Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

1 minute ago, Disabled Colin said:

Wasn't present when you attacked me and my community personally.  

to make a cheap, snide joke.    

But since you've sent me a lovely PM I'll not be using this report function.   This and the fact you normally have a marvellous sense of humour!   It really is good humour.  

Thank you. Let's put this behind us and get the thread back on track by providing theories to the hard working team out there in Portugal.

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Strange how every year when the money runs out, the police identity a new “suspect” that requires more funding to investigate.

They're probably still working on the Princes in the Tower case 

I believe a suspect was found in Leicester a few years ago...

56 minutes ago, Disabled Colin said:

Wasn't present when you attacked me and my community personally.  

to make a cheap, snide joke.    

But since you've sent me a lovely PM I'll not be using this report function.   This and the fact you normally have a marvellous sense of humour!   It really is good humour.  

I must have been wooshed here

Amaral predicted over a year ago that this latest suspect would be next. Hopefully he goes to trial, and his lawyer brings up evidence that someone else may have done it.

Personally, I'm glad I've moved on. Sometimes bad people escape punishment and that's the way it goes.

https://twitter.com/saunokonoko/status/1268284724939644928?s=20https://twitter.com/saunokonoko/status/1268284724939644928?s=20

Edited by Alternative Title

Very strange this story broke 12 months ago on sky
Wonder why coming out now?
Have they ever explained evidence pointing at parents including dogs sniffing out smell of death in apartment on Kate’s clothes, in hire car and on maddies toy cat (which Kate had washed)

8 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Very strange this story broke 12 months ago on sky
Wonder why coming out now?
Have they ever explained evidence pointing at parents including dogs sniffing out smell of death in apartment on Kate’s clothes, in hire car and on maddies toy cat (which Kate had washed)

Nope. Those, and a million and one other things the McCanns and their PR machine have been caught lying about.

1 hour ago, marty_j said:

Yes

It was explained that Kate's clothes would have smells that would trigger a cadaver dog due to her work
The cadaver dog was triggered by the hire car but, upon further testing, it appears the dog was triggered, specifically, by a keyring. Once the keyring was placed away from the car the cadaver dog repeatedly ignored the car and went toward the keyring. If the McCanns did kill their kid and/or dispose of the body they certainly never done it in the hire car. As they keyring was on the set of keys used by the car hire firm before the McCann's use of it it and the lack of interest from both cadaver and blood scent dogs for any part of the car apart from the keyring itself it's almost certainly got nothing to do with the kid going missing.
I'm not aware of any explanation relating the the toy cat but, by that point, the question would be "Can you explain why a cadaver dog, but not a blood hound, would be interested in a single child's toy but absolutely no other item of clothing, furniture or area associated with the missing child?"

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

I've always thought the most likely explanation is that Maddie got out of the flat looking for her mummy and daddy and was thrown in the back of a van by an opportunist paedo, which likely fits this German. Police use dogs to help them narrow down areas for further investigation, on its own it doesn't count as evidence as it's too subject to the dog handler's signalling and the dog's eagerness to please.

Yes 

It was explained that Kate's clothes would have smells that would trigger a cadaver dog due to her work

The cadaver dog was triggered by the hire car but, upon further testing, it appears the hire dog was triggered, specifically, by a keyring. Once the keyring was placed away from the car the cadaver dog repeatedly ignored the car and went toward the keyring. If the McCanns did kill their kid and/or dispose of the body they certainly never done it in the hire car. As they keyring was on the set of keys used by the car hire firm before the McCann's use of it it and the lack of interest from both cadaver and blood scent dogs for any part of the car apart from the keyring itself it's almost certainly got nothing to do with the kid going missing.

I'm not aware of any explanation relating the the toy cat but, by that point, the question would be "Can you explain why a cadaver dog, but not a blood hound, would be interested in a single child's toy but absolutely no other item of clothing, furniture or area associated with the missing child?"

Did they not alert behind sofa and in a cupboard too where Gerry kept tennis bag (missing)

Also were there not DNA markers found in hire car that were almost a match to Madeline? Think I read somewhere that the match wasn’t good enough to prosecute in Portugal as “inconclusive “but had it been in Britain it would have been good enough to be a match?

Was there not talk of retesting the sample?

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yes

The cadaver dog was triggered by the hire car but, upon further testing, it appears the hire dog was triggered, specifically, by a keyring. Once the keyring was placed away from the car the cadaver dog repeatedly ignored the car and went toward the keyring. If the McCanns did kill their kid and/or dispose of the body they certainly never done it in the hire car. As they keyring was on the set of keys used by the car hire firm before the McCann's use of it it and the lack of interest from both cadaver and blood scent dogs for any part of the car apart from the keyring itself it's almost certainly got nothing to do with the kid going missing.

Where do you hire these dogs from? I've got a few hours to kill tomorrow and I'd like to take one a walk. 

7 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Did they not alert behind sofa and in a cupboard too where Gerry kept tennis bag (missing)

Also were there not DNA markers found in hire car that were almost a match to Madeline? Think I read somewhere that the match wasn’t good enough to prosecute in Portugal as “inconclusive “but had it been in Britain it would have been good enough to be a match?

Was there not talk of retesting the sample?

If I am remembering correctly one dog was a cadaver dog and one was a blood hound. One alerted to the sofa and one alerted to the cupboard but can't mind which was which. Both could easily still pick up scents from before the McCann's arrived in that room and the fact they both went toward different parts of the room is an indication that she probably wasn't murdered there.

And DNA markers were, and remain, a bit useless with close family ties. As well as the possibility of inconclusive results due to shared DNA there's always the possibility of DNA trace from one family member remaining on the clothes, belongings, etc. of another family member and being spread.

No idea if there was talk of retesting the sample.

I'm not gonna say that Gerry and Kate are certainly innocent of the murder of their child or disposal of the body. I don't think they are, FWIW, but the evidence that people cling to who think they did do it is flimsy at best and, quite often, an exaggerated retelling of the facts.

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Where do you hire these dogs from? I've got a few hours to kill tomorrow and I'd like to take one a walk. 

Welcome to borrow mine. No cost to you. He'd likely protect you too if anyone attacks you. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Welcome to borrow mine. No cost to you. He'd likely protect you too if anyone attacks you. 

Very kind of you. Boozers are open again from this weekend so if you can fire him over in a Jiffy Bag and I'll return him once I'm done. Thank you. 

Probably pasted this link a few times but in terms of evidence, this was from 6 months or so after the disappearance and involved a bunch of UK police who had worked on child murders etc looking at all the evidence. I know folk can watch the Netflix show now and think there's no way the parents were involved but that's also after many years of hazy memories, changed stories and people being paid to shape the story. I don't think this bunch would have been looking much further than the parents:

Edited by Shandon Par

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Very kind of you. Boozers are open again from this weekend so if you can fire him over in a Jiffy Bag and I'll return him once I'm done. Thank you. 

Oh he'd love that. Poor boy hasn't had anything stronger than a Becks Blue for nearly two years. 

9 minutes ago, marty_j said:

If they picked up death scent in flat that means someone died in there before McCanns?

No. There are numerous scenarios that would account for the scent of death in that flat.

Kate McCann's job meant she had been around corpses so that scent could be attached to any item of clothing she happened to be wearing when near a dead body
The dogs came in AFTER the Portuguese police and (I believe?) the Met had been at the flat. If any of those coppers had attended a crime scene with a dead body they, too, could have transferred that smell into the apartment.
It could have been the scent of a dead animal. If the apartment had been empty, over the winter for example, even a rat crawling under the floor boards and dying might be enough for the dug to take interest.
Or, aye, someone might killed someone there a week earlier and got away with it.

There is a very good reason scent dogs are very rarely used as evidence in court. They're only ever used as a tool for their handlers to pinpoint their search.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

No. There are numerous scenarios that would account for the scent of death in that flat.

Kate McCann's job meant she had been around corpses so that scent could be attached to any item of clothing she happened to be wearing when near a dead body
The dogs came in AFTER the Portuguese police and (I believe?) the Met had been at the flat. If any of those coppers had attended a crime scene with a dead body they, too, could have transferred that smell into the apartment.
It could have been the scent of a dead animal. If the apartment had been empty, over the winter for example, even a rat crawling under the floor boards and dying might be enough for the dug to take interest.

There is a very good reason scent dogs are very rarely used as evidence in court. They're only ever used as a tool for their handlers to pinpoint their search.

Fair point.

If I worked near dead bodies, those are definitely the clothes I'd take on holiday.