Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Ally Allan ran the team. Older Caley fans may know his brother Brian & his father Charlie who died a couple of years back.

Players included Dave Scobie, Ian (Claud) McCleod & i think the late Andrew Mackie was also involved. I can't remember them all as i moved away fromm Inverness not long after the merger.

They're still going i think. As are a team called Portland Caledonian who are also ex Caley fans.

This reminds me of my Introduction to Clach, I was on Holiday, in a pub in Inverness and fancied watching a match, so asked a bloke up at the Bar where the ICT ground was. His reply "You don't want to watch that Shite, come back here tomorrow and we will go to a proper game" my wife and I ended up going to a Clach game with a complete stranger and we loved every minute of it.

Having got to know him a lot better, it turns out that he was a Thistle Fan (his family were involved in the running of them) and since the merger he is another who refuses to go near ICT. Even as a Celtic Fan (season Ticket holder) he will not go there to watch Celtic as he does not want a penny of his money going anywhere near them.

Hello friend. Well said on everything (apart from following Rangers :D ). BTW, you can buy special Pie and Bovril designed Caley t-shirts here. Beautiful if you ask me.

Also, I'd be interested in any isue of LSM except number 17 as its the only one i have.

I've only got 1 of each left now (apart from about 50 LSM 17). I've managed to lose touch with the printer too, so cant get any through him either.

The National Library of Scotland has a copy of the first 7 or 8, so if you're ever in there, do the decent thing and steal them. ;)

We Are The People. :D

Edited by The Howden End

I've only got 1 of each left now (apart from about 50 LSM 17). I've managed to lose touch with the printer too, so cant get any through him either.

The National Library of Scotland has a copy of the first 7 or 8, so if you're ever in there, do the decent thing and steal them. ;)

We Are The People. :D

Next time I'm in Edinburgh I'll be coming in the NLS through the roof.

thats my union flag beside the goals. :lol:

Great game. Still hate Rangers though.

There's also a Caley page on Bebo.

:(

I just found Caley D's post:

"The name, the colours, the badge, the constant reminders throughout the function rooms, offices and hallways in the stadium of both teams by way of photographs etc. The merger of the history books into a single archive and the forthcoming museum.......not to mention the information and stories the fans of the old clubs pass on to the new generations of ICT fans.

In fact, ICT and it's fans are doing more to keep alive the history of Thistle and Caley than those who can't move beyond the merger.....do these post merger stay aways actually think they are helping keep the history of the clubs alive by trying to tell everyone that the clubs are dead? What kind of perverse logic is that?

Regardless of whether you were for or against the merger, it happened and there's no going back. You can refuse to be a part of what was born out of the merger, or you can accept it and do your part to ensure that the memories and history of the old clubs lives on.

Coming on to a forum and attacking the fans of ICT at every opportunity will serve no purpose, you are part of dying minority which serves no useful or welcome purpose...regardless of how you try to spin it.

I'm almost at the age whereby I've spent more time following ICT than I did Caley, but I'll happily spend time in the company of the "old-timers" who followed Thistle or Caley long before I did, but now follow ICT...and there's plenty of them...I love to hear their stories of how things used to be, heck I'll even listen to their rants about the fairness/corruption of the merger....they have one thing from me that the few dozen stay aways will never have....my respect. Why? Because they do more in one afternoon/evening of story telling to keep alive the history of the old clubs than any of the refuseniks will do between now and the day they die.

The only people contributing to the downfall of the memory of Thistle and Caley are people like you...whether you were a fan of either pre-merger team or not... who can't see beyond the chance for a cheap dig at the merger at any given opportunity. The merger was one small part in over 100 years of history for each club...a history that continues to have great chapters added season after season.....that is a fact, and all the bumping of gums in the world will not change it."

WHAT A FUCKING c**t

I am slightly pished having just come home from the pub but here goes:

So we have offices and function rooms in the Tulloch Stadium keeping Caley alive?? Oh, lord, not to mention tales from heroic merger loving ex-fans. Why aren't we more gratefull?? ICT are our saviours and we didn't even know it! Against all odds they have achieved the destruction of 2 great clubs and replaced them with possibly the worst ever excuse of a football club that has ever been manufactured. Something that a few refusenik, naive, old-timers like me can't deny. I am ashamed that your club comes from my town. What a goddam embarrassment.

What are we supposed to do you spanner? Build a statue? Lay a wreath of flowers?? We don't have a club or the resources of David Sutherland (w**ker) and that p***k from the Orion group to build a stadium for us do we?? I can't speak for the former Caley and Thsitle fans who now follow ICT and frankly i don't care. Like PRS has already said, being a football fan means you can't turn your loyalties on and off like a tap. It speaks volumes of the morals of these people to blindly follow another club. It doesn't matter a jot if you followed Caley or Thistle for 2 years or 30 years.

I am stunned at the ignorance of you and your kind. You are absoulutely disgusting.

That CaleyD is just a walking abortion. As is clacher. The opinions of people like them are not worth considering, they are the epitomy of everything that is wrong with football "customers" these days.

I would like to add ImmortalhowdenEnder & that fat Scott in Canada (both Celtic fans who were NEVER seen at Telford Street pre 1994) to the list of walking abortions btw. Total c***s who have no place at a real football club.

Edited by The Howden End

I was in the company of an ex-Caley player (Colin Mitchell) & about a half dozen ex-Howden Enders in Manchester last month before the UEFA Cup final. There were lads i hadn't seen for years as i left Inverness about 10 years ago, and others have left before & since. We were in a bar in Piccadily Gardens, talking about the Howden End when we were meant to be focusing on the biggest Rangers game for 36 years. :lol: . Unfortunately, as we left the bar, the big screen was promptly switched off & the riot police started attacking folk indiscriminately. :angry: . Strangely, the news reports which followed bore little resemblence to what actually happened. Much like the merger in fact.

Don't worry RayBees, i can live with you hating The Rangers, lets face it, this is a backwards wee country full of jealous vindictive scum (look at how the SPL treated its European representatives), so one more Rangers-hater is just another dafty in my book. At least you're no a manky tim or a franchise football fan. :lol: I'm just trying to remember your face....wee ginger ballboy? Did you look a bit like a special needs kid back then? ;)

I'll be back, more than a few Caley stories to tell, if i can remember!

I was in the company of an ex-Caley player (Colin Mitchell) & about a half dozen ex-Howden Enders in Manchester last month before the UEFA Cup final. There were lads i hadn't seen for years as i left Inverness about 10 years ago, and others have left before & since. We were in a bar in Piccadily Gardens, talking about the Howden End when we were meant to be focusing on the biggest Rangers game for 36 years. :lol: . Unfortunately, as we left the bar, the big screen was promptly switched off & the riot police started attacking folk indiscriminately. :angry: . Strangely, the news reports which followed bore little resemblence to what actually happened. Much like the merger in fact.

Don't worry RayBees, i can live with you hating The Rangers, lets face it, this is a backwards wee country full of jealous vindictive scum (look at how the SPL treated its European representatives), so one more Rangers-hater is just another dafty in my book. At least you're no a manky tim or a franchise football fan. :lol: I'm just trying to remember your face....wee ginger ballboy? Did you look a bit like a special needs kid back then? ;)

I'll be back, more than a few Caley stories to tell, if i can remember!

:lol: - Special needs? Well my mum always told me i was special. I saw Colin Mitchell playing for Avoch in the Highland Amateur Cup Final the year before last. And listen here, I may be jealous vindictive scum but thats nothing to do with hating Rangers, thats just common sense. Anyway take all the tiresome Old Firm nonsense to the Old Firm section with the rest of them but this is for Caley talk. It's great to have a few more Caley fans on here.

I've no need to go to the Old Firm forum, i'm here to talk about the Caley & our collective hatred of those bottom-feeding arsewipes who destroyed the soul of Inverness football.

Anyway, an Old Firm forum indicates the presence of **** so i've no wish to go there. :lol:

Does anyone remember the first LSM bus to an away match? Q-Cup v Keith. An eventful trip to say the least. We won 3-0 too, which was a bonus (i think King Billy Urquhart was in goal for most of the match).

There's a copy of LSM 14 for sale here....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Inverness-Caledonian...p3286.m20.l1116

Nice, with the b*****d Doc on the cover too. I may well put in a bid, thats where i bought my copy of No 17. I used to have most of them but they were lost along with tons of programmes and my collection of Highland Football Magazine (remember that?).

I saw a couple of Caley badges on ebay last week then i forgot about the deadline. Also, PRS outbid me for 'Caley All The Way' the other week.

Edited by RayBees

Guest HighlandSoccerExecutive

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

The Howden End will NEVER die.

There's some amount of mugs on this thread by the way :o