Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I don't have Netflix so could anyone tell me if the documentary covers Jane Tanner's evidence?

The Police clearly think the McCanns did it. They were digging up an area 5 minutes from the apartment in 2014 which means they don't take the abduction scenario seriously

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/03/madeleine-mccann-police-dig-scrubland-praia-da-luz

Edited by Detournement

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Apparently that's a guy who was mistaken for the missing kid, but it's not him.

My mistake, thought it was the guy who took him to the hoor when he disappeared. Only got 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't have Netflix so could anyone tell me if the documentary covers Jane Tanner's evidence?

The Police clearly think the McCanns did it. They were digging up an area 5 minutes from the apartment in 2014 which means they don't take the abduction scenario seriously

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/03/madeleine-mccann-police-dig-scrubland-praia-da-luz

They mention that she initially claimed to have seen someone who looked like they were carrying a kid at one point in the evening, but the Portuguese polis also mention that her story kept changing and that she added more and more details to it over time, so they didn't consider her reliable. That's about all I remember being mentioned, and they don't go into detail about how her story changed, or about how any of them changed their stories, actually.

I'm only up to part five, however.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They mention that she initially claimed to have seen someone who looked like they were carrying a kid at one point in the evening, but the Portuguese polis also mention that her story kept changing and that she added more and more details to it over time, so they didn't consider her reliable. That's about all I remember being mentioned, and they don't go into detail about how her story changed, or about how any of them changed their stories, actually.

I'm only up to part five, however.

They did say the Tapas crowd changed the chronology 24 hours after they met to write it down.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They did say the Tapas crowd changed the chronology 24 hours after they met to write it down.

Aye, it's just funny they didn't go into detail about what they changed, considering how drawn out the documentary is.

I suppose there was a background timeline diagram they animated, if you could be arsed pausing it. Plus, it might've come across as a bit accusatory.

Edit: when was the last time the kid was seen alive by anyone outside the family, BTW?

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There was always a man seen carrying a child who was mentioned but when it got loads of attention a couple of years ago the police said he was a British holiday maker who was there and had been found. Which would mean that a British holidaymaker with his family who was near the apartment at the relevant time wasn't fully accounted for by the police for four years which is hard to believe.

Then last year a GP from Salisbury called Julian Totman came forward saying he was the man and blamed the fact that there was a fake suspect for years on police incompetence! Apparently he didn't think about contacting the police himself or the BBC or any newspaper printing efits of him as the prime suspect to set the record straight. And funnily enough he had been playing tennis with Gerry McCann on the fateful day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5698933/Madeleine-McCann-police-spent-four-years-trying-ID-man-GP-said-him.html

I suspect that Tanner made up this sighting and later admitted she was lying and Totman is a friend of hers covering for her and "came forward" when they heard the Netflix documentary was in production to cover for her story.

I’m only five episodes in but I can’t see a scenario where the parents did anything, to be honest.

The Portuguese police seem adamant it was them, and there are certainly oddities, but look at it logically. Everyone at the Tapas restaurant would ultimately have had little idea when they were coming and going for the ‘checks’, they were on holiday and on a night out, so it’s entirely reasonable that they’d be chopping and changing the timings a little bit.

Jane Tanner quite possibly did see a man with a child that night, adding the detail in as time went on could’ve easily been desperation. Certainly I can’t see a virtual stranger willing to lie to cover up a murder.

The parents accidentally killing Madeleine before dinner or one of them finding her dead during dinner would involve a hell of a poker face, or upto ten people being involved in a conspiracy - neither are even remotely likely. She was at kids club on the day itself so the window between getting home from that and the parents heading out is narrow - are panicking, devastated parents going to hide her so well she’s never shown up?

Even if they killed her and hid her, as is the police theory, where on earth did they store her body for 20+ days, before sneaking out the body under intense media scrutiny and hiding it so well that nobody has found it?

Kate claiming the shutters were open, the twins not waking up at all, the seeming desperation to pin it on Robert Murat from the Tapas 7 and the sniffer dogs finding traces of cadaver aren’t easily as dismissed, but there’s a real lack of any actual evidence anywhere. I can’t see two ‘amateurs’, devastated from an accidental death, managing to clear the place so well, dispose of the body so well and either enlist upto seven people as co-conspirators or keep such a convincing poker face that they didn’t suspect anything. Or store the body somewhere (there’s a theoretical window between kids club and going out to the tapas restaurant) where nobody found it, and then sneaked out under the glare of the worldwide media to dispose of it so well that she’s never been found.

There is the Irish family who say they saw Gerry carrying a small girl at 9:50PM a mile from the apartment. A child being killed by anyone is always an exceptional and unusual event.

If they did see Gerry, then the tapas seven and Kate either didn’t notice he was gone for at least an hour, most likely much more, or lied about it. That’s not to mention the restaurant staff who might’ve remembered one of the party being missing for a long time, and his ten-year poker face.

It also doesn’t account for getting rid of the body so well that it’s never been found, or any physical evidence.

If the Irish family saw Madeleine, it was with an abductor. Police think it was just another tourist and have someone claiming it was them.

That's two different sightings. The doctor who claims it was him but didn't mention it to anyone for five years was the Tanner sighting. The Irish family who say they saw Gerry McCann timed it 40 minutes later than Tanner. The McCanns purposefully suppressed the efits provided by the Irish family.

Just looking into it in their formal statements all the restaurant staff were non committal about the movements of the Tapas 9.

Ther was a pretty succinct Channel 4 documentary much nearer the time of the event (2007). Retired police went over the evidence. 

21 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Those who believe the McCann’s killed their child, can be grouped along with Flat Earthers, False Flaggers and Brexit voters.

I could picture a couple of them being a bit Brexity but they are very credible:

Are you watching the documentary?

Yes, half way through and it hasn’t changed my opinion in anyway. There is no evidence whatsoever to link the McCann’s to, or even suggest they were involved in the Murder/Manslaughter of their child.

They’re 100% guilty of neglect, something they’ll have to live with their entire lives.

9 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

They’re 100% guilty of neglect, something they’ll have to live with their entire lives.

I get the impression there are plenty of folk who don't think that at all, including some in the documentary.

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, it's just funny they didn't go into detail about what they changed, considering how drawn out the documentary is.

I suppose there was a background timeline diagram they animated, if you could be arsed pausing it. Plus, it might've come across as a bit accusatory.

Edit: when was the last time the kid was seen alive by anyone outside the family, BTW?

Sure the last time was around half 5 on the day of her vanishing, thats when they went to the apartment before dinner, for all we know they dumped the body before dinner, made her bed up to look like it was slept in knowing none of the other parents would check closelt incase she woke up

I dunno if the documentary tries explaining the cadaver and blood dogs, surely that's a nailing bit of evidence

15 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Sure the last time was around half 5 on the day of her vanishing, thats when they went to the apartment before dinner, for all we know they dumped the body before dinner, made her bed up to look like it was slept in knowing none of the other parents would check closelt incase she woke up

I dunno if the documentary tries explaining the cadaver and blood dogs, surely that's a nailing bit of evidence

They say that none of the DNA tested can be confirmed with confidence to be Maddie’s, so in reality the blood could have been anyone’s.

The cadaver dog going mental in the apartment gave me the creeps and is probably the main thing that can fuel any theories of the McCann’s being involved in some way, but as said in the documentary it can’t be used in isolation as solid evidence.

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

It's eventually presented that the dogs aren't infallible, by the trainer's own admission, and nothing damning was ever found from the samples taken. The closest was that some of the DNA might have matched the daughter, but there was also DNA present from at least two other people in the samples, and the match was so loose that half of the staff in the lab could also have matched the sample to a similar degree. In other words, the evidence was about as minimal as it's possible to get.

It's also mentioned that the rental car that the dogs reacted to wasn't in the McCann's possession until 25 days after their daughter went missing. As that wasn't immediately challenged in the documentary, you've got to assume that's true, which makes any dog reaction meaningless. Surely nobody would suggest they kept their daughter's corpse kicking around somewhere and spirited it away almost a month later.

Surely nobody would suggest they kept their daughter's corpse kicking around somewhere and spirited it away almost a month later.

Apart from the Portuguese police....

I have watched the whole thing now and I don’t think Kate and Gerry did it.

They do seem to get off pretty lightly with the whole neglect thing though. Was it really seen as normal to leave a 3 year old in a hotel room/villa to sleep, never mind the 2 younger twins, while you your pals go away out for dinner and drinks?

I’m sure the majority of folk in general will still be desperate to blame them for killing her or whatever but the majority of the evidence given in this makes me believe it was a peado ring that have taken her.

I was only 15 or so when it happened so I never paid that much attention, to all the evidence so have no idea if anything major was left out.

The worst thing about this series has to be the amount of threads on twitter popping up who now all know exactly how this happened.