Alloa 7 Airdrie 0

Alloa 1 Partick 6

Alloa 0 Airdrie 6

Cowdenbeath 6 Alloa 1

Alloa 0 Inverness 6

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fortunate to have missed our humpings and my misfortune in missing us dishing it out.

I do recall a game at San Starko when we beat The Binos 5-4 and in recent times the 4-4 at Central Park with Mensing getting the equaliser in added time, also the 6-0 Queens Park game.

I'm fortunate to have missed our humpings and my misfortune in missing us dishing it out.

I do recall a game at San Starko when we beat The Binos 5-4 and in recent times the 4-4 at Central Park with Mensing getting the equaliser in added time, also the 6-0 Queens Park game.

Quite possibly the most dull 8 goal game ever. It only came to life at the end of each half!

Queens 0 Alloa 7

Queens 0 Stirling Albion 7

Queens 0 Livi 7

Ouch, ouch & ouch! http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.gif

These three are the joint record holders for me as well. At least since this thread was originally on the go I can add a game where I saw Queens score seven - against Clyde in 2009. I still think we might have been on for double figures that day if the weather hadn't turned in the second half.

Hearts 7 -1 Dunfermline , was odd cos Calderwood kept on adding forwards when Hearts scored. Never seen another match like it. Jim Jeffries left later and Peter Houston became caretaker manager. Hearts finished 5th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkTYyOVCucM

Various 5-something humping from the uglies. v celtic at home, league cup i think, the same night ryan giggs scored that goal v arsenal sticks out. Letting in 5 goals is horrible.

(Hibs 6-2 Hearts was bad, i wasn't there. was watching on tv with a hibbee, gruesome)

tbh i probably forgotten the horror results ive seen.

That's one hell of a bump.

Indeed, top work.

Quite possibly the most dull 8 goal game ever. It only came to life at the end of each half!

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so, for a game with eight goals it wasn't all that. (I also remember watching that UEFA Cup final that Liverpool won 5-4 and being largely uninterested. But then, watching football on telly is rarely any good.)

Anyway, highest I've seen us both score and concede is six. Still regret not going to the 7-0 over St Mirren, which I could have got to but didn't because of some family stuff. I don't regret missing the 7-1 at home to Ross County. Can't think of anything higher during the time I've been following.

Highest aggregate I've seen anywhere was a 9-1 win for Buckie Thistle over Fort William the other year. The Fort actually did pretty well to keep the score down, second half.

I was at both the 0-6 & 7-1 games against Berwick and saw us thump St Mirren 7-0 on the seasons opening day in 1992 too.

Biggest win I've seen was the 9-2 victory against Stenhousemuir (followed by 6-0 defeat at Meadowbank a week later) in 1985.

Biggest defeats I've seen were;

Rangers away (LC) 8-1 1981

Aberdeen away (LC) 9-0 1983

Biggest home defeat I can recall was Rangers 6-0 on a Tuesday night in 1997 this only 3 days after Motherwell thumped 5 past us at Fir Park on the Saturday.

To recap Most goals scored 9, biggest margin of victory 7 (twice).

Most goals conceded and biggest margin of defeat 9 (the same Aberdeen side that were the EUFA Cup, League and Scottish Cup Winners that season)

Was it the 99/00 season we beat Airdrie 8-0? Pretty sure around about this game that Airdrie were on the brink

Celtic 8-1 was the biggest humping I've seen. Will never forget Yogi's "Celtic were a joy to watch" comments after the game. He kids on he's a Hibs fan aswell

Archived