Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I noticed the lawyer they are using to sue the Portuguese papers is doing it for free. the money isn't coming out of the campaign fund.

Anyone know what is happening to the campaign fund, now that they have sensibly decided to return home and try and get on with their lives?

If one or both of them were found guilty would there be a refund for the people that donated?

Although, as people have highlighted I don't think it was them. Not enough time to fully dispose of the body and evidence.

Although, as people have highlighted I don't think it was them. Not enough time to fully dispose of the body and evidence.

I'd have thought if it had been either them, or someone from their circle, the stories would have unravelled before now. Who knows though.

I am sure one element of the campaign fund was relating to missing children worldwide, so presumably the money will be channeled immediately to a body responsible for investigating such things.

If they did do it they did a fantastic job of disposing of the body and any evidence in such a short space of time to the point where three months later two police forces have found absolutely bugger all.

Maybe they eat her.

I may be very naieve but I really can't see the parents murdering their little girl here.

What on earth would the motive have been ? It does not stack up.

Only explanation I suppose would be that they accidentally overdosed the kid, I think there is some insinuation that she was being sedated to stop her waking up. If they OD'd her did they then panic and decide to concoct this whole story ? If so then how on earth have they managed to keep themselves composed for the last 3 months.

Just doesn't sound feasible to me.

I don't think the parents had anything at all to do with this.

I may be very naieve but I really can't see the parents murdering their little girl here.

Only explanation I suppose would be that they accidentally overdosed the kid, I think there is some insinuation that she was being sedated to stop her waking up. If they OD'd her did they then panic and decide to concoct this whole story ? If so then how on earth have they managed to keep themselves composed for the last 3 months.

Just doesn't sound feasible to me.

I don't think the parents had anything at all to do with this.

I dont either, i dont think she is an actual suspect, its something to do with portugese law, and its beneficial to her to be classed as a suspect.

I dont either, i dont think she is an actual suspect, its something to do with portugese law, and its beneficial to her to be classed as a suspect.

You've got to admit, though, it would be great if it turned out to have been the parents that did it.

Obviously, by 'great' I mean 'shocking', 'tragic' and 'heart-breaking'.

Guest Captain Saintsible

I would prefer it if the parents did kill her. The tought of a stranger breaking into your hotel apartment and taking your child is frightening beyond belief. The then thought of wondering where he/she is and what is happening / has happened is just terrible.

At least if the parents have done it then those thoughts will leave me.

I think there is a particular line of questioning that they can only ask a suspect.

Hence making her a suspect.

I still can't see it being the parents.

Who knows, and I agree that it is still very unlikely. It was always a significantly more likely scenario than the abduction theory.

I've been baffled by the shock and horror when the above has been pointed out. People do nasty things every day.

The only reason I could think of, and it is one you hear about a lot in cases of child abuse, maybe they were trying to get her to be quiet and went too far and things got out of hand?

I would prefer it if the parents did kill her. The tought of a stranger breaking into your hotel apartment and taking your child is frightening beyond belief. The then thought of wondering where he/she is and what is happening / has happened is just terrible.

At least if the parents have done it then those thoughts will leave me.

And the thought that two fairly respectable people (on the surface at least anyway) could do something like that leaves you able to sleep at night? :unsure:

And the thought that two fairly respectable people (on the surface at least anyway) could do something like that leaves you able to sleep at night? :unsure:

Given that they aren't the parents of his children, then yes!

Who knows, and I agree that it is still very unlikely. It was always a significantly more likely scenario than the abduction theory.

I've been baffled by the shock and horror when the above has been pointed out. People do nasty things every day.

I haven't objected to the suggestion that they did kill their own daughter. What I objected to was the insistance that it was them.

Nothing has been proved one way or the other, some folk have the McCanns banged up.

Nothing has been proved one way or the other, some folk have the McCanns banged up.

Just as some folk had them completely innocent, with no basis for this at all, and bridled when the very suggestion they could be involved was mentioned.