Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Been reading P&B have they?

Perhaps I have been 'whooshed' here, :( , but what do you mean?

Not really. The church will have likely given them a key so that they can go in and pray at any time. I doubt they will turn them away just because it isn't opening hours, especially going through what they are going through.

If she was dumped there, when it had been filled in about the time of Maddys dissapearance, how can her DNA being in the car be the fault of the Mccanns? :blink::blink: Obviously they have no real evidence either way if that is the case.

I suppose, given that they weren't suspects at the time. But, given that one of them is being treated as a suspect now, perhaps, in hindsight, it wouldn't have been the best thing to do...

I don't know enough about the time-scales or logisitics of the case to comment on the statement's accuracy, it just shows that the Portuguese Police are really trying hard to either find evidence, or indeed, as you say, they are struggling for evidence and are just trying to 'pull the wool over peoples' eyes'...

Guest Ron Burgundy

the bit that confuses me is that they can test 3 million dna strings for matches yet have to trust a cocker spaniel to solve the crime.

In my humble opinion the cocker spaniel is the landed aristocracy of the canine world, highly inbred and of little use other than pheasant hunts, just goes to show you eh.

Then again Columbo always acted a bit "touched" so perhaps it's an affectation the spaniel has worked on.

edited to add

I await a long line of cocker spaniel lovers lining up to abuse me, please form an orderly cue behind the feed the ullapool one popular front.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

the bit that confuses me is that they can test 3 million dna strings for matches yet have to trust a cocker spaniel to solve the crime.

In my humble opinion the cocker spaniel is the landed aristocracy of the canine world, highly inbred and of little use other than pheasant hunts, just goes to show you eh.

Then again Columbo always acted a bit "touched" so perhaps it's an affectation the spaniel has worked on.

Springers are even more "blonde" than cockers.

So do the matches set fire to the string?

Guest Ron Burgundy
So do the matches set fire to the string?

i've just finished fives and had a wee joint...I cannot be bothered fixing that.....check wikipedia....the bit about the cocker spaniel remains incontravertable.

edited to add

other than the damning fact that I have no idea if it was a cocker spaniel, but I don't like them so I thought i'd try and blacken their name. It could well have been a pekinese or a great dane.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Guest Raithsaltire
Forgive me if I am missing something here, or if it has bee said before - but how do the police/investigative persons know that the DNA found in the rental car belongs to Madeleine? I would imagine Madeleine's DNA isn't on record or anything?

You never watch CSI? A hairbrush, a piece of clothing, her toothbrush, a toy which she would cuddle/nuzzle (such as a rabbit teddy maybe....the plot thickens. Evidence in plain sight :blink: ). Also I think that children have 7 each of their parent's dooflers* in their dna and genetic make up.

*Dooflers is replacing the correct word which I cannot remember at the moment.

Also I think that children have 7 each of their parent's dooflers* in their dna and genetic make up.

*Dooflers is replacing the correct word which I cannot remember at the moment.

I can't even think what it is you mean by your description :blink:

Forgive me if I am missing something here, or if it has bee said before - but how do the police/investigative persons know that the DNA found in the rental car belongs to Madeleine? I would imagine Madeleine's DNA isn't on record or anything?

Mitochondrial DNA in a sample would allow you to identify the subject's mother. In Madeleine's case then you would need samples from the twins to confirm/eliminate them.

I just can't believe they had anything to do with it.

I mean do you really think the pope would associate himself with anybody that would harm kids?

Mebbe the McCanns were setting up a Hitler youth and were looking for some advice from an "unharmed" eye-witness. :rolleyes:

Mitochondrial DNA in a sample would allow you to identify the subject's mother. In Madeleine's case then you would need samples from the twins to confirm/eliminate them.

Hang on... she's a Jedi?! :o

Having read the sun this morning they seem to have changed the tone in which they have been reporting the case, it no longer reads as if they are all sweetness and light and its the stupid bumbling Portuguese police who are wrong. Maybe there is some really damming evidence.