Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I'm not sure claiming it was their 'fault' is correct. 99.99999% of the time leaving your kids in a locked hotel room asleep is absolutely fine. Chatting to my parents about this last night, they said they left me in hotel rooms(only whilst downstairs in the Hotel restaurant mind you) multiple times when on holiday. They did however also mention that had the Madeleine McCann case happened before they had taken me abroad there would be absolutely no chance they'd leave me alone in the room.

You can't account for someone breaking into the room and stealing a child, because that is clearly something that has been planned by someone else, tracking their movements, their trends, where their kids are at what times etc. That is assuming that someone did go in. As vague as the chances of it are, it can't be discounted the idea of the girl getting up and opening the hotel room door on her own and leaving. But then what chance of there is that someone just happened upon her and thought 'hmmmm, oh look a child, I've always wanted to have one of those' and steals the child.

One thing about the character everyone seems to be recognising/the same name coming up with regards to this new guy walking towards the ocean with a child in pyjamas. I'm sorry, but if there was anything pre planned about this, no way would he just be swanning about the place with her.

One thing I've always wondered was why were the other two kids left alone???

How did the abducter get in if the doors were locked?

IIRC the McCanns claim they left the patio doors open.

The Crimewash programme was a travesty, imo.

Among the many gross factual errors was the claim that "everyone" had committed to the timeline suggested by the (now debunked) Jane Tanner sighting. How could the Police allow that to be stated (don't tell me they didn't have a right of review of the programme output). Goncalo Amaral, who led the Police investigation, never for one moment considered the JT sighting to be genuine.

Did the McCanns apologise in any way whatsoever on their own behalf and behalf of their "private investigators" for INSISTING for the last 5 years that the JT sighting was genuine? No.

Why didn't the Crimewash programme indicate how the "Irish family" first came to make the connection between their sighting and the McCann case...clue: they saw a news item on TV as they arrived back in Ireland.

Oh, Philpy, I agree with you.

Joan Burnie has been taking her frustrations out on the public, especially men, for decades, simply for being born with a face like a blind cobbler's thumb.

That & being dumped for a younger mistress by the late Douglas Crawford of the SNP (hence also her blind hatred towards them).

Chatting to my parents about this last night, they said they left me in hotel rooms(only whilst downstairs in the Hotel restaurant mind you) multiple times when on holiday. They did however also mention that had the Madeleine McCann case happened before they had taken me abroad there would be absolutely no chance they'd leave me alone in the room.

Then, in my opinion, your parents acted irresponsibly.

You can wheel out all the "it was only downstairs" or "it was close to the hotel room" lines you want, but if you are not in the same room as your children, especially bearing in mind the age of the McCann children at the time, you cannot be there if they wake up with a nightmare, choke whilst sleeping, or sadly, if someone breaks into the hotel room.

And it's not about being a holier than thou parent, it's placing your childs welfare and safety over and above that of a nice meal with friends.

Whats got me about this case is the amount of money and resources poured into it.

The fact is Kate and Gerry are 100% at fault. They left 3 kids alone while they went out. The resort had a childcare service they could have used. The fact that the twins cried for over a hour the previous night and despite that they still went out.who does that? How can people show sympathy towards these people?

We all expect maddie to be dead anyway so why waste more money/police time on a unsolvable case?

Dollop of shite type post.

• They are not 100% at fault for her abduction
  • How can you not sympathise ffs?
  • Not everyone expects the child to be dead.
  • The case is certainly not unsolvable

Then, in my opinion, your parents acted irresponsibly.

You can wheel out all the "it was only downstairs" or "it was close to the hotel room" lines you want, but if you are not in the same room as your children, especially bearing in mind the age of the McCann children at the time, you cannot be there if they wake up with a nightmare, choke whilst sleeping, or sadly, if someone breaks into the hotel room.

And it's not about being a holier than thou parent, it's placing your childs welfare and safety over and above that of a nice meal with friends.

So are you always in the room when your kids are sleeping? What about when you are sleeping? Do you and your wife sleep in shifts?

So are you always in the room when your kids are sleeping? What about when you are sleeping? Do you and your wife sleep in shifts?

Let's not be silly here.

There is a world of difference between me and my wife sleeping in a house with the kids in rooms next to us with the front and back door locked and being in a restauarant with friends out of sight and earshot of your kids with what apparently was an unlocked patio door.

Please behave yourself.

Let's not be silly here.

There is a world of difference between me and my wife sleeping in a house with the kids in rooms next to us with the front and back door locked and being in a restauarant with friends out of sight and earshot of your kids with what apparently was an unlocked patio door.

Please behave yourself.

How will that save them from choking? Or someone breaking into the house while you are sleeping? Edited by GAD

<p>

Dollop of shite type post.

• They are not 100% at fault for her abduction
  • How can you not sympathise ffs?
  • Not everyone expects the child to be dead.
  • The case is certainly not unsolvable

Ok so if they stayed in would she have went missing assuming that Kate and Gerry did not have anything to do with it?

I have no sympathy because Kate and Gerry showed no sympathy to their own kids despite the fact maddie asked where they were when she was crying the night before. Why even risk leaving kids alone. If it happened in the UK and a kid got hurt that parent would get slaughtered by the media aswell as the kids getting put into Care.

6 years on no real evidence that supports the McCanns and the fact they did not answer alot of questions at the time that could have helped the police.

The McCanns are guilty as f**k it would not surprise me if they did kill her or sell her.

How will that save them from choking? Or someone breaking into the house while you are sleeping?

Had I know you were going to press on with this madcap approach, I'd have adopted an equally comedic stance. Apologies.

I wasn't aware that the babysitting/creche facilities at the resort were FREE. So they weren't even saving a few bob by leaving the kids unattended - repeatedly, apparently, with ample evidence of the upset this could cause to the children. Their own children, ferchrissake.

Any time me and Mrs WRK have gone on holiday with the Rosettes, that's what we've done - gone on holiday with our kids. It's supposed to be a time to get some quality family time, and for us all to have a good time. Not dump the kids with strangers or leave them unattended while we go out on the lash. We have done the "buggy next to the table" thing on countless occasions, and let the kids come out to eat with us - it's their holiday as well, after all. On the odd occasion we've wanted to stay up a bit later, we've either sat with friends on our balcony/patio and had a couple of wines while all the kids (ours and theirs) sleep in our apartment, or let our kids have a "sleepover" at their little mates' place while the adults are there. It's really not difficult.

For those who are trying to decide when it's OK to leave kids alone, the answer is NEVER. Any other answer labels you as someone who has either never had kids, or should never have them.

I wasn't aware that the babysitting/creche facilities at the resort were FREE. So they weren't even saving a few bob by leaving the kids unattended - repeatedly, apparently, with ample evidence of the upset this could cause to the children. Their own children, ferchrissake.

Any time me and Mrs WRK have gone on holiday with the Rosettes, that's what we've done - gone on holiday with our kids. It's supposed to be a time to get some quality family time, and for us all to have a good time. Not dump the kids with strangers or leave them unattended while we go out on the lash. We have done the "buggy next to the table" thing on countless occasions, and let the kids come out to eat with us - it's their holiday as well, after all. On the odd occasion we've wanted to stay up a bit later, we've either sat with friends on our balcony/patio and had a couple of wines while all the kids (ours and theirs) sleep in our apartment, or let our kids have a "sleepover" at their little mates' place while the adults are there. It's really not difficult.

For those who are trying to decide when it's OK to leave kids alone, the answer is NEVER. Any other answer labels you as someone who has either never had kids, or should never have them.

Correct.

The McCann's charity work with organisations such as the NSPCC to raise awareness of the dangers of leaving children alone and unattended has been notable by it's absence.

Nail. Head.