MarreZ

Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

25 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Remember the Brass Eye special taking the piss out of how the media cover paedophilia stories? It was the one where Doc Cox said "paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact—there's no real evidence for it—but it is scientific fact" and Phil Collins said "I'm talking Nonce sense!"

Anyway one of the tabloids ripped the programme to shreds and said paedophilia was nothing to laugh about. On the facing page was a photo of Charlotte Church, who was fifteen at the time, with a caption essentially saying "Phwoaarr - get a load of those!"

Were there not at least a couple of papers who had a countdown until she was 16?

Very, very creepy and fucked up. Tabloids are noncey as f**k.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, but it's among the least likely.

I don’t know if I ever mentioned that I have a degree in history. It was mainly about how to evaluate source material etc. The retired detectives who investigated the evidence at the time and went to the resort, looked at the various theories etc started off with the knowledge that 75% of the time it’s a family member responsible. Once they’d looked at the evidence and theories of what has happened they bumped it up to 90%+ that a family member was behind the disappearance.

12 years of PR, spin and quacks being paid to discredit evidence and folk changing their story doesn’t really make a sound basis for finding out what happened. 

How would they know this? Did they put 35 men in a room and ask them? Did one guy then put his hand up?

Did only 34 men leave the room?

How do medical researchers calculate the prevalence of any other psychiatric disorder?

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Were there not at least a couple of papers who had a countdown until she was 16?

Very, very creepy and fucked up. Tabloids are noncey as f**k.

That was Lindsay Dawn McKenzie in the Sunday or Daily Sport. Literally counting down the days until she was 16 so they could legally show her tits. I remember thinking at the time that it wasn't quite right. That paper was purchased exclusively by sweaty sex offenders. 

I wonder if the people who say a countdown to a 16 year old being topless is as disgusting if it happened in a country where the age of consent is 12, or perhaps some of the less liberal countries where its 21.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's number one on my list, what's yours? Number 2 would require arresting all the Tapas crowd and interrogating them in separate rooms, although they would have probably ironed out any inconsistencies by now. 

45 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Sorry to quote you again but child disappearances are incredibly unlikely anyway. Doubt if there's enough to create a database to rule out anything as being beyond the realms of possibility.

Sorry, but given the lack of concrete evidence to bring about charges and a trial after 12 years, a random abduction remains a distinct probability.

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Research conducted by the NCA back in 2015 reported that 1 in 35 men in the UK have paedophilic tendencies. Would it be hugely different in Portugal and therefore not such an uncommon occurrence?

Pie & Bovril has 49,887 members. By my calculations...............

3 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

Pie & Bovril has 49,887 members. By my calculations I'm a beast. Excuse me while I confess to my wife and go into the library with my gun.

FTFY

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

FTFY

I haven't got a gun mate.

Just now, Dr Watson said:

I haven't got a gun mate.

Of course you do, you used to be in the military and Mr Holmes frequently relied on your skills. It's probably in the attic.

26 minutes ago, Crroma said:

I wonder if the people who say a countdown to a 16 year old being topless is as disgusting if it happened in a country where the age of consent is 12, or perhaps some of the less liberal countries where its 21.

Yes.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Of course you do, you used to be in the military and Mr Holmes frequently relied on your skills. It's probably in the attic.

So it is. I'll get Shannon to throw it down.

43 minutes ago, Crroma said:

Beast found. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

That was Lindsay Dawn McKenzie in the Sunday or Daily Sport. Literally counting down the days until she was 16 so they could legally show her tits. I remember thinking at the time that it wasn't quite right. That paper was purchased exclusively by sweaty sex offenders. 

And when they did on her 16th birthday it was pointed out that she must have been under age when the photos were taken. Not sure what happened after that but I don't think the editor was charged,

Sorry, but given the lack of concrete evidence to bring about charges and a trial after 12 years, a random abduction remains a distinct probability.

Agree with what you have said and all possible scenarios can be made out to seem highly unlikely if examined further.

1 hour ago, Crroma said:

... wait, what?

1 hour ago, Crroma said:

?