Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Back to Caley. All time best Caley XI. Here's mine in 4-3-3 : -

Goals - Billy Macdonald. Difficult choice as Caley usually had a good keeper in my time watching them. Billy just shades it from Ken McKenzie on length of service and consistency

FB - Roddie Davidson and Kevin Mann. No need to explain their selection. Both vg defensively and both good going forward and wading in with htier fair share of goals.

Central Defence - Allan Presslie and Mike Andrews. Both former captains and both committed defenders. Cool under pressure

Mid Field - Andy Penman, Martin Lisle and Freddie Nield. Mid field grafter, Lisle flanked by the two most creative players I saw in a Caley shirt

Forwards - Davie Johnston, Billy Urqhart and Ray Mackintosh. All great scorers, plus Johnston could play on the wing.

Guest clacher2
as opposed to you and the other five members of ICTs travelling support going to Glasgow for the day and thinking youre sophisticated

but we are sophisticated

I was just having a quick sneaky peek at the ICT fans forum and read a very interesting thread about ICT fans views on the differences pre and post merger. Some quite alarming views were aired by ICT fans. Here's a few quotes:

"Av gone on record before saying my feeling for ICT is a fraction of wat it was for Caley."

"Similarly with the earlier post, I don't think I feel the same sense of passion/emotion for ICT as I did for jags"

"Like previous posts it took me a number of years to accept ICT and while i do attend now i don't have the same emotion/passion for ICT that i had for Caley and probably never will"

"I can tell you now that, to this day, I personally know of more people boycotting ICT than I do new supporters picked up as ICT. And yes, I know more people go to ICT games than did Caley in HL, but i believe Caley alone would have attracted at least equivalent support if not more than ICT."

These are direct quotes from ICT fans on their own fans forum! They seem to have, at best, a grudging acceptance that the team they support even exists. And, what with them being rooted rock bottom of the league, here's hoping the downward spiral continues.

"These are direct quotes from ICT fans on their own fans forum! They seem to have, at best, a grudging acceptance that the team they support even exists. And, what with them being rooted rock bottom of the league, here's hoping the downward spiral continues"

Not really surprised by this at all. Lets face it, your club is for life. How many Meadowbank fans go to watch Livingston? Doubt if any do. We'll soon see the depth of feeling for ICT as they tumble down the leagues. Remember, in their first season, a home game against Albion Rovers attracted just over 400. The ex Caley/Jags fans who currently go to watch ICT have probably done so as the club continued upwards. As ICT spiral downwards, they are much less likely to watch ICT as they do not have a depth of feeling for them.

None of these people go to watch ICT to see ICT. They go to watch SPL football, Aberdeen, the **** and Celtic. Once the slide starts, we'll see whats what.

absolutely spot on

by the way,i dont understand why there was such a fuss about the rangers support during the first game of the season-surely they would have been drowned out(unless you were in the *** end) by theICT singing section :ph34r: what a fucking joke of a club

While I lived in Lossie and ICT were moving up the ranks, attendance at games was occasional when Lossie weren't playing and the only singing section we ever encountered were groups of twelve years olds singing Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! over and over. No one dares open their mouth at that place for fear of inhaling the waft of turds off the dump.

Guest clacher2
While I lived in Lossie and ICT were moving up the ranks, attendance at games was occasional when Lossie weren't playing and the only singing section we ever encountered were groups of twelve years olds singing Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! over and over. No one dares open their mouth at that place for fear of inhaling the waft of turds off the dump.

beyond making the highland league worse, i cant see why the merger and ict doing well makes you so bitter! infact im surprised you have an opinion at all

Guest clacher2
maybe he doesnt like plastic pretend teams fuckwit

pretend? the merger didnt happen then? :lol:

christie should never have been given the job in the first place, thankfully he has seen sense, bring on the neil warnock era

Edited by clacher2

pretend? the merger didnt happen then? :lol:

christie should never have been given the job in the first place, thankfully he has seen sense, bring on the neil warnock era

It would be difficult for anyone of a legal position to consider it a legitimate merger, given the club has made little effort, beyond tacking the word Thistle onto the clubs name, to incorporate anything from the Kingsmills end of the deal into the current set up, beyond houking up their ground and selling it off. In the early days, the club played at Telford Street in Caleys colours, with only the lavvy door painted red. Even today, the ground is called, unless I'm mistaken, the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, and no one refers to them as Inverness, Caledonian Thistle, or Thistle, only Caley. Sorry, 'The Caley', for Inverness readers.

This was no merger.

As for Colin W... :lol:

It would be difficult for anyone of a legal position to consider it a legitimate merger, given the club has made little effort, beyond tacking the word Thistle onto the clubs name, to incorporate anything from the Kingsmills end of the deal into the current set up, beyond houking up their ground and selling it off. In the early days, the club played at Telford Street in Caleys colours, with only the lavvy door painted red. Even today, the ground is called, unless I'm mistaken, the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, and no one refers to them as Inverness, Caledonian Thistle, or Thistle, only Caley. Sorry, 'The Caley', for Inverness readers.

This was no merger.

As for Colin W... :lol:

Took the words out my mouth

given the club has made little effort, beyond tacking the word Thistle onto the clubs name

I recall at the time of the discussions about the merger it was once proposed that the new club be called "Inverness Caledonian" - taking the "Caledonian" from Caledonian FC and "Inverness" from Inverness Thistle FC.

Strangely this proposal didn't find favour with those on the Thistle side of things. :lol: