Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Guest bairnbabe
I never for one minute suggested that it wont happen but the likelyhood of it happening is much less.

You leave your house and lock the door the likelyhood is somebody "might" rob you but if you leave the door wide open then don't be surprised to come home to a empty house.

But then in Fife it will happen no matter what you do! ;)

Meaning? :huh:

That the fact this is going to end badly either way is pretty obvious is what they mean.

Either the child is dead or they will never see her again.

I would go with the later as in some countries you can get a good price for light haired children which is prob why they took her.

You don't think the fact their child might be dead is enough of a punishment?

You don't think they will be feeling worse than any of us can imagine right now? Whoever took Madeline is responsible for it, let's not forget that.

Yes they made a mistake but in this instance is the punishment (possibly the loss of their daughter) does that fit the crime?

I think the fact that they even refused the Baby sitting service that the Hotel runs makes it more than just a mistake to be honest

Meaning? :huh:

Meaning the kid has been missing for days. No one knows where she is, who has her or whether she is alive or not, and the local cops seem none the wiser about any of it.

It's hardly a leap of Mystic Meg type proportions to have a bad feeling about the situation!

What I meant was why would you do something abroad that you don't do at home. At home you know the neighbourhood you live in, what the people are generally like etc etc.

I believe that these parents at home wouldn't go round to a neighbours house for a meal/drink and leave the kids in the house on their own, so why have they done it abroad? That is the point I cannot get my head around. :blink:

With regards to this case I totally agree with you.

I was making a more general point about how everyone is scared of everyone these days.

Apologies for going of on a tangent but it kind of annoys me. Its got to the point where a guy I work with no longer goes for a walk in the park at lunchtime because of the looks he gets from mothers (mind you he is from Falkirk :ph34r: )

I've also seen other reports where men ignore distressed young children in the street because they are scared to help incase people think they are child abusers.

It can't be healthy for a society when people assume that you can't trust anyone.

Guest bairnbabe
That the fact this is going to end badly either way is pretty obvious is what they mean.

I would go with the later as in some countries you can get a good price for light haired children which is prob why they took her.

True. Its like the young lad Ben (cant remember his surname) This was about 17 year ago, while in Greece on holiday with his folks. He was snatched and never to be seen again.

There is a 3rd option which is they get the little girl back and she's traumatised for life due to her parents inability to do their job as parents.

I think the fact that they even refused the Baby sitting service that the Hotel runs makes it more than just a mistake to be honest

I agree with that, They might have suffered but they still broke the law and feeling sympathy for them does not change that fact.

I've also seen other reports where men ignore distressed young children in the street because they are scared to help incase people think they are child abusers.

That is true. I took the Early Touches coaching certificate through the SFA, and one of the first things they told you is never to leave yourself alone with children. What a sad thing to have to make sure you do. :(

I thought that was for over 5s?

I'm in no way defending them, if it was my kids I wouldn't have left them. I don't see the point in calling for them to have the book thrown at them or whatever, I don't think there would be any punishment worse for them than knowing they had in some way contributed to losing their daughter, even though she appears to have been taken by a very determined individual.

True. Its like the young lad Ben (cant remember his surname) This was about 17 year ago, while in Greece on holiday with his folks. He was snatched and never to be seen again.

Ben Needham was his name and also light haired

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Needham

There is a 3rd option which is they get the little girl back and she's traumatised for life due to her parents inability to do their job as parents.

She could be anywhere by now, I'm sure they changed her clothes and cut her hair differently by now and it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I agree with the point earlier. If this had been two scumbag junkies from Easterhoose the papers would have flayed them alive. The parents are getting a very easy ride due to their occupations and "class".

I agree with you....for once!!!

I remembered that when I heard of this wee girl.

I don't think there would be any punishment worse for them than knowing they had in some way contributed to losing their daughter, even though she appears to have been taken by a very determined individual.

Exactly, the fact that there has been no trace of who did this, to me shows that it wasnt just a random opportunistic abduction, and would likely have happened anyway :(

I thought that was for over 5s?

I'm in no way defending them, if it was my kids I wouldn't have left them. I don't see the point in calling for them to have the book thrown at them or whatever, I don't think there would be any punishment worse for them than knowing they had in some way contributed to losing their daughter, even though she appears to have been taken by a very determined individual.

As i said in my earlier post it was information passed to me so i don't know if it was for over 5's.

The number of perfect parents on this thread is amazing!

The number of parents on this thread who wouldn't do what these parents have done is amazing!

I'm in no way the perfect Father but i'd never leave a child alone in a house no matter the reason