Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Hey, PRS I managed to succesfully bid for issue 17 of LSM (with Arthur Daley on the front cover) for 99p. A guy in Edinburgh was selling it and i did wonder if it was you...

Raybees, there is no way I 'd be selling my LSM collection. Don't know who the seller is.

:lol:

Knew that would get you.

You should have every bone in your body broken for that. That kind of thing is usually the second step towards a messageboard going down the lavvy.

The first being the main forum being a repetition of the same factless and stupid arguments over and over and over....

Never really bothered to post on forums normally just read them but when I seen this topic felt I had to post -

From the age of 6 till 18 I was a huge Caley fan from the first time I seen them play in a Scottish Cup match when we beat Albion Rovers 2-1 to our last ever game when we lost 2-1 at Huntly (think that's right memory is a bit hazy of that day due to alcohol intake ). I can't suffer ICT and agree wholeheartedly with people who refer to them as a plastic football team the whole way the merger was handled by the people who wanted it was a disgrace from start to finish from the buying of season tickets to the banning of anti merger season ticket holders. I always followed Dundee United as my Premier League team and have to say was not overly bothered when they lost to Gretna on Saturday as it kept that excuse of a football team bottom, what a shame a legend like Craig Brewster chooses to be associated with them. :(

Never really bothered to post on forums normally just read them but when I seen this topic felt I had to post -

From the age of 6 till 18 I was a huge Caley fan from the first time I seen them play in a Scottish Cup match when we beat Albion Rovers 2-1 to our last ever game when we lost 2-1 at Huntly (think that's right memory is a bit hazy of that day due to alcohol intake ). I can't suffer ICT and agree wholeheartedly with people who refer to them as a plastic football team the whole way the merger was handled by the people who wanted it was a disgrace from start to finish from the buying of season tickets to the banning of anti merger season ticket holders. I always followed Dundee United as my Premier League team and have to say was not overly bothered when they lost to Gretna on Saturday as it kept that excuse of a football team bottom, what a shame a legend like Craig Brewster chooses to be associated with them. :(

Mate, you are one of the good guys. Thanks for the input and long live the mighty Caley!

Edited by RayBees

Good to see another Caley voice has joined this thread. Hope you get around to sharing some of your memories of supporting this great team

everything that was wrong with inverness football right there.

prs, raybees, jimmy etc... who was your BIG team?

Start making sense Clacher, you're embarrassing yourself. It strikes me that you know nothing about Inverness or football.

Who's your big team?

Edited by RayBees

Shut up Clacher.

Back to Caley: What was the greatest Caley kit? I'd have to say the home kit from about 89/90 sponsored by John G MacGregor which was all blue (surprisingly) with the top quarter featuring a fetching white background and a neat, although a little crude, Scottish map design.

Doc is sporting it in this picture:

http://www.caledonianfc.co.uk/Caley%20Webs...layers/doc.html

I remember my folks buying it for me from Turnbull Sports but my kit had blue shorts with white trimmings whereas Doc is sporting white shorts with blue trimmings. Which is better?

Had many great times at away games particulary Scottish Cup remember bus driver getting lost on way to Brechin in a 2-1 defeat, 2-2 draw at Airdrie when my mate got punched in the face by some ned in dungarees, 4-1 win at Stenhousemuir after been a goal down and Danny MacDonald been stretchered off and the great night in Perth when Caley took over McDiarmid Park.