Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

A quote from one of their spokespeople today about their decisionnot to use the fund for their legal costs.

"Gerry and Kate's view is that if they take money from the fund it might be that 90% of people who made donations aren't bothered about it. But if 10% of people are bothered about it, they don't want to upset them. They want to take the controversy out of the situation."

I think the 90% and 10% are the wrong way round.

good it might wash some flotsum and jetsum onto the beach with vital evidence.

actually it's just flotsum thats intentially thrown into the sea ain't it...any languagologists in the area?

As far as I remember - flotsam is random stuff - jetsam is stuff that is chucked in - or jettisoned.

Donald Findlay is busy with the guy from Alva - you would need the Lisbon equivalent - Jose Beltramilho

I thought that was pointless too.

The only semi-reasonable excuse for it I heard was that the stories go she had a quick temper, and was prone to hitting the kid. Apparently her answer to this question during interrogation was unsatisfactory. Of course it is still unlikely she would bother mentioning this in the diary.

Beginning to sound like an Angela Lansbury story right enough.

It may subconciously show changes in her writing pre and after the kidnap.

Whether these changes are linked to the kidnap or something sinister would be debatable, but I'm sure a psychologist would at least be willing to have a go at finding out.

She could also have been rationing the truth about the families events before the disappearance.

Long shot, but its certainly worth looking into.

Again, this is all dependant on who they instruct.

If they go for a high profile lawyer as is suggested they might, then if they are financially ruined because of this, that is their own stupid fault.

An even approaching competent solicitor could poke holes in this case, from what we know so far. Getting Joe Beltrami would be smashing a nut with a sledgehammer.

Giovani de Stefano must be in with a shout? :huh::rolleyes:

A quote from one of their spokespeople today about their decisionnot to use the fund for their legal costs.

"Gerry and Kate's view is that if they take money from the fund it might be that 90% of people who made donations aren't bothered about it. But if 10% of people are bothered about it, they don't want to upset them. They want to take the controversy out of the situation."

I think the 90% and 10% are the wrong way round.

Assuming this was taken from the BBC, the same article also discusses the latest news that -

"McCanns consider own tests on car

The parents of Madeleine McCann are considering commissioning independent forensic tests on the hire car that they used in Portugal.

A friend of the family says the car is being kept in a "safe place" after it emerged that earlier police tests had uncovered DNA evidence."

Fairly ballsy move that. They have already shown they have no faith in the Portugeezars through openly slagging the sniffer dogs, and police, I suppose it was only a matter of time the forensics where going to feel their wrath.

Assuming this was taken from the BBC, the same article also discusses the latest news that -

The parents of Madeleine McCann are considering commissioning independent forensic tests on the hire car that they used in Portugal.

A friend of the family says the car is being kept in a "safe place" after it emerged that earlier police tests had uncovered DNA evidence."

Fairly ballsy move that. They have already shown they have no faith in the Portugeezars through openly slagging the sniffer dogs, and police, I suppose it was only a matter of time the forensics where going to feel their wrath.

Will Philomena be conducting the test personally?

Only then can the "correct" result be guaranteed.

Giovani de Stefano must be in with a shout? :huh::rolleyes:

I thought he was busy trying to secure the release of Ronnie Biggs, who is apparently on the brink of death, something which he seems to have been ever since he was put back in the clink six years ago?

Edited by qpsnapper

I thought he was busy trying to get Ronnie Biggs released who is apparently on the brink of death, which he seems to have been ever since he was put back in the clink six years ago.

He was supposed to be defending Saddam as well but I heard it fell through. :ph34r:

good it might wash some flotsum and jetsum onto the beach with vital evidence.

actually it's just flotsum thats intentially thrown into the sea ain't it...any languagologists in the area?

From Wikipedia

Traditionally, flotsam and jetsam are words that describe goods of potential value that have been thrown into the ocean. There is a technical difference between the two: jetsam has been voluntarily cast into the sea (jettisoned) by the crew of a ship, usually in order to lighten it in an emergency; while flotsam describes goods that are floating on the water without having been thrown in deliberately, often after a shipwreck. Traditionally spelled flotsom and jetsom, the "o" was replaced with "a" in the early twentieth century, and the former spellings have since been out of common usage.

Surely that wouldn't be admissable in court though ?

If they pay someone to do it it immediately calls into question the impartiality of any resulting checks.

Maybe big Phil's going to sit on the car & make the evidence disappear up her arse. :o

7 Background reports:

Portuguese police are reported to have spent considerable time investigating the McCanns' family background in a search for any evidence that they may have mistreated their children or have any hidden motive for wanting to harm them. Portuguese newspapers have reported something which the family have dismissed as an attempt to smear them.

Apparently the allegations in the Portugese papers say the McCanns and their friends were swingers and it may be the reason they sedated the kids to allow them some freedom for this.

It was also said that Maddie was conceived after IVF treatment and all the DNA testing that has gone on has shown that Gerry McCann was not her biological father.

Apparently the allegations in the Portugese papers say the McCanns and their friends were swingers and it may be the reason they sedated the kids to allow them some freedom for this.

It was also said that Maddie was conceived after IVF treatment and all the DNA testing that has gone on has shown that Gerry McCann was not her biological father.

:o:lol:

Why would none of that surprise me!