Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Guest Captain Saintsible
One thing I hope for though is that whatever the outcome is that parents everywhere realise that they have to keep an eye on their kids and that they shouldn't let their guard down. The McCanns IMO are guilty of gross negligence at the very least.

If they were sedating their kids so that they could go out for dinner then that goes far beyond negligence I'd say..............

That'd be an awesome movie. Although it'd be better if they turned Kate and Gerry into stone dead killers who just flat out murdered Madeline.

That'd make up the first half hour.

The next hour could be the McCann's doing their best to cover their tracks. Under the suspicious eyes of the twins. They could also have that suspect who was a family friend as someone who you aren't sure about untill the final twist.

Box office. SMELL THE BUCKS !!!

That'd be an awesome movie.

On the plus side as well, potential jail term allowing, Kate is foxy enough to play her own character.

If she is otherwise engaged, Jenny Agutter can step in.

Guest Captain Saintsible

Why on earth did they have this high profile campaign to find her if they did it?

Surely they would have been better keeping a low profile and getting out of the country as soon as possible. The Portugese Police obviously bungled the initial investigation and contaminated everything and would probably have just left it at that had they gone home.

But the subsequent campaign and media interest meant that they have had to put huge resources into it and then brought in the British forensic team - which could be well what uncovers what happened.

Now I wonder............. whatever happened to Ben Needham?...................

Why on earth did they have this high profile campaign to find her if they did it?

The double bluff - a classic crime novel tactic! Columbo would have seen through it in an instant.

Brookmyre will be along shortly to explain it to you.

Was it Goebbels(sp?) who said, "If you're going to tell a lie, make it a big lie"?

It will be interesting to see what happens next, theres been a whole lot of vitriol on this forum aimed at those who suspected parental involvement...

Guest Captain Saintsible
To make it seem less likely it was them

I know, I know. But I would have thought they would have been better keeping a low profile and getting out the country. The Police were obviously getting nowhere until they brought in the forensic teams and sniffer dogs and would probably have done no more in the investigation. It seems to have backfired on them IMO.

I still don't like the look of Robert Murat by the way. Surely they could plant some evidence on him.

Guest Captain Saintsible
I always thought it was a slow news week, and they got taken along on the crest of media interest, and all of a sudden they are in too deep.

Yeh, but visiting the Pope, going to Edinburgh fring festivals, et, etc, that was just ripping the arse out of it!