Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

As for people getting enjoyment out of it, it's something this country has been doing for many years. Building someone up then tearing them apart is a British institution :lol:

Yeah, I don't find it particularly funny, myself.

This thread and the one about Diana only reinforce the reasons why I rarely frequent this section of the board anymore.

If traces of her blood were found on a hire car they hired for the first time 25 days after she disappeared then it would seem obvious that they had Madeline's body after May 3rd, this making them guilty of shifting the body at the very least.

Am I being wooshed or are you actually being that stupid?

I haven't kept up to date with the press coverage on Madelaines disappearance due to how extensive it has been. I didn't realise the car was hired 25 days after she disappeared.

Some people just like to be right, Colin. I don't think it's a GIRUY reaction to people showing faith in Human nature, just people with a different opinion to theirs.

Nah, it's cos they're c**ts, plain and simple ;)

the police must have pretty strong evidence,no way would they try and get kate to admit she accidently killed her,without major evidence otherwise they would have to let them leave the country

ok i know most people slag the sun of,but if you buy it today and read the questions they asked kate,they wouldnt ask half of those if they didnt think she did it

It's not the idea they did it that's stupid, it's the assertion that they did with no evidence other than "they were acting a bit funny".

And it sums some people up that they're actually glad they might be right, with their GIRUY type reaction to the people who dared show a bit of faith in human nature. Some people here going on about humble pie as if it's a big game of child murder bingo.

To play devil's advocate for a minute (and remember that I'm not one of the ones doing the "turkey stomp" with glee at the moment :P) I don't think that everyone who balked at the idea of the parents being involved did so out of some optimistic view of the human condition.

Some did, sure, but motivations ran the gamut from tabloid-following Murat-blaming to, essentially, delusion.*

And I don't think it's in any way more faithful in human nature to put credence in the idea of a late-night hotel room child-snatcher, which is in many ways just as bad as what people are now claiming has happened.

*not that I'm saying the parent(s) did it. Just saying that a lot of people won't even have entertained the notion despite the statistical facts of the matter.

I haven't kept up to date with the press coverage on Madelaines disappearance due to how extensive it has been. I didn't realise the car was hired 25 days after she disappeared.

Perhaps it's best not to try and make a fool of someone elses' contribution then when it is you who wasn't up to speed with the facts.

To play devil's advocate for a minute (and remember that I'm not one of the ones doing the "turkey stomp" with glee at the moment :P) I don't think that everyone who balked at the idea of the parents being involved did so out of some optimistic view of the human condition.

Some did, sure, but motivations ran the gamut from tabloid-following Murat-blaming to, essentially, delusion.*

And I don't think it's in any way more faithful in human nature to put credence in the idea of a late-night hotel room child-snatcher, which is in many ways just as bad as what people are now claiming has happened.

*not that I'm saying the parent(s) did it. Just saying that a lot of people won't even have entertained the notion despite the statistical facts of the matter.

Well, we all know that yer average child-snatcher is a sub-human monster ;)

I do agree that many people seemed to assume that the parent(s) couldn't do "that" (without it still remaining unknown what exactly "that" was!) did so on no more than the notion of "I'd never hurt my kids". That may be naive of them, but in many ways it's admirable and while I'm as cynical as anyone there was never any tangible reason to assume they were involved. You can't solve a crime with statistics, which is what some people seemed to be trying to do.

I find the media coverage over the whole course of events to be quite surreal, to be honest. The general idea that "there's more here than meets the idea" is pretty much a given, given the lack of evidence or tangible explanation throughout. While I believe that at times the media coverage was excessive (mind you, that was mostly carefully orchestrated), I think the media continues to successfully avoid pointless speculation. It's not their place to speculate that the McCanns may have been involved (and indeed the Portugese paper that suggested they did is being hit with a libel action), it's their place to report on what is happening and to deal with facts.

Given the lack of evidence then I think it was also wrong of the press just to believe what the parents were saying.

For example, the parents kept on saying that at no point did the Portuguese Police suspect them. A brief look at the stats concerning previous cases of child murder suggests that parents should be high up the list of suspects, so that is either absolute bullshit or that the police where really incompetent.

I'm not saying they did it, just saying that the way the press championed the parents case without evidence or tangible explanation was shocking.

the 22 questions asked by police,thats published in the papers is good reading,like

why did kate wash maddies teddy the night she went missing?

why didnt she phone police s*****ht away,saying she had,then donig it 40 mnis later

why did they hire the car the day before gonig to rome,if they knew they wouldnt use it for 3-4 days,ands why hire a car when they had managed all the holiday before without one?

a sniffer dog smelt death on kates jersey+trousers and maddies teddy

"seemingly" maddie was heard most nights that week she went missing crying for her parents,pointing to them leaving her alone most nights,and the nighbt she went missng a barman saw them 5 miles away in laos

the group they had dinner with "seemingly" drank 14 bottles of wine between them

kate came out of maddies room after discovering she was missing,saying"someone has snatched maddie" how would she have know she had been snatched and not just wandered off?

tehy had been know to give there kids mild sedatvies,did they give maddie to much?

What troubles me, is that the sniffer dogs apparently detected a corpse from Kate McCann's clothes, and from the teddy of Maddy's. Her excuse was that she was in contact with 6 dead bodies prior to coming on holiday, now pardon me, but she is a GP, it is not realistic for a GP to be in contact with one dead body, which you could say is a possibility, but 6? For their to have detected something there would have had to be transfer, was she cuddling these dead bodies?

Why did she wash the bear? If my daughter went missing, the last thing i would do is wash my hair. She also despite grieving, seems to have time to keep her highlights in her hair up to date and never steps out looking anything other than stunning.

At the same time, i really dont see how they could have hidden a body and moved it after such a long time, to me that one makes no sense, the whole thing is a shambles, I just cant picture her as a killer, Gerry looks like a controlling p***k, I think the police are basically trying to break Kate, who you never know, may well have suffered years of abuse from Gerry and is brainwashed into doing whatever he says.

Its a pure scooby doo mystery thats for sure.

This line on its own shows just how far fetched this whole farce has become.

Would anyone care to speculate how the f**k they would have been able to shift a dead body around Portugal with the worlds media following their every step ?

I can't believe anyone seriously thinks that this is what happened - it's fucking ridculous !

The ONLY conclusion that can be reasonably reached from this farce of an investigation is that more than 100 days later we can draw the absolute conclusion that the Portuguese police couldn't find their own arse without help. If it wasn't so serious it would be comical. The Keystone Cops couldn't come up with a less competent investigation.

I said yesterday that if in the hour after the crime they'd sent me and two lads from the office out there to investigate it we'd be no worse off in investigation terms than we are now.

I don't believe for a second that either parent was directly involved in the disappearance of Maddie but even in the unlikely event that they were these clowns wouldn't have a clue.

See that's the problem with statistics. You can have all the statistics you like but if it's physically impossible for the parents to have murdered her then they're irrelevant no matter how often they're quoted. Statistically we are pretty likely to beat Celtic every time we play them but it doesn't mean if we meet next week the bookies will be offering evens on it!

Now I don't pretend to have all the facts in this case and the Keystone Cops (Portuguese Branch) appear to believe they are under suspicion of something, but as Div suggested earlier it is clear that if they did have an involvement then a lot of other people have covered it up with them and I find it hard to believe such degree of collusion would not quickly unravel.

Given the lack of evidence then I think it was also wrong of the press just to believe what the parents were saying.

For example, the parents kept on saying that at no point did the Portuguese Police suspect them. A brief look at the stats concerning previous cases of child murder suggests that parents should be high up the list of suspects, so that is either absolute bullshit or that the police where really incompetent.

I'm not saying they did it, just saying that the way the press championed the parents case without evidence or tangible explanation was shocking.

The point is, the statistics can't play a part in solving the crime. I would imagine that to formally be considered a suspect the police would need evidence and as such it is only now that they (believe they) have some that they can pursue a certain line.

I think it's clear that the reason the press championed their case (or "cause", dunno if you meant that or not) is that regardless of who is guilty of whatever, their focus has always been on publicising the effort to find their daughter. It's arguable how effective or worthwhile some of those efforts have been (appearing at the Edinburgh festival for example seems a little detached from the case, to say the least) but in the absence of any other evidence, it's a fairly sensible and worthwhile angle to take!

The ONLY conclusion that can be reasonably reached from this farce of an investigation is that more than 100 days later we can draw the absolute conclusion that the Portuguese police couldn't find their own arse without help. If it wasn't so serious it would be comical. The Keystone Cops couldn't come up with a less competent investigation.

I said yesterday that if in the hour after the crime they'd sent me and two lads from the office out there to investigate it we'd be no worse off in investigation terms than we are now.

I don't believe for a second that either parent was directly involved in the disappearance of Maddie but even in the unlikely event that they were these clowns wouldn't have a clue.

Good post.

To me, the fact that the McCanns are now being interviewed again and treated as suspects suggests that the police in Portugal have no idea what happened to Madelaine and are no further forward now than they were when the case first opened.

Well, we all know that yer average child-snatcher is a sub-human monster ;)

I do agree that many people seemed to assume that the parent(s) couldn't do "that" (without it still remaining unknown what exactly "that" was!) did so on no more than the notion of "I'd never hurt my kids". That may be naive of them, but in many ways it's admirable and while I'm as cynical as anyone there was never any tangible reason to assume they were involved. You can't solve a crime with statistics, which is what some people seemed to be trying to do.

Fair enough, can't argue with that.

See that's the problem with statistics. You can have all the statistics you like but if it's physically impossible for the parents to have murdered her then they're irrelevant no matter how often they're quoted. Statistically we are pretty likely to beat Celtic every time we play them but it doesn't mean if we meet next week the bookies will be offering evens on it!

Now I don't pretend to have all the facts in this case and the Keystone Cops (Portuguese Branch) appear to believe they are under suspicion of something, but as Div suggested earlier it is clear that if they did have an involvement then a lot of other people have covered it up with them and I find it hard to believe such degree of collusion would not quickly unravel.

Statistically Queens are really, really unlikely to beat Celtic...

I don't doubt that what you're saying is correct but remember there was something of a vow of silence between the friends of the couple.

I'm not saying they were guilty, just saying I'm keeping an open mind.