Most Goals You've Seen Your Team Score/concede In 1 Game

Can't believe people are putting down friendlies :lol:

I was at the 6-0 vs East Fife that MTJ mentioned as well.

To go back to my previous posts, any Pars fans on here of a vintage where they would have been at their 10-1 win over us on the last day of 1958/9, or could even ask their dads / grandads? To quote the Thistle official history

"Averaging a point a game, Thistle were sitting comfortably in mid-table, so there wasn't a great deal at stake for them, but for their opponents it was life or death. The Pars had to win by a huge score to avoid relegation, and led Thistle 7-0 at half-time, with the final score being an outrageous 10-1. This must rank as one of Thistle's most shameful performances in their entire history.

Apart from embarassing the travelling Thistle support, it was grossly unfair on the other relegation candidates. When the dust had settled, Falkirk were the team who took the dreaded drop into the second division"

Seems a bit "Castel di Sangro" to me :o

Excellent!

My dad was too young to be at that one, but it is a much talked about game. It really seemed to be a monumental miracle effort by the Athletic.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most I remember seeing was when we beat Hamilton 5-1 up here and I'm pretty sure that we beat Brechin 5-1 up their ground season before last aswell. I could have gone to the Dundee 7-2 game but I was too young to really care at the time. Although I was talking to a Dundee fan I used to work with and he put it brilliantly

"You know it's going to be a fucking bad night when Roddy Grant beats someone for pace"

Pretty sure I saw us taking a tonking or two from some pish when Connolly was in charge.

DAFC 5-0 Dundee

DAFC 1-8 Celtic

Did watch a match my uncle was playing in end up 21-4 though.

Dunfermline 6-1 Dundee in '88

Getting horsed by the currant buns 6-1 in the semi final of the league cup, our keeper Zoran Lemajic had his best game in a pars shirt. Seriously he did!

Other notables ive seen

Dunfermline 5-1 St Mirren (THE Kozma game)

Dunfermline 5-0 Dundee (The Leishman revival game)

Dunfermline 1-8 Celtic (The Leishman please go this is rank game)

Hearts 7-0 Dunfermline (We really shouldn't play a 2-3-5 away)

Dunfermline 6-0 Clydebank/Airdrie Utd (year 2000, stopped scoring before an hour played!)

Ah yes my favourite

Raith Rovers 2-5 (f i v e) Dunfermline

:lol:

Plenty of forgettable 0-5, 0-6 dumpings by the old firm inbetween... :ph34r:

Dunfermline 6-1 Dundee in '88

Getting horsed by the currant buns 6-1 in the semi final of the league cup, our keeper Zoran Lemajic had his best game in a pars shirt. Seriously he did!

Other notables ive seen

Dunfermline 5-1 St Mirren (THE Kozma game)

Dunfermline 5-0 Dundee (The Leishman revival game)

Dunfermline 1-8 Celtic (The Leishman please go this is rank game)

Dunfermline 6-0 Clydebank/Airdrie Utd (year 2000, stopped scoring before an hour played!)

Ah yes my favourite

Raith Rovers 2-5 (f i v e) Dunfermline

:lol:

Plenty of forgettable 0-5, 0-6 dumpings by the old firm inbetween... :ph34r:

Boooo, we managed to score one that day! :P

A 6-0 home humping by Kilmarnock in 1999 is one of the worst Pars displays I have EVER seen.

I can vaguely recall that Coca Cola Cup semi final, where Laudrup and Gascoigne combined to tear us apart in front of a whopping 16,000 fans at Celtic Park. I'm sure wee Allan Moore scored our goal.

Boooo, we managed to score one that day! :P

A 6-0 home humping by Kilmarnock in 1999 is one of the worst Pars displays I have EVER seen.

I can vaguely recall that Coca Cola Cup semi final, where Laudrup and Gascoigne combined to tear us apart in front of a whopping 16,000 fans at Celtic Park. I'm sure wee Allan Moore scored our goal.

Ah yes I forgot Jason Dair had got one for us. To be honest, I was too busy preparing my excuses for the predictable onslought from Jambo scum at work the next day to let it register.

The 6-0 Kilmarnock game was again a disgusting farce.

Guest Scofield

Was that the game Chris McGroarty was tackled by a paper bag?

Ah yes I forgot Jason Dair had got one for us. To be honest, I was too busy preparing my excuses for the predictable onslought from Jambo scum at work the next day to let it register.

Fortunately I wasn't at Tynecastle that day, but I remember getting angrier and angrier as each goal went in. Hearing the Pars fans chant "we want 2!" in retaliation to the Jambos "we want 10" cheered me up slightly.

The Killie game was Campbell's first after he was given the job permanently wasn't it? I'll never be able to understand how we could play as badly as we did that day. Didn't super Sally McCoist grab a hat-trick? :ph34r:

Beating Forfar 9-1 last season is probably a result that will never come up again in my lifetime.

Biggest defeat I've seen was against the Bankies at Cappielow in the early 90's - 1-7 with Eadie getting a hat-trick.

Guest Matty_True_Dee

6-0 win over East Fife in 96 was the only time I can recall seeing us score half a dozen.

Most conceded was 7-1 defeat to Rangers in arguably my worst experience as a Dundee fan. 6-1 down at HT. Now that is a humping.

I'll never forget Dair's goal even though I didn't see it.

I'd went for a pie at half-time and there was a massive queue which I got to the front of as he scored only to be told they'd ran out and did I want a Mars bar! :angry:

That was also my girlfriends first ever football match having grown up in the shadows of Tynecastle, remarkably she's had a Pars season ticket ever since! :D

When I was studying at Dundee Uni, I went to the midweek Montrose Challenge Cup game mentioned by SD where we won 7-4 - I think both Jimmy MaGuire and Andy Thomson got hat-tricks. I took about 4 or 5 mates and we all got chased down the street by a bunch of Montrose fans after that game!!!

The next Saturday I went to Brechin away and watched us get pumped 7-1 :o - Stuart Gordon with the only goal. Luckily my mates didn't come for that one.

Talk about a reversal of fortune

When I was studying at Dundee Uni, I went to the midweek Montrose Challenge Cup game mentioned by SD where we won 7-4 - I think both Jimmy MaGuire and Andy Thomson got hat-tricks. I took about 4 or 5 mates and we all got chased down the street by a bunch of Montrose fans after that game!!!

The next Saturday I went to Brechin away and watched us get pumped 7-1 :o - Stuart Gordon with the only goal. Luckily my mates didn't come for that one.

Talk about a reversal of fortune

Yes, that's right. I forgot about that one. That's another 7 goals I saw us lose in a game. Was it Gordon that scored? I thought it was Henry Templeton.

I think McGuire got 4 in that Challenge Cup tie. He got player of the round I'm sure. Jimmy Robertson definitely got one so that would leave Andy T with just 2. I remember I was away on a course in Edinburgh that week and it was before I owned a car. I didn't know anyone going from Edinburgh then so my only means of getting there was by train. However, the last train back to Edinburgh going through Montrose was at 9:45 and the train station was a ten minute jog from the ground (ok I was fitter then than now!). When the game went to extra time I knew I was going to have to leave before the end. I left at half time in extra time with us 6-4 up and spent the whole journey back wondering how we got on (in the days long before mobile phones). I didn't find out the final score until I got back to the halls where I was staying and the night porter told me.

Guest Demon Drawer

Sadly I witnessed the record club drubbing 7-1 against Hibs in our last season of our first spell in the SPL. Having said that I couldn't blame the keeper too much without McKenzie it could easily have been double figures.

Most i've seen is 5-0 vs Berwick Rangers in the CIS/Challenge cup, not sure.

Most iv seen is 6-1 vs Hibs in 2000 when they got to the final with McLeish in charge. Marko McLaughlin got our only goal of the game that day. Probs more interesting taking the piss outta some random cop who one chap informed him that he had a 'poofters tash'...promptly removed from the ground :lol:

Queens 0 Alloa 7

Queens 0 Stirling Albion 7

Queens 0 Livi 7

Ouch, ouch & ouch! :(

Those three share the record as far as me seeing Queens concede goals as well. Seen a fair few sixes and fives as well in my time. 6-2 Ross County and 5-0 Stranraer probably stand out as the most painful.

I think I have seen Queens score six three times as well. I've seen us beat Arbroath 6-0 (including Tommy Bryce's two minute hat-trick) and 6-1. Also saw the 6-5 game against Morton in our promotion season.

My uncle tells me he was at a game in his youth where we drew 6-6 with Falkirk.

New Years Day Derby 7-2. Chic Charnly sent off for fighting his own team mate and straight off to the pub.

Carlsberg dont do wet dreams but if they did...

PAHP!

Archived