Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I thought that was for over 5s?

I'm in no way defending them, if it was my kids I wouldn't have left them. I don't see the point in calling for them to have the book thrown at them or whatever, I don't think there would be any punishment worse for them than knowing they had in some way contributed to losing their daughter, even though she appears to have been taken by a very determined individual.

They went into a room with no adults present I hardly think that is the work of a "determined individual"

Yes they might still have tried but we cant say either way if that is the case.

They went into a room with no adults present I hardly think that is the work of a "determined individual"

Yes they might still have tried but we cant say either way if that is the case.

How did he or she know there were no adults there if they hadn't been watching and waiting for an opportunity?

I would like to think of myself as a reasonably responsible parent but I quite often put the wee man to bed and nip over the road to my neighbours house for a shandy of a weekend. We take a walkie talkie across the road and leave the other one in baby mode in his room.

He is three and a half.

We go over and check on him every hour.

We can see the house from where we are and we are approximately 25 yards from the house.

I don't really see this as being any different than being sat out in the garden whilst he was sleeping up stairs.

I have to say however I wouldn't do the same thing in a foreign country but does anyone think the above actions are scandalous - should I be put in jail ???

I have to say however I wouldn't do the same thing in a foreign country but does anyone think the above actions are scandalous - should I be put in jail ???

You had better watch out. Some of the goody 2-shoes on here will dob you in to the police, and you will be in jail before the week is out. I will delete this if you want to edit the incriminating evidence of your awful parenting :ph34r:

edited to add:- As an overview, i think this is again proof that the people of PnB like to stick the boot in to people who are suffering, and the victims instead of looking at the sole point of blame, and the evil fucked up criminals that are the cause of the discussion.

Edited by bluetooner

I would like to think of myself as a reasonably responsible parent but I quite often put the wee man to bed and nip over the road to my neighbours house for a shandy of a weekend. We take a walkie talkie across the road and leave the other one in baby mode in his room.

He is three and a half.

We can see the house from where we are and we are approximately 25 yards from the house.

I don't really see this as being any different than being sat out in the garden whilst he was sleeping up stairs.

Thing is Div if anything happens you can hear and you would be straight across the road in a flash, you have put up safeguards in my view to prevent something bad happening.

This couple had no safeguards in place.

The number of parents on this thread who wouldn't do what these parents have done is amazing!

I'm in no way the perfect Father but i'd never leave a child alone in a house no matter the reason

I'm sure you wouldn't, but if you did I don't think it makes you a bad parent.

I'm sure all parents make mistakes, its just unfortunate that this couple made one which led to their child being abducted.

I also don't see much difference in them leaving the kids sleeping upstairs, and them being downstairs in a large house, or being out in their garden. However I don't think the reaction would be the same.

He is three and a half.

Hmm!!!!

No, but you've made some good points their Div. These people probably never would have imagined this would happen to them and we're a bit silly to leave a child alone in a foreign country. This is a completly different scenario to being across the road but that was their choice. I in no way think they are bad parents and deserve this but i only feel it was a mistake to leave a child alone in a different area where they may not be familiar.

I hope they get the child back safely and that the parents aren't judged by the press or others.

As i said in my earlier post it was information passed to me so i don't know if it was for over 5's.

Facts on the resort are here BBC

It appears quite common for people at the resort not to use the creche facilities.

All very sad :(

Thing is Div if anything happens you can hear and you would be straight across the road in a flash, you have put up safeguards in my view to prevent something bad happening.

This couple had no safeguards in place.

Do you really think that you can get across the road before it is too late?

The couple had the "safe guard" of going to check every 30minutes or so (according to what someone else said on here) It may not be as good as a walky talky, but it was their "safe guard"

He is three and a half.

I can see your point Div but it wouldn't be me, i can see how you sitting in a neighbours isn't any different form me sitting in the garden but for my own peace of mind i'd rather be in my house/garden if the weans were sleeping.

but i only feel it was a mistake to leave a child alone in a different area where they may not be familiar.

I don't think anyone is disputing that they made a mistake, and a terrible one at that.

Do you really think that you can get across the road before it is too late?

The couple had the "safe guard" of going to check every 30minutes or so (according to what someone else said on here) It may not be as good as a walky talky, but it was their "safe guard"

How long does it take for a child to die?

Lot can happen in 30 minutes.

How long does it take for a child to die?

Lot can happen in 30 minutes.

Yes, and a lot can happen in the time that it takes Div to realise something is up, and cross the road.

Facts on the resort are here BBC

It appears quite common for people at the resort not to use the creche facilities.

All very sad :(

Thanks for the link Jean.

Unfortunately i can maybe understand why they didn't use it if you have to drop the kids off at a creche, especially if they were asleep. Surely thats just more reason not to go out in the first place though.

I'm really trying not to come over all high and mighty here but they have made a horrendous error that will most probably end very sadly.

Edited by Bowie_1888

That is the most likely scenario. I'm not banding blame around willy nilly and making judgemenst about peoples parenting.

It's threads like this that I see little point in. A girl has been abducted, she may or may not be dead. We know very little about the case, we do not know the parents. What exactly is there to discuss?

Well why post in it then? :unsure:

Parents were silly

Girl is dead

Case closed

Hardly case closed, but I have to admit it's becoming more and more worrying as the days go by.

It just sickens me to what her capturs are doing with the girl :(:angry:

It just sickens me to what her capturs are doing with the girl :(:angry:

Now i know that it is unlikely to be the case, and it doesn't make it ok, but there is a chance they are treating the girl very well, and if they are not returned to their real parents, the girl will lead a happy life with them.

Now i know that it is unlikely to be the case, and it doesn't make it ok, but there is a chance they are treating the girl very well, and if they are not returned to their real parents, the girl will lead a happy life with them.

Even if that was the captor's/captors' intent, the odds of that happening as so deeply remote. For one thing, the first time she's seen in public, she'll be recognised - so how will they enroll her in school or allow her to make friends?

Where's the motive for capturing a young girl to treat her nice? I can only hope they are treating here well however this is unlikely to be the case :(

If the girl is returned safe, you can only imagine what effect this has had on her mentally.

Will she ever be able to forgive her parents?