Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Ok, since everyone else is having a go , here is my elaborate theory on the whole thing....

The wee girl was never missing , it was just a big hoax ala "The Wicker Man". The climax of the whole farce will be a large festival in which Sky News corospondant Martin Brunt will be set on fire and sacrificed in order to appease the sun Gods.

Sky will of course be providing exclusive interviews and footage on the whole thing.

Well thank you for that in-depth analysis of the case.

Now shut the f**k up again.

Quite a few people on here sussed out that the McCanns were the culprits but were shouted down with hoots of derision.

Hopefully the detractors will now have the good grace to apologise for their behaviour.

Guest Bhoys67
Well thank you for that in-depth analysis of the case.

Now shut the f**k up again.

the girls blood in the car rented by the parents.....................................GUILTY!!!

the girls blood in the car rented by the parents.....................................GUILTY!!!

You know f**k all.

Now f**k off like a good wee schoolgirl and fist yerslef in the wee corner claiming no-one underfuckingstands you.

Quite a few people on here sussed out that the McCanns were the culprits but were shouted down with hoots of derision.

Hopefully the detractors will now have the good grace to apologise for their behaviour.

The lynch mob mentality on show in this thread is truly dispiriting. I'd prefer to wait for the so-called "conclusive" evidence to be articulated in all it's incontrovertible detail, and for the last flickering flame of doubt to have been extinguished, before hanging, drawing and quartering the McCanns, who are clearly in the midst of an unimaginable trauma.

And to those who cite statistics to impute guilt: are you suggesting that the presumption of innocence, and the burden of proof, should be overriden by an abstract actuarial calculation? Perhaps lawyers can be replaced by computers (or, even worse, accountants)? We should, presumably, imprison all parents of murdered children, safe in the knowledge that only a minority will suffer wrongful imprisonment.

Yes, the McCanns made a terrible mistake, the consequences of which will haunt them for the rest of their lives, but why are we all so sure that the Portuguese police who, it seems, got it so badly wrong with the Murat bloke (though they've yet to revoke his arguido status) (and who have, from day one, displayed what can, at best, be described as an eccentric approach to evidential and procedural matters) have finally got it right?

Pardon me for raining on this ghoulish lynching party, but if the evidence against the McCanns was so compelling, why haven't they been charged already? Sorry, but this is just not a story that I can buy into without some pretty conclusive evidence: the one where the McCann's (or one of their fellow co-conspirators/swingers/child abusers/satanic society members or whatever other far-fetched nonsense might appeal to conspiracy theorists) cunningly slipped out of the constant media glare for an hour or two and moved Maddie's body to a more secure hiding place in a rental car several weeks after they'd originally dumped it (successfully enough that none of the searching throng, or the unimpeachably efficient Portuguese police, had found her) on the night that Kate (and/or Gerry) accidentally killed (or murdered) their daughter; the one where the McCann's immediately reacted to the unfortunate event by hatching, and almost perfectly executing, a plan to cover the death up and misdirect the suspicions of the authorities by launching a global media campaign predicated upon the lie that she'd been abducted.

I don't think for a minute that the Portuguese police have got any compelling evidence, and the suggestion that Maddie's blood was found in the rental car has now, it seems, been watered down to something along the lines of "minute traces of what might be her DNA was found in the rental car." This is something entirely different. Compelling it isn't. If the McCanns had moved Maddie's decomposing body several weeks after her death, rest assured that the rental car would have been positively infested with her DNA.

I think it's probably fair to say that some pretty influential people in Portugal don't want the McCanns, and their tales of child abduction, raining on their family-friendly tourist trade for much longer. I'm sure some of these people may well have the ear of one or two journalists, perhaps even editors and proprietors of rags both local and national. The Portuguese police seem to be reactive rather than pro-active. The whole Murat thing seemed to flow from the suspicions of the media. It was hardly unforseeable, then, that the police might suddenly take an interest in what the Portuguese press have been insinuating about the McCanns of late. I'm guessing that the abrupt about-turn in the investigation was based on more than just cold hard evidence, and that such evidence as there is has been filtered through the distorting prisms of prejudice, political expediency and pragmatism.

I remain to be convinced that the McCanns will be successfully (if at all) prosecuted in the Portuguese courts. Perhaps the main outcome of all this is that the McCann's media campaign is now dead in the water, their credibility is, seemingly fatally, undermined and they'll be back in Britain soon. The McCanns will fight to clear their name, but they will be forever tainted by the prejudice that will flow from this. The whole episode is tragic, but the denouement leaves a particularly bad taste.

Edited by John Doe

The lynch mob mentality on show in this thread is truly dispiriting. I'd prefer to wait for the so-called "conclusive" evidence to be articulated in all it's incontrovertible detail, and for the last flickering flame of doubt to have been extinguished, before hanging, drawing and quartering the McCanns, who are clearly in the midst of an unimaginable trauma.

Yes, they made a terrible mistake, the consequences of which will haunt them for the rest of their lives, but why are we all so sure that the Portuguese police who, it seems, got it so badly wrong with the Murat bloke (though they've yet to revoke his arguido status) (and who have, from day one, displayed what can, at best, be described as an eccentric approach to evidential and procedural matters) have finally got it right?

Pardon me for raining on this ghoulish lynching party, but if the evidence against the McCann's was so compelling, why haven't they been charged already? Sorry, but this is just not a story that I can buy into without some pretty conclusive evidence: the one where the McCann's (or one of their fellow co-conspirators/swingers/child abusers/satanic society members or whatever other far-fetched nonsense might appeal to conspiracy theorists) cunningly slipped out of the constant media glare for an hour or two and moved Maddie's body to a more secure hiding place in a rental car 5 weeks after they'd originally dumped it (successfully enough that none of the searching throng, or the unimpeachably efficient Portuguese police, had found her) on the night that Kate, or Gerry, accidentally killed her daughter; the one where the McCann's immediately reacted to the unfortunate event by hatching, and almost perfectly executing, a plan to cover the death up and misdirect the suspicions of the authorities by launching a global media campaign predicated upon the lie that she'd been abducted.

I don't think for a minute that the Portuguese police have got any compelling evidence, and the suggestion that Maddie's blood was found in the rental car has now, it seems, been watered down to something along the lines of "minute traces of what might be her DNA was found in the rental car." This is something entirely different. Compelling it isn't. If the McCanns had moved Maddie's decomposing body 5 weeks after her death, rest assured that the rental car would have been positively infested with her DNA.

I think it's probably fair to say that some pretty influential people in Portugal don't want the McCann's, and their tales of child abduction, raining on their family-friendly tourist trade for much longer. I'm sure some of these people may well have the ear of one or two journalists, perhaps even editors and proprietors of rags both local and national. The Portuguese police seem to be reactive rather than pro-active. The whole Murat thing seemed to flow from the suspicions of the media. It was hardly unforseeable, then, that the police might suddenly take an interest in what the Portuguese press have been insinuating about the McCanns of late. I'm guessing that the abrupt about-turn in the investigation was based on more than just cold hard evidence, and that such evidence as there is has been filtered through the distorting prisms of prejudice, political expediency and pragmatism.

i

And to those who cite statistics to impute guilt: are you suggesting that the presumption of innocence, and the burden of proof, should be overriden by an abstract actuarial calculation? Perhaps lawyers can be replaced by computers (or, even worse, accountants)? We should, presumably, imprison all parents of murdered children, safe in the knowledge that only a minority will suffer wrongful imprisonment.

Yes, the McCanns made a terrible mistake, the consequences of which will haunt them for the rest of their lives, but why are we all so sure that the Portuguese police who, it seems, got it so badly wrong with the Murat bloke (though they've yet to revoke his arguido status) (and who have, from day one, displayed what can, at best, be described as an eccentric approach to evidential and procedural matters) have finally got it right?

Pardon me for raining on this ghoulish lynching party, but if the evidence against the McCanns was so compelling, why haven't they been charged already? Sorry, but this is just not a story that I can buy into without some pretty conclusive evidence: the one where the McCann's (or one of their fellow co-conspirators/swingers/child abusers/satanic society members or whatever other far-fetched nonsense might appeal to conspiracy theorists) cunningly slipped out of the constant media glare for an hour or two and moved Maddie's body to a more secure hiding place in a rental car several weeks after they'd originally dumped it (successfully enough that none of the searching throng, or the unimpeachably efficient Portuguese police, had found her) on the night that Kate (and/or Gerry) accidentally killed (or murdered) their daughter; the one where the McCann's immediately reacted to the unfortunate event by hatching, and almost perfectly executing, a plan to cover the death up and misdirect the suspicions of the authorities by launching a global media campaign predicated upon the lie that she'd been abducted.

I don't think for a minute that the Portuguese police have got any compelling evidence, and the suggestion that Maddie's blood was found in the rental car has now, it seems, been watered down to something along the lines of "minute traces of what might be her DNA was found in the rental car." This is something entirely different. Compelling it isn't. If the McCanns had moved Maddie's decomposing body several weeks after her death, rest assured that the rental car would have been positively infested with her DNA.

I think it's probably fair to say that some pretty influential people in Portugal don't want the McCanns, and their tales of child abduction, raining on their family-friendly tourist trade for much longer. I'm sure some of these people may well have the ear of one or two journalists, perhaps even editors and proprietors of rags both local and national. The Portuguese police seem to be reactive rather than pro-active. The whole Murat thing seemed to flow from the suspicions of the media. It was hardly unforseeable, then, that the police might suddenly take an interest in what the Portuguese press have been insinuating about the McCanns of late. I'm guessing that the abrupt about-turn in the investigation was based on more than just cold hard evidence, and that such evidence as there is has been filtered through the distorting prisms of prejudice, political expediency and pragmatism.

I remain to be convinced that the McCanns will be successfully (if at all) prosecuted in the Portuguese courts. Perhaps the main outcome of all this is that the McCann's media campaign is now dead in the water, their credibility is, seemingly fatally, undermined and they'll be back in Britain soon. The McCanns will fight to clear their name, but they will be forever tainted by the prejudice that will flow from this. The whole episode is tragic, but the denouement leaves a particularly bad taste.

Wot he said!!!

Well said that man!!!

i kk

Guest The Phoenix

Read all about it! Read all about it!

Intrepid reporter Bhoys67 exclusively reveals that the McCanns have murdered and disposed of hundreds of children.

And to those who cite statistics to impute guilt: are you suggesting that the presumption of innocence, and the burden of proof, should be overriden by an abstract actuarial calculation?

No.

I've cited statistics quite a few times but it was not an attempt to suggest that this means the McCann's are guilty. It was to ridicoule the idea that the McCanns were above suspicion. On at least 2 occasions I have seen family members state that at no point had the McCanns been suspected of any wrong doing. Given the statistics I would like to think that in all cases like this, especially when there seems to be so many conflicting stories, that the police would treat everyone as a suspect no matter their relationship with the victim or with the press. I don't think that anyone has ever suggested that guilt can be determined by stats.

I agree that the evidence can't seem too compelling. If it was would they be allowed to leave the country? I've also heard on the Radio that they were still driving the same rental car yesterday, would that be allowed if the DNA evidence was so conclusive?

The whole case has been a shambles from the start.

The people that are assuming guilt just now are every bit as wrong to do so as the press was when it just seemed to assume innocence when all this started. I say that irrespective of whether they are guilty or not. Without evidence people are just guessing.