Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

clacher2 is too young to remember or appreciate who Caley and Thistle were.

ICT kits have been, almost without exception, ridiculous sub-Rangers efforts. Horrible.

They're normally modelled on England cricket tops.

Guest clacher2

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_F...ian_Thistle.htm

stripy rangers tops? :huh:

every caledoinian fan supported a 'big' team too, almost without exception, glasgow rangers. the history isnt so far in the past that you can change that fact.

filthymack, although young, i did goto dozens of clach and caley games in the 2 years leading upto the merger. now obviously i was too young to understand the politics of the situation but i do remember the club and fans, going to games now with supporters from both sides just fills in the gaps, then of course i take in everything thats written about caley and thistle on the ict page and whats spouted on here

Guest clacher2

My god, what do you get up to at almost after 2am on a school night?

and it aint a school night for me until next tuesday :cheers

Edited by clacher2

every caledoinian fan supported a 'big' team too, almost without exception, glasgow rangers. the history isnt so far in the past that you can change that fact.

Ok Clacher but not all of those kits were stripey, most though are rank rotten. The Caley ones though, are works of art.

As for almost every Caley fan being a Rangers fan? Utter garbage. I think you're alluding to the fact that Caley were once referred to as "the Rangers of the North" due to them being such a successful club and the fact that there was the odd union flag spotted at Telford Street - this has already been addressed much earlier in the Caley thread and i can't be bothered going over it again. Personally, I hate Rangers and always have - thats what makes it so difficult to choose between who i want to lose more when they come to town.

Edited by RayBees

filthymack, although young, i did goto dozens of clach and caley games in the 2 years leading upto the merger. now obviously i was too young to understand the politics of the situation but i do remember the club and fans, going to games now with supporters from both sides just fills in the gaps, then of course i take in everything thats written about caley and thistle on the ict page and whats spouted on here

Why are you called Clacher are you somewhat confused? If you have learning difficulties forgive me for asking a stupid question!! :D

I was a caley fan first and foremost and hated the old firm,caledonian was my one and only team!!

To be honest i know off very few howdenders who now attend ICT games,i for one haven't and NEVER will!!!!!

Maybe the caley fans you are speaking about were the ones that sat with the traitors in the stand :lol:

Load of Bollocks. The guys I stood with in the Howden End may have had "second" teams, but none supported either of the old firm. First and foremost, they were Caley fans, yes Caley fans and given that with one exception, they do not go to ICT matches, would still describe themselves as Caley fans........I wonder, do you know anything about Caley or do you just make things up?

Edited by PRS

• 1 month later...

I read in the paper today that, as was asked a few times earlier, Caledonian do indeed still play in the Inverness Amateur League (division 2) and former Ross county and Clach legend Alex Bone is turning out for them! Also, I heard that Mark MacRitchie is playing for a team in Division 3!

I haven't read through all the pages on here so this question may have been asked before.

Is there still a large amount of Caley/Thistle fans who refuse to watch ICT? if there is, is there any chance that both or either of these clubs could be resurrected? Would they be viable given Clach's struggles?

I haven't read through all the pages on here so this question may have been asked before.

Is there still a large amount of Caley/Thistle fans who refuse to watch ICT? if there is, is there any chance that both or either of these clubs could be resurrected? Would they be viable given Clach's struggles?

i know a fair few including myself but theres nowhere near enough after so many years to make any resurections viable.there was a Caledonian fc set up in the local amateur leagues after the merger but i was horrified to see a photo of them in the courier a couple of seasons back wearing ICT strips(assuming the courier staff got their captioning right,a big assumption)

I knew about 20 regulars on the Howden End and only one watches ICT. The vast majority of the rest do not bother going to any games and do not support anyone else. In other words, fans lost to the game.

you speak from utter ignorance.some did,many didn't.ironically enough,though,every ICT fan i know has a "big" team as well

i know a fair few including myself but theres nowhere near enough after so many years to make any resurections viable.there was a Caledonian fc set up in the local amateur leagues after the merger but i was horrified to see a photo of them in the courier a couple of seasons back wearing ICT strips(assuming the courier staff got their captioning right,a big assumption)

May have been Caley Thistle Social Club who also have an amateur league team. They were wearing ICT kits when my team played them a few years back. I think its safe to conclude that the Courier are as diligent as ever...

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread & although i've only read the first 9 pages so far, i thought i'd sign up and add my tuppenceworth.

I'm 39 years old & i followed Caley home & away until 1994.

I was on the pitch & Rothes, i hired the double-decker bus that overlooked the Comet end & i was banned from voting to save my club from the b*****d merger.

14 years later & i still hate ICT. I watch my wee team, The Rangers & I've never seen ICT play & nowadays when they visit Ibrox, i stay away. Lets make no mistake here, i would rather watch Caledonian FC, in whatever division, than watch the Rangers, but i cant, so i have no choice. Of all my old Howden End pals/acquaintances, i don't know any who watch ICT. Those b*****ds stole our club, and our dream of watching Caley progress through the leagues. I would NEVER set foot in their shite-hole of a stadium.

At least Norman Miller got what he deserved. I hope they all go the same way. Scum merger b*****ds.

Bitterness? You don't have a fuckin' clue.

Who's the traitors in the stand?

Incidentally, i've still got a heap of LSM 17 (Arfur Daley) in a box if anyone wants a copy..........

dirty jaggy vermin gtf

Edited by The Howden End

Interesting thread & although i've only read the first 9 pages so far, i thought i'd sign up and add my tuppenceworth.

I'm 39 years old & i followed Caley home & away until 1994.

I was on the pitch & Rothes, i hired the double-decker bus that overlooked the Comet end & i was banned from voting to save my club from the b*****d merger.

14 years later & i still hate ICT. I watch my wee team, The Rangers & I've never seen ICT play & nowadays when they visit Ibrox, i stay away. Lets make no mistake here, i would rather watch Caledonian FC, in whatever division, than watch the Rangers, but i cant, so i have no choice. Of all my old Howden End pals/acquaintances, i don't know any who watch ICT. Those b*****ds stole our club, and our dream of watching Caley progress through the leagues. I would NEVER set foot in their shite-hole of a stadium.

At least Norman Miller got what he deserved. I hope they all go the same way. Scum merger b*****ds.

Bitterness? You don't have a fuckin' clue.

Who's the traitors in the stand?

Incidentally, i've still got a heap of LSM 17 (Arfur Daley) in a box if anyone wants a copy..........

dirty jaggy vermin gtf

Hello friend. Well said on everything (apart from following Rangers :D ). BTW, you can buy special Pie and Bovril designed Caley t-shirts here. Beautiful if you ask me.

Also, I'd be interested in any isue of LSM except number 17 as its the only one i have.

1. "Lets make no mistake here, i would rather watch Caledonian FC, in whatever division, than watch the Rangers,
  2. Of all my old Howden End pals/acquaintances, i don't know any who watch ICT. Those b*****ds stole our club, and our dream of watching Caley progress through the leagues. "

Agree completely.

Re 1, I would rather watch Caley anywhere than any other team full stop. How can a real fan just transfer their allegance to a club that destroyed the one they supported? The ICT postings on here always talk about ICT success as if following a club was just about that.

Re 2. I know of one Caley fan who watches ICT and thats it.

Keep posting and as Ray Bees suggested, get the new Caley T shirts. They're the muts nuts

aaah, this thread takes me back to before fatty from canada banned me from the ict forum..

clacher holiday & the scarf are still cyber hardmen i see. Ooh the irony,

if only those young pups had half a clue what Caledonian FC was all about.

I was sent this thread and need to put in my tuppenbce worth. I eventually left i/ness in 98 as it just wasnt the same after the b@stard merger, however, i was up the other week and now am glad of my decision. The place is turning into the toilet of scotland.(move over dundee).

When i was a lad, i'll tell you something, 200 poles, would not allowed to have ran amok in the town centre without a challenge. Idiots like me would have made sure of that. :lol:

And ihe wouldnt be known as one of our lets say, main supporters( as when caley werre about he was too busy beating up doobed up patients)..

Anyway, i am just hanging on till the end of next season and the fast up n coming demotion of ict to the lower league's where they will stay until the end approaches(which will in no way make the same history Invernesss Thistle made, never mind Caledonian FC..

Also, the part of Scotland i moved too, has quite a few ex invernesian's here, and out of all i have met, i am still to meet one who has anything positive to say about the b@stard ict. FACT.

PS. I also have a number of lsm available, somewhere!!! :D

Edited by Lets all laugh at thistle

Does anyone know who played for Caledonian in the amateur league? They were formed by anti merger Caley fans but who were they?

Ally Allan ran the team. Older Caley fans may know his brother Brian & his father Charlie who died a couple of years back.

Players included Dave Scobie, Ian (Claud) McCleod & i think the late Andrew Mackie was also involved. I can't remember them all as i moved away fromm Inverness not long after the merger.