Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

2 minutes ago, Torpar said:

It's not the same thing though

I bow to your knowledge of the Portuguese legal system and shall ignore the fact it is a calling card of the morons who accuse the McCanns with no hard evidence and a passionate unwillingness to look facts in the face.

will be sick as a pig if this German guy gets nailed for the murder and it's case closed

this thread has been a glorious slow-burner over the years - invariably a high-point to log on and see it at the top of the page every other couple of months or so

seems a bit mean to deny us all such gentle, harmless fun, just so the parents of a murdered child can find some sort of closure after all this time - bah !

7 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

will be sick as a pig if this German guy gets nailed for the murder and it's case closed

Not half as sick as the detectives who'll miss out on their annual golfing weekend.

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Not half as sick as the detectives who'll miss out on their annual golfing weekend.

i imagine there are heated discussions right now on the Operation Grange whatsapp group as to how they can throw 'the bloody germans' off the scent and  keep the gravy train on track...

15 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

i imagine there are heated discussions right now on the Operation Grange whatsapp group as to how they can throw 'the bloody germans' off the scent and  keep the gravy train on track...

They need to find a lost photo that shows a yeti lurking by the tapas bar that night. 10 more years, guaranteed. 

Today's top news story is that someone in a position of authority has mentioned that a young child missing for 13 years is probably dead.

Pretty sure there's been times I've been an hour late home from work and the wife's said, "he's probably dead".

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Today's top news story is that someone in a position of authority has mentioned that a young child missing for 13 years is probably dead.

Pretty sure there's been times I've been an hour late home from work and the wife's said, "whoopee, he's probably dead".

FTFY

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

this thread has been a glorious slow-burner over the years - invariably a high-point to log on and see it at the top of the page every other couple of months or so

seems a bit mean to deny us all such gentle, harmless fun, just so the parents of a murdered child can find some sort of closure after all this time - bah !

Every time I seen this topic flash up a part of me was hoping I'd click on it and it would say she's turned up.

13 years I've been committed to this story. Definitely the ending nobody wanted.

5 hours ago, marty_j said:

Maybe he’ll go all Kate McCann 

I doubt it - he's in jail; he can hardly go for a meal 500 yards away and leave his cellmate unattended.

5 hours ago, marty_j said:

and refuse to answer any questions

Ah, right, I see what you mean

4 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

There's some guy he phoned shortly afterwards, that could keep the golf going for a couple of years if they can get a word to the German to keep shtum or else.

Cadaver dogs are incredibly accurate, know the difference between human and animal remains, and can sense a cadaver long after it has been moved. The McCanns paid some very expensive lawyers to dig up an old American case where the judge had thrown out cadaver dog evidence to use that to discredit all fido-based findings. 

This cadaver stuff has been debunked extensively!

It wasn't some rare instance of a false positive back in the day etc that the McCann's were using to muddy the water. There's an extensive history of false negatives and positives, even with the exact same dogs in other cases!

The procedure used was also hammered by the agency that provides oversight on this type of evidence collection in the UK, the dogs were repeatedly flagged back to the same spots of interest multiple times after no initial response to anything.

It's just really bad science. You simply can't pin anything to it unless it is accompanied with forensics.