Most Goals You've Seen Your Team Score/concede In 1 Game

We beat you 6-1 in January 1996. You had the guy pretending to be his brother in goal! :lol:

You sure? Could have sworn that Wylie played every game, bar the following three.

Scottish Division 1 Morton 2-0 Dumbarton 24-02-1996

Scottish Division 1 Dundee Utd 4-0 Morton 27-02-1996

Scottish Division 1 Dunfermline 4-1 Morton 02-03-1996

In which Andre Boe played.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You sure? Could have sworn that Wylie played every game, bar the following three.

I thought it was you guys that said he was in goal, and that played a part in the defeat? I don't remember if he was myself!

Guest IronChicken

I remember Dundee winning 6-0 at Dens on the Saturday then won 7-0 at Morton on the Wednesday so 13 goals in two premier league games. I'm sure that is still a record, from about the 1987 season. Wright and Coyne running riot. B)

Most I've seen us score: 9 - 1 v Forfar last season

Most I've seen us concede:

6 - 1 at Hamilton the year we blew the league

6 - 0 at home to Ayr the year we got relegated from the 1st division.

Sure there's been more times I've seen us concede 6, but thankfully I seem to have forgot those games.

9-1 against Berwick early 80's. A John Brown hat-trick, no penalties. :lol::lol:

6-3 against Dundee United league cup semi in the late 70's early 80's :(:(

Guest strathbrock

Watched Livi being gubbed 7-1 by Hibs in our last SPL season. But for some good goalkeeping from McKenzie it could have been more. By the end of the game we were all so shell-shocked we were heartily cheering the Hibs goals. :lol:

I saw Livi put 7 past QOS in a cup game at Palmerston. Marino Keith got a hat trick.

Watched Livi being gubbed 7-1 by Hibs in our last SPL season. But for some good goalkeeping from McKenzie it could have been more. By the end of the game we were all so shell-shocked we were heartily cheering the Hibs goals. :lol:

Wasnt at that game, but wasnt it 7-0 to Hibs :(

Most goals in a game must have been the 6-5 game against Morton on a wet windy winters night at palmerston a couple of year back

I can remember scoring 6 against Cowdenbeath in the mid 1980's.

Queens have lost 6 goals on several occasions over the years. There was the famous 6-2 match against Ross County in the cup when they were non league. Heart and Motherwell I am sure have taken 7 off us as have livinston and Stirling Albion. Who can ever forget the 8-3 cupp tie against Forfar in late 80's early 90 when it was featured on Sportscene.

Most goals in a game? I've seen 11 three times. The 8-3 defeat at Forfar and 6-5 win over Morton you mention plus a 7-4 B&Q Cup win over Montrose, albeit that one had extra time and I actually had to leave before the last goal to catch my train.

The most I've seen us concede was that EIGHT to Forfar. I can also recall several 7's by the likes of Alloa and Livingston amongst others.

I think the SEVEN mentioned above against Montrose is the most we've scored in my 22 seasons though I left before the 7th went in so I don't know if that should count? other than that I can't recall more than 6 on several occasions, the most recent I think being that 6-5 over Morton in 2002. We've only scored more than 4 in a game once since we were promoted which was the 5-3 win over St Mirren in the Challenge Cup semi final in 2002.

If we're including friendlies I've seen us score nine a couple of times. Once in the Annan Tournament against the hosts (9-4) and once at St Cuthberts a couple of years ago (9-0). In fact that first one was a 13 goal aggregate.

I don't think I've seen us lose any more in a friendly than in a real game. Can't recall seeing any major heavy friendly defeats. There was a hammering at Gretna in the late 80's / early 90's I think but I wasn't at the game.

Most scored

Clyde 6-0 Auchinleck Talbot (EK Thistle tourney last year)

Clyde 6-1 Falkirk (Wet night in the main stand at Brockville)

Missed the 7-0 v Stenny as I was in Oz at the time.

Most conceded

Morton 6-1 Clyde (David Wylie had a howler against his old club <_< )

Inverness CT 6-1 Clyde (Was the mascot that day :( )

edit- I also turned down the chance to see us play Cumbernauld United as I was informed we'd be standing (something that a 6 year old me found totally weird :lol: ) we duly pumped them 11-0 :lol:

This is correct. Scott McArthur got ripped apart in the United game by Robbie Winters and he was taken off after half an hour. This probably played more of a part in our defeat that Boe being in goals.

I thought it was funny that he used to shout "BOO" and scare the defenders when he came to claim the ball.

7-0 v Meadowbank - 77/78 (I was only a primary school kid back then, just, but felt 10' tall going to school the next day. I swear it was a midweek game)

7-0 v Stenhousemuir in 99/00

0-7 v Motherwell at Fir Park in the SC in 1990 (Davie Cooper counting out the goals on his fingers in response to the abuse he was getting). 1-7 off Hearts in the LC and 0-6 v PT in the SC weren't much fun either and both were in the first division with us at the time.

6-1 off ICT must be the heaviest league defeat we've had in many years? A couple of 5's in the late 70's and early 80's aside?

I think the highest scoring game I've seen was 6-4 v St.Johnstone at Shawfield. Late 70's, midweek, pouring rain. Classic Shawfield under the floodlights. :D

Guest Captain St. Sensible

I've seen Celtic put 7 past us 3 times.

I've seen Rangers put 7 past us once.

And of course..... I've also seen Raith Rovers put 7 past us. :lol:

I have seen us put 8 past Clydebank and 7 past East Stirling and have even seen us put 4 past both Rangers & Celtic. In away games, I've seen us put 6 past Morton, Kilmarnock & Raith Rovers (sweet revenge :lol:)

7-2 V Edinburgh City in the Scottish Cup is the most I've seen us score. Most I've seen us lose is the 8 to Celtic, closely followed by a 7-0 pumping at Hunville in 1997.

I've seen Celtic put 7 past us 3 times.

I've seen Rangers put 7 past us once.

And of course..... I've also seen Raith Rovers put 7 past us. :lol:

I have seen us put 8 past Clydebank and 7 past East Stirling and have even seen us put 4 past both Rangers & Celtic. In away games, I've seen us put 6 past Morton, Kilmarnock & Raith Rovers (sweet revenge :lol:)

I remember when we put 5 past St Mirren twice in 3 years. 5-1 at Love Street (Wright, Arkins, Curran (2), OG) and 5-1 at McDiarmid (Cherry, Preston, O'Boyle, OG (2)).

I also remember us scudding you 4-0 at McDiarmid (Sekerlioglu 2, Grant, Ferguson).

My very first football match was

Hamilton 9 Berwick Rangers 1 in August 1980.

Fourteen years later I saw us beat Brechin by the same score.

As for defeats, two stand out.

Hamilton 0 Celtic 8

from our second Premier "adventure and

Celtic 8 Hamilton 3 from our first. We were 8-1 down before a late rally and then Kevin McKee hit both posts and almost made it 8-4. I think it still holds the record for most goals in a Premier match.

Other big wins;

Accies 6 Dumbarton 1 1985/86

Accies 5 Morton 0 1985/86

Accies 6 Morton 1 2003/04

The Dundee Utd semi in 1979 was 6-2.

Archived