Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

C'mon now guys, you know you love me really, look at all the extra posts you've had on me instead of bleating on about fan mags, ex players and all your usual boring shite, I have rejuvenated the six of you by adding to your hate of the Famous Caley with my own forum persona.

Why don't I see you on the caleythistleonline ICT forum?? are you six barred from there?

Nobody had heard of you six on the SPL forum until I entered your miserable little lives and now you have a starring role on there with the ICT going down thread (sorry btw that it looks like it isn't going to pan out for you), admittedly there is some bewilderment from central belt fans about your sanity but best ignore that as we don't need you further confused over your crusade, keep faith and maybe one day The Famous Caley will go bust and you will be able to have, 'See I telt ye' chiseled onto your headstones.

Cue another ten posts on the barstard Sandy Cromarty, doncha just love it?

Hi Sandy. Bit disappointed at having to write this, but your standard of posting is going down hill. Where's the incisive wit that we expect? The cutting humour? The sharing of knowledge gained from your rich life experience? No evidence of these recently. Even inaccuracies appearing - your point about central fans. Well I know plenty and they have nothing but admiration for the stance we take, as (and I know you are not going to accept this easily, but remember denial is damaging) they would not like to see their club disappear into a franchise either - who would have thought it? Such logic

I'll take my counselling hat off and be directive, all in your best interests of course. Time to get a new script writer, or perhaps a walk up the South Sutor or around Fishertown for inspiration and clarity

Right now, sadly, you are just not worth laughing at. And how we used to enjoy that.

Regards

PRS

Edited by PRS

I notice that FC Caledonian 2009 didn't get a place in the Highland League this time around. With the hundreds, nay thousands of real football fans in Inverness without a real football team for them to support this would have been the perfect opportunity to raise the club from the dead.

Oh well there might be another Highland League restructuring in 2024. Whats another 15 years?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: What a feckin brilliant thread - and here I am - founder and leader of the famous Caley Animals - and now the Immortal One who has taken off the merger blinkers and sings the old songs from the glory days of the Howden End, watching the Caley stuff the Old Firm over and over.

Relegation Party - ya will get a feckin telegram from the Queen first.

O2B. :rolleyes:

I have just read all the pages and this is a feckin great yet frustrating thread. It has brought back great memories fer me and I will not disgrace the Caledonian Memorial thread by mentioning the new breed. I was first taken to Telford Street in 1957 as a babe in ma feckin pram amd my Dad told me that the pulled off ma nappy and let me piss at the back of the Howden End - I did it a few more times after the that.

There are some genuine Caley fans on here and some fantasists as well. I take it that the Howden Ender is AD - the wee boy whos father asked me to look after him at away games and who I took to his first *** game in Aberdeen. I sense that the rest know me and respect me as a true Howden Ender - even if they may call me a traitor in the stand now - but I initially backed the anti merger protests and I bet I put more money in the anti merger fund coffers than most on here.

And most of us in the good old days followed the Bigger teams - mainly the OF and Aberdeen - and many still decry ICT but follow the **** and the ****. What really gets to me is that some - including AD - follow the feckin Tinks and welcome the gypsies on to this Memorial threads. We never hated the feckin Jeggies - they were never a threat - we ran with the Ferry and the Clachers - we hated Elgin and the Tinks - we fecked the S*****o and the Jail End on many a day - we went to the Red Shoes and the Strath to follow that up as well. Have to say that the best "crew" was from Huntly and they ran us a couple of times.

No TRUE Howden Ender would sit in Viccy Park and support the Tinks - Feckin sacriledge.

My best mates at school were Billy Urquhart and Davie Milroy - and I now often sit and reminisce about the old days with them when WE watch the old breed - and I often see Roddy Davidson, Wilsy, Donald Park et al as well.

And my favourite ICT song is - "The Howden End will never die - The Howden End is in the Sky". :D

And I sang it walking down the road to Govan - what a feckin buzz - **** 0 Caley 1

I have just read all the pages and this is a feckin great yet frustrating thread. It has brought back great memories fer me and I will not disgrace the Caledonian Memorial thread by mentioning the new breed. I was first taken to Telford Street in 1957 as a babe in ma feckin pram amd my Dad told me that the pulled off ma nappy and let me piss at the back of the Howden End - I did it a few more times after the that.

There are some genuine Caley fans on here and some fantasists as well. I take it that the Howden Ender is AD - the wee boy whos father asked me to look after him at away games and who I took to his first *** game in Aberdeen. I sense that the rest know me and respect me as a true Howden Ender - even if they may call me a traitor in the stand now - but I initially backed the anti merger protests and I bet I put more money in the anti merger fund coffers than most on here.

And most of us in the good old days followed the Bigger teams - mainly the OF and Aberdeen - and many still decry ICT but follow the **** and the ****. What really gets to me is that some - including AD - follow the feckin Tinks and welcome the gypsies on to this Memorial threads. We never hated the feckin Jeggies - they were never a threat - we ran with the Ferry and the Clachers - we hated Elgin and the Tinks - we fecked the S*****o and the Jail End on many a day - we went to the Red Shoes and the Strath to follow that up as well. Have to say that the best "crew" was from Huntly and they ran us a couple of times.

No TRUE Howden Ender would sit in Viccy Park and support the Tinks - Feckin sacriledge.

My best mates at school were Billy Urquhart and Davie Milroy - and I now often sit and reminisce about the old days with them when WE watch the old breed - and I often see Roddy Davidson, Wilsy, Donald Park et al as well.

And my favourite ICT song is - "The Howden End will never die - The Howden End is in the Sky". :D

And I sang it walking down the road to Govan - what a feckin buzz - **** 0 Caley 1

Fair play to you mate for being able to forget all the shit which happened to create your new team, because they are a new team as much as you want to pretend they are still Caley, they are'nt and they never have been.

I have not been back to any Highland league ground since the merger, and i am not trying to make out i am some kind of martyr to the cause there is just no way i could ever watch any other team Ross county or Clach.

To lay the cards on the table, i have been to ICT's ground twice to see if there was any feelings at all because i really do miss watching football, but i can say without any doubt it was worse than i thought it was going to be, there was no singing at all from anyone, and any of the younger ones who tried were quickly shut up by the old codgers who were dotted everywhere.

I am sure you will remember that we used to hardly ever be silent home or away when we followed the real Caley.

Surely you can't deny that there is a serious lack of GENUINE support within ICT, it is completely soulless.

As i said earlier, if it helps you to pretend that you are still following Caley then fair enough, but it's not.

Feel free to add your memories to the thread though :D

post-20789-1236299307.jpg

Immortal Howden Ender - When you speak of fantasists on this thread I take it you are speaking of our friends Sandy and Clacher. If you prefer to sit on your hands with the likes of them supporting the Jaggies then all the best to you. I recommend going along to take in a Clach game - they need all the help and every penny they can get. They also produce a fantastic matchday programme.

Immortal Howden Ender - When you speak of fantasists on this thread I take it you are speaking of our friends Sandy and Clacher. If you prefer to sit on your hands with the likes of them supporting the Jaggies then all the best to you. I recommend going along to take in a Clach game - they need all the help and every penny they can get. They also produce a fantastic matchday programme.

Well - there just on the feckin wind up arent they. I aint naming names but some of the Caley boys on here should just live in the past and enjoy the memories and feck the bitterness of the present. And most of us supported a "big" team in the pre merger days - and many still get on the buses to motor South on a weekend. I simply prefer to support a Sneck based outfit. I aint going to join in the Caley baiting - I still regard myself as a true Caley man - I stayed away from the Dump fer three years - I gave money to the cause. Perhaps I am a traitor or perhaps my way of dealing with it is simply pretending that it is the Caley that I am following. I still put the feckin kilt on and sing and sing and sing. You may not approve but I can chant O2B - It feckin tickles me - its only a feckin song - but I never hated the Jeggies - most of my mates are ex Jeggies - in many ways them poor cnuts were more fecked by the merger than any one. But I still hate County and Elgin with a vengeance. I cant believe that some cnuts actually support the Tinks !!

The ICT away support can be entertaining - the home support is lamentable at times - It is a bit like watching Meadowbank at the Commonwealth Stadium - that was the weirdest day feckin ever - from my perspective ya will never beat a night in a packed Howden end signing the old songs and often partaking in a smuggled in bottle of Pomagne or Scotsmac.

And the glorious midweek train journeys to Lossie, Rothes, Deveronvale etc. And the Football specials to Elgin and Dingwall.

Have to say that our stop off in McDuff on the way home from winning the league in Fitlike land was the best nite ever. Just as good as the clash with the fishermen when we changed ends at half time. Now changing ends at half time - even when there was a good crowd - was entertainment in itself.

By the way - Do you want to know the true story of the Animals ?? - It may actually crush a few myths !!

IHE i can't speak on behalf of the other Caley boys on here but i personally am as bitter about the merger now as i was 15 years ago,they say time is a great healer but not so in this case

In my eyes Inverness football died the day Caley were killed off to make way for the hate child that is ICT

Ok you accepted the merger all be it after a few years but i would say you were/are in the minority

I'm sure you must know many fellow howdenenders who have never attended the dump?

I'm certainly not going to disguise the fact that i take great pleasure in seeing ICT getting humped or languishing at the foot off the table

Even as i type this i'm enjoying the fact that they are nearing a scottish cup exit at home to the hands of Falkirk :lol:

ICT are a plastic soul-less franchise club,they are NOT Caley and they NEVER will be

All very sad as there was NO NEED for a merger

Anyway i hope you drowned out the away support today in the singing section with your Jaggie chants ;)

IHE i can't speak on behalf of the other Caley boys on here but i personally am as bitter about the merger now as i was 15 years ago,they say time is a great healer but not so in this case

In my eyes Inverness football died the day Caley were killed off to make way for the hate child that is ICT

Ok you accepted the merger all be it after a few years but i would say you were/are in the minority

I'm sure you must know many fellow howdenenders who have never attended the dump?

I'm certainly not going to disguise the fact that i take great pleasure in seeing ICT getting humped or languishing at the foot off the table

Even as i type this i'm enjoying the fact that they are nearing a scottish cup exit at home to the hands of Falkirk :lol:

ICT are a plastic soul-less franchise club,they are NOT Caley and they NEVER will be

All very sad as there was NO NEED for a merger

Anyway i hope you drowned out the away support today in the singing section with your Jaggie chants ;)

If there was no need for a merger then it wouldn't have happened.

Look at where ICT are today. A few days ago they beat Rangers at Ibrox! Now, if the merger hadn't taken place to produce a half-decent club from Inverness then you'd still be getting all excited about playing Fort William on a Saturday morning. I dunno, maybe all you sentimental Inverness blokes are just used to watching tosh week in week out that ambition has been long forgotten. Better to keep your petty rivalries?

Look at where ICT are today. A few days ago they beat Rangers at Ibrox! Now, if the merger hadn't taken place to produce a half-decent club from Inverness then you'd still be getting all excited about playing Fort William on a Saturday morning. I dunno, maybe all you sentimental Inverness blokes are just used to watching tosh week in week out that ambition has been long forgotten. Better to keep your petty rivalries?

You trying to stir things CD boy!!

Death to Threave Rovers.

Well - there just on the feckin wind up arent they. I aint naming names but some of the Caley boys on here should just live in the past and enjoy the memories and feck the bitterness of the present. And most of us supported a "big" team in the pre merger days - and many still get on the buses to motor South on a weekend. I simply prefer to support a Sneck based outfit. I aint going to join in the Caley baiting - I still regard myself as a true Caley man - I stayed away from the Dump fer three years - I gave money to the cause. Perhaps I am a traitor or perhaps my way of dealing with it is simply pretending that it is the Caley that I am following. I still put the feckin kilt on and sing and sing and sing. You may not approve but I can chant O2B - It feckin tickles me - its only a feckin song - but I never hated the Jeggies - most of my mates are ex Jeggies - in many ways them poor cnuts were more fecked by the merger than any one. But I still hate County and Elgin with a vengeance. I cant believe that some cnuts actually support the Tinks !!

The ICT away support can be entertaining - the home support is lamentable at times - It is a bit like watching Meadowbank at the Commonwealth Stadium - that was the weirdest day feckin ever - from my perspective ya will never beat a night in a packed Howden end signing the old songs and often partaking in a smuggled in bottle of Pomagne or Scotsmac.

And the glorious midweek train journeys to Lossie, Rothes, Deveronvale etc. And the Football specials to Elgin and Dingwall.

Have to say that our stop off in McDuff on the way home from winning the league in Fitlike land was the best nite ever. Just as good as the clash with the fishermen when we changed ends at half time. Now changing ends at half time - even when there was a good crowd - was entertainment in itself.

By the way - Do you want to know the true story of the Animals ?? - It may actually crush a few myths !!

You are a good bit older than most of the regular posters so hopefully you'll share your memories of Caley. Like most on here I see ICT as the team that murdered Caley and as such could never support them and cannot pretend that ICT are Caley. Yup we live in the past, but then again its a memorial thread. What was your best ever Caley match?

Piss off back to your hovel knobend you know jackshit about it.

Guest HowdenEnder

I'm not AD. You must be thinking of someone else and I certainly don't follow the Gypo's in Dingwall.

Does anyone remember the first LSM bus to an away match? Q-Cup v Keith. An eventful trip to say the least. We won 3-0 too, which was a bonus (i think King Billy Urquhart was in goal for most of the match).

Time to get this thread back to what it should be, i have been trawling back through it again and have to reply to this.

Remembering the day is probably not really going to be easy :guinness suffice to say it was pure quality.

One thing that sticks in my mind is, after a few dodgy offside decisions given against us (or so we thought) one of the boys (i'm sure it was Mark) decided he could do a much better job so he skipped over the touchline wall & grabbed the flag off the linesman & started to run up & down the line like someone trying to land a plane. :lol::lol:

Jesus knows how he got off with it without getting hoofed out, but everyone just seemed to take it as a laugh.

No prizes for guessing what would happen now.

Each & every one of those bus trips was an adventure of some sort, top quality proper fans who we know for a fact most of the players appreciated for the vocal support every game.

Well I am in my fifties now and the alcohol has soddened ma recollect but no ma memories - where can ya get the fixtures and results of yesteryear ?

Note that LSM mentioned the Animals and they are known as a feared crew - well actually we started off as yer regular bunch of pissheads. We started in a spell of Jeggie supremacy in the early 70's. In circa 1973/74 we sat in the Fluke and created the Animals. If I recall it was the sozzled idea of Norman Gordon. The others were Willie Fraser, Sandy Rose, Nicky Evans, Colin Arnott, Rodger McDonald, John Duncan, Neil Findlay, Davie Frame and ma good self. The original idea was to go together to games - home and away with the sole aim of getting totally blootered. We also all supported the bigger clubs down South and all though we were a mixture of Rangers (mostly), Celtic, Airdrie, Dundee, Aberdeen and even Ipswich we would travel down together to the big teams if Caley were playing some crap like Rothes or Lossie cos we always tanned them by double figures or close to that in those days.

The Train trips to Tinkerville and Borough Briggs plus the better supported Highland League teams blossomed. We even had our own run down minibus. We never really went out looking fer a scrap but we usually ended up in one - and that was down to the inciting 2-3 I may add. Norman Gordon made badges fer lapels and scarves epitomising the Howden End and the Animal Aggro was enthused. The outcome was that many peeple joined us on our travels or congregated with us at games. Most of us just wanted to get back to the pub after but if a rammy went off we got the feckin acclaim !!! Mainly when we exchanged ends at half time as has been said on this thread before.

The night out in McDuff when we won the league in the late seventies was wild to the extreme - possibly the best ever feeling of togetherness that I have ever experienced.

We went to Hellgin in the Cup on a special Train - loaded with a carry out. We tried to find another pub and walked into Woolies - the whole feckin train followed us - Woolies was trashed and there were Caley boys flying down the hill to the ground with chains and lead pipes and baseball feckin bats. We ambled away at the back and we got all the acclaim as the Animals ran the S*****o. :lol::lol::lol:

That is enuff fer one night. I'll be feckin incontinent in a minute.