Town Characters

I think the existence of this guy was an urban legend in itself.

My mum told me he used to be a headteacher, my mate's mum said he was a lawyer and another mate's mum said he used to be a detective in the police.

I expect he was just a jake.

Nah, my dad used to speak to him on the train to Glasgow years ago.

They both worked in Glasgow.

My dad as a photographer for the hospital and John as something to do with the BBC (if I recall what my dad said correctly).

Edit- But I know what you mean as there were loads of stories about him.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest XaaronPrimus
Who's Peter Dow?

He's a nutter "ultra patriot" cock.

Walks around town with a plastic sandwich board style thing on his back pack (with bells on) proclaiming him as Scotland's Standard Bearer or some such tripe. Has a major gripe with Aberdeen Uni over something.

Is a member of this site (sadly). Hunt down the thread about protesting the queens visit somewhere.

Stereo Mike - another head mental, this guy used to carry around a MASSIVE boom box around when he went on the bus. He used to play the "air keyboard" too. My brother stole his cap once, which I wore out and about until he told me. He is now dead.

Stereo Mike? Never heard him called that.

Apparently that guy was a convicted peddofile but I think this was lies.

I remember the guy Tam that used to sell rolls and sausages from a caravan outside the High School. He was a total soak, and one day this Harry Potter-looking chap asked him for some tomato sauce.

Tam just went "Listen tae me, four eyes, there's nah fucking sauce!". Bit harsh, likes. His van closed down after some questionable hygiene practoces. The guy had a massive red nose too, he was a total soak.

He was once in the Crown spraying the barmaid with a waterpistol, Neilly will testify this as he was there.

Watty Orr/Rawhide/Captain Jack whatever the f**k he's called.

Walks the circular route every day come rain, snow or shine. Looks like Frueddy Krugar with long grey hair. He will always wave to you if you peep at him when going by in the car.

Likes - Super Tennents.

Dislikes - Giving you a chase whilst blootered on Super Tennents.

Fudge witnessed him falling over a hedge and he also famously levitated above a wall to watch a Stenny pre-season friendly.

He is a part-time traffic warden and puts his body on the line by directing traffic near Loves' shop in all conditions. Despite having no authority

I've seen Shakey Head Man with a childs push chair over his shoulders, RiG has seen him in a dress, my mate has seen him with his feet sticking out one of the big dumpster style bins

I've seen him in his dress, too, normally walking down George Street.

Fudge witnessed him falling over a hedge and he also famously levitated above a wall to watch a Stenny pre-season friendly.

He is a part-time traffic warden and puts his body on the line by directing traffic near Loves' shop in all conditions. Despite having no authority

I remember that! He climbed on top of a big pile of dirt behind Ochilview and it looked as though he was floating in mid-air! He looks rough as f**k likes. Has anyone actually spoken to him?

Shakey Head Mannie - has a shakey head and wears womans clothes. Sometimes seen hitting sandwich boards with something, a walking stick, a spade or a rake. There were videos on YouTube.

Braveheart Man - as Calderson says, wears Tartan dress all day, every day. I see him on the way to work going past the Eagle May onto Park Road. He smells of Old Spice.

Tillydrone Ned - a ginger abomination of a ned who often walks around Tillydrone/Seaton area topless trying to look hard with his baseball cap worn backwards on his head. It doesn't work.

Peter Dow - crazed mental patient who shouts loudly at you and tries to hit you with his home made signs. Hangs around Aberdeen Uni and spits at students.

Woman with Glass Eye who sells big issue - screams for you to buy the Big Issue and is often seen raiding The Bakers Oven for all its hot pies.

I remember that! He climbed on top of a big pile of dirt behind Ochilview and it looked as though he was floating in mid-air! He looks rough as f**k likes. Has anyone actually spoken to him?

Nah but I've shouted 'There'ees' at him a coupla times to which he replies with a hearty arm-raise and a toothless grin.

I've spoke to Watty Orr a few times, it's kind of like the people Macauley Cualkin is scared of in Home Alone but he goes on to find out they are OK.

I always say alright to him when he walks past and he reples in the same manner but kind of bends his neck in a weird sign of acknowledgement.

Scary face, good guy!

I think the existence of this guy was an urban legend in itself.

My mum told me he used to be a headteacher, my mate's mum said he was a lawyer and another mate's mum said he used to be a detective in the police.

I expect he was just a jake.

I don't know if it is the same guy, but there was a well spoken jakey that used to go about a few years ago (pretty sure he is dead now). My dad claimed he was retired Army or Air Force officer and he used to actually have a decent pension that he picked up every week and jakied away.

Interesting.

Is the bloke with the scarf his dad?

:lol::lol:

Add to my first post about Dumfries (which I can't be arsed quoting) there is a guy that dresses up like Sherlock Holmes, with the deer stalker hat, tweed coat, cane and pipe - I kid you not

Add to my first post about Dumfries (which I can't be arsed quoting) there is a guy that dresses up like Sherlock Holmes, with the deer stalker hat, tweed coat, cane and pipe - I kid you not

Usually to be seen wearing a red rosette, certainly if there was an election any time in the previous six months or upcoming few.

I forget his name, lives somewhere around Balmoral Road / Brooms Road. He's an ex-Crichton patient who is now out in Care in the Community. I think he's pretty harmless.

Guest stennyhibee

There should really be some sort of website dedicated to these people. Somewhere you could post photos and recount stories about the weirdos and jaiks in your local area.

Guest XaaronPrimus
There should really be some sort of website dedicated to these people. Somewhere you could post photos and recount stories about the weirdos and jaiks in your local area.

Such as Aberdeen Tramps?

Archived