Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

I'm bidding for some old issues of "On A LSM" on ebay, i've never bid for anything on ebay before so watch me blow at least 50 grand.

Bid your max. A great read. "Dots" and co did a great job in producing LSM.

Aye, they were dead funny. I used to have all of them and a suitcase and cardbox full of Caley programmes, Highland Football magazines, my uncles Aberdeen 1983 Cup Winners Cup programmes, and other stuff which my dad gave to my other uncle who promptly sold them on to some stranger!

I would pay anything to get them back.

Chances are they'd have made it someway towards where The Plastic (Somewhat less than) Fantastic are sitting now. Jesus, Peterhead and Ross County managed it and neither of them were even close to the status in the HFL that Caley were at.

Peterhead and County have not come close to getting where ICT are currently.

Those four are all more than 100 miles from Inverness. :lol:

Inverness - Aberdeen = 104 miles

Inverness - Perth = 113 miles

Not too far beyond 100 miles really...

Edited by RiG

/quote]

I thought County finished quite high up in the 1st division one season (?) and surely that's close to being bottom of the SPL?

Anyway its irrelevant as it would still be better to have Caley over ICT, regardless of what level they were playing.

I thought County finished quite high up in the 1st division one season (?) and surely that's close to being bottom of the SPL?

What a interesting comparison. Taking one teams best ever finish in SFL 1, from roughly 3 or 4 years ago?, and pitting it against one other teams current position in a season that is only 7 games old.

I think the highest the finished was 4th one season? Some way off finishing 7th in the SPL which is the highest ICT have finished.

What a interesting comparison. Taking one teams best ever finish in SFL 1, from roughly 3 or 4 years ago?, and pitting it against one other teams current position in a season that is only 7 games old.

I think the highest the finished was 4th one season? Some way off finishing 7th in the SPL which is the highest ICT have finished.

Its not really an interesting comparison but anyway the the debate was over was where ICT are "currently" not when they finished 7th. In this case i would regard 4th (assuming they did reach there) in the 1st division as being close to 12th in the SPL, ok? If you don't thats fair enough.

Its not really an interesting comparison but anyway the the debate was over was where ICT are "currently" not when they finished 7th. In this case i would regard 4th (assuming they did reach there) in the 1st division as being close to 12th in the SPL, ok? If you don't thats fair enough.

If you are going to talk about where ICT are currently should this not also extend to where the teams you are wanting to compare them against currently are?

Ergo, County are 2 divisions below ICT. I wouldn't consider them to be similar.

Jesus christ RiG, it was you who made the bloody comparison:

I merely said i beieve County have come close to where ICT are currently. I don't make the rules...

I merely said i beieve County have come close to where ICT are currently. I don't make the rules...

As County have finished 3rd (technically) and Caley Thistle are currently in the relegation zone (which technically should put them back in the 1st Division next season) I would be inclined to agree with you that technically there's only ever been 2 positions between us. :ph34r:

Inverness - Aberdeen = 104 miles

Inverness - Perth = 113 miles

Not too far beyond 100 miles really...

I said all four were more than 100 miles from Inverness. Many thanks for doing the research to prove me correct.

Guest clacher2

the difference between finishing 4th in the first and finishing first in the same division is that to be 4th you only have to be better than 6 other teams, the difference is massive when you play 4 games a year against each team

the difference between finishing 4th in the first and finishing first in the same division is that to be 4th you only have to be better than 6 other teams, the difference is massive when you play 4 games a year against each team

Clacher, you should know better than to post on here. Actually, i'm giving you far too much credit.

I said all four were more than 100 miles from Inverness. Many thanks for doing the research to prove me correct.

And only by very small amounts ;)

And the post below this one I'm quoting also makes me for interesting reading...

Clacher, you should know better than to post on here. Actually, i'm giving you far too much credit.

You're referring to the fact Clacher should be posting about his beloved Clach?

Bid your max. A great read. "Dots" and co did a great job in producing LSM.

Hey, PRS I managed to succesfully bid for issue 17 of LSM (with Arthur Daley on the front cover) for 99p. A guy in Edinburgh was selling it and i did wonder if it was you...

I missed out on a few other issues and a programme from a game vs Fraserburgh from 1982. I get the feeling this could be a new hobby of mine.

Edited by RayBees