Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Guest bairnbabe

How on earth did the thread manage to get onto slagging people off. The most important issue on this thread is the fact that there is a 3 year old British girl in Portugal is missing after being abducted.

Get a grip folks.

How on earth did the thread manage to get onto slagging people off. The most important issue on this thread is the fact that there is a 3 year old British girl in Portugal is missing after being abducted.

Get a grip folks.

I think any chance of this thread being awash with messages of genuine concern was destroyed on page one. I think the most relevant issue on this thread now, is to what extent spectators have the right to wax lyrical on the actions of others.

Another one who thinks the the sun shines out of her arse :rolleyes:

hardly

I'd be interested to hear how many of you child care experts, actually have kids of your own?

I'd say the parents were certain, that having something to eat 50 yards away from where their children were sleeping, was perfectly safe.

I'm sure their feeling bad enoug, without some teenage know it alls judging them :angry:

I know you've posted again since this but i have to say that when you have kids you change things around them, like eating the evening meal at 4 or 5pm so you can all eat together. Holiday with the kids is a far different experience than going on your tod and i would never leave my kids on their own (50 yards is a long way) for a couple of hours so i could eat out and have a drink, so many things could happen, a fire, a fall a lot can happen in half an hour.

Right, i'm aware they dont exactly have a full vocabulary, but i'm pretty sure if i was two and someone broke into my hotel room i'd shite myself and make a fair bit of noise.

I'll wager they didn't even wake up , Ned Jnr's 4 and once he's asleep you can pretty much do anything around the house and he'll sleep right through it ...

he does , however , have some sort of 'Nookie Radar' that kicks in around the same time as Mrs Ned's wine does <_<

I have to say I find myself regularly checking news channels for updates to this story .

Makes you wonder dosent it! you cant even have a tv without a licence :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think this post alone makes you judgemental.You are happy to pass judgement on people but proably dont get out enough for people to judge you.When I first heard this story I felt there is something not right here,then I looked at it and empathised with the parents. Still its good to judge people in the wrong as they are in your eyes.Don't you think they know they have made a mistake?Without your ill informed pish.

Edited by seamus

The wee girl has been gone too long now for this to look like a happy ending is going to happen. Very sad :unsure::(

I can't get my head round the fact that these apparently intelligent parents left 3 kids that age in a room on their own when not in their own country. You can't trust anyone at home these days, so why abroad??

The wee girl has been gone too long now for this to look like a happy ending is going to happen. Very sad :unsure::(

I can't get my head round the fact that these apparently intelligent parents left 3 kids that age in a room on their own when not in their own country. You can't trust anyone at home these days, so why abroad??

I haven't read any of this thread but this post sums up how i feel about the whole affair.

I hope the wee lassie is returned unhurt but imagine what kind of psychological damage will have been done in the wee tots head.

It would only be a temporary return anyway once the social services got involved, it's abandonment for godsake.

Edited by Bowie_1888

Likelihood now is remote sadly :(

I was speaking about this last night last to somebody and she didn't believe they had left 2 kids aged 2 and one aged 3 alone. She thought the girl had just been snatched from them and was shocked (She is a mother of two young children herself)

Hopefully this will act as a painfull lesson for parents everywhere and the same thing dosent happen again!

Likelihood now is remote sadly :(

I was speaking about this last night last to somebody and she didn't believe they had left 2 kids aged 2 and one aged 3 alone. She thought the girl had just been snatched from them and was shocked (She is a mother of two young children herself)

Hopefully this will act as a painfull lesson for parents everywhere and the same thing dosent happen again!

And what happens when the next time, the abductor breaks in and takes the child when the parents are also sleeping? which could just as easily have happened in this case.

Unless you chain your kids to you, sadly you are never going to stop this happening.

And what happens when the next time, the abductor breaks in and takes the child when the parents are also sleeping? which could just as easily have happened in this case.

Unless you chain your kids to you, sadly you are never going to stop this happening.

No but no point giving people like that the chance to strike?

I'm sure the parents would hear something, Could you go into a room with three kids sleeping and take one away without making any noise? :unsure:

Guest xbasslichtie

I'm sure the parents would hear something, Could you go into a room with three kids sleeping and take one away without making any noise? :unsure:

Absolutely! Some people sleep like the dead! Apparently its possible for people to walk into my room, sit me up and drop me back on the bed, and slap me on the face, all without waking up!

Guest The Phoenix
Absolutely! Some people sleep like the dead! Apparently its possible for people to walk into my room, sit me up and drop me back on the bed, and slap me on the face, all without waking up!

I notice you left out abduct unless the perpitrator had a JCB in tow. ;)

You can't trust anyone at home these days, so why abroad??

Before I start I'd like to say that I'm not having a go at Footiechick because I think the sentiment expressed is held by many people.

But it really is sad that people believe you can't trust anyone.

Although I can't quote any figures I'm sure that I have read somewhere that the number of children being abducted by strangers hasn't really changed in decades (not suggesting that it isn't appalling when it happens). I'm also pretty sure that the vast majority of child abuse is done by a family member.

So why is everyone so reluctant to trust anyone?

I'm a light sleeper, even a mobile phone going off in another room wakes me up.

But the point is I doubt somebody would take the risk if two parents where in the place and even if they did that then three kids screaming would wake up at least one of the parents.

Edited by Steven

Not particularly - I'd rather you just showed a little more decorum.

You're a K*ll*e!

'Decorum' to you is not getting spat on after you get raped in your cell. :P

However, this thread has taken a rather sad turn. Too many posters fighting amongst themselves when there is a little girl in trouble. Try to keep calm folks, eh? Cheers.

I'm a light sleeper, even a mobile phone in another room wakes me up.

But the point is I doubt somebody would take the risk if two parents where in the place and even if they did that three kids screaming wouldnt wake up at least one of the parents.

Kids get abducted when they are playing in playgrounds. Someone tried to abduct my brother from outside our school, when all the other parents were there. It is incredibly naive to think that these people, fucked up as they are, wouldnt try and take a kid from their room if the parents are in the room next door. Remember everyone could be sleeping, all it takes is for someone to be quiet, go to the kid, cover their mouths so that they cant scream and get out.

It wouldn't happen in my house, since the wee man came along i've turned into the lightest sleeper in the world.

As someone higher up the thread said they should never have put themselves in the postion that they did and it is completely different going on hols with kids.

I was told by my mother-in-law that they turned down a babysitting service offered by the hotel too, now as i said my mother-in-law told me this, but if it's true(i have no reason to disbelieve her) then it really is abandonment like i said earlier

Before I start I'd like to say that I'm not having a go at Footiechick because I think the sentiment expressed is held by many people.

But it really is sad that people believe you can't trust anyone.

Although I can't quote any figures I'm sure that I have read somewhere that the number of children being abducted by strangers hasn't really changed in decades (not suggesting that it isn't appalling when it happens). I'm also pretty sure that the vast majority of child abuse is done by a family member.

So why is everyone so reluctant to trust anyone?

What I meant was why would you do something abroad that you don't do at home. At home you know the neighbourhood you live in, what the people are generally like etc etc.

I believe that these parents at home wouldn't go round to a neighbours house for a meal/drink and leave the kids in the house on their own, so why have they done it abroad? That is the point I cannot get my head around. :blink:

Kids get abducted when they are playing in playgrounds. Someone tried to abduct my brother from outside our school, when all the other parents were there. It is incredibly naive to think that these people, fucked up as they are, wouldnt try and take a kid from their room if the parents are in the room next door. Remember everyone could be sleeping, all it takes is for someone to be quiet, go to the kid, cover their mouths so that they cant scream and get out.

Maybe but the chances of somebody taking the risk while the parents are in the same place is much less remote than if the kids were left alone. It's like a green light for any would be Abductor to strike.

Leaving them alone is a open invitation to somebody to go and snatch them.