Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

So we are to believe that the Jane tanner sighting at 9:15 has resulted many years later in the guy being found with a legitimate story but we're not hearing who it is or when this was discovered or how they didn't manage to find this guy who was obviously staying in the area for years.

We now have a ten o'clock sighting which is being focused on which comes from an Irish family called the smiths who originally said they thought it was Gerry McCann.

I suspect tanner has admitted making up the quarter past 9 sighting and the police are going for this ten o'clock sighting to max out the overtime and foreign trips.

Someone posted this on Facebook. I'm in no way proposing the facts presented are gospel, but does anyone have any counter-arguments?

http://www.cwporter.com/mccann.htm

The commonly accepted counter theory is the Madeleine died either accidentally due to neglect or due to natural causes and the McCanns covered it up to hide the neglect.

This certainly seems to have been the portuguese police's view and the circumstancial evidence doesnt exactly disprove this.

So which was it. The former certainly doesn't sound like remorse to me. I didn't watch any of it.

She said she punished herself for weeks about why she thought it was okay to leave her while they went to the tapas bar. He said he put guilt to one side sooner. I would agree with their position that continued remorse and self-punishment doesn't really achieve much. They'll never be able to turn back time, so (assuming she was abducted) the most productive thing they can do is to ensure that the story remains at the forefront to increase the likelihood she will be found.

Half Rice Half Chips, I see your point and I suppose I agree, but presumably there is no unanimous evidence from their fellow diners which says that they didn't check in a regimented fashion.

The idea that a very small number of people on here seem to have, that the Met haven't looked at every scenario or that someone on an internet site will either present a cast-iron case, or will alternatively clear up any minor inconsistencies and clear the McCanns of all suspicion is incredibly moronic btw.

Edited by The OP

She said she punished herself for weeks about why she thought it was okay to leave her while they went to the tapas bar. He said he put guilt to one side sooner. I would agree with their position that continued remorse and self-punishment doesn't really achieve much. They'll never be able to turn back time, so (assuming she was abducted) the most productive thing they can do is to ensure that the story remains at the forefront to increase the likelihood she will be found.

Half Rice Half Chips, I see your point and I suppose I agree, but presumably there is no unanimous evidence from their fellow diners which says that they didn't check in a regimented fashion.

The idea that a very small number of people on here seem to have, that the Met haven't looked at every scenario or that someone on an internet site will either present a cast-iron case, or will alternatively clear up any minor inconsistencies and clear the McCanns of all suspicion are pretty moronic too.

So if the witnesses confirmed Kate left the tapas bar at 10pm and Gerry stayed and Kate reported it to people say 5 minutes later during which Gerry remained in sight it wouldn't prove that they didnt dispose of the body and cover it up - Even a doctor couldnt have cleansed the forensics in 5 minutes.

Of course they probably dont want to admit the time lapse between it being reported nor what they were up to as it would open up this avenue of investigation.

So if the witnesses confirmed Kate left the tapas bar at 10pm and Gerry stayed and Kate reported it to people say 5 minutes later during which Gerry remained in sight it wouldn't prove that they didnt dispose of the body and cover it up - Even a doctor couldnt have cleansed the forensics in 5 minutes.

Of course they probably dont want to admit the time lapse between it being reported nor what they were up to as it would open up this avenue of investigation.

You were the incredibly moronic one I was referring to. I wanted to spare your feelings, but I've changed my mind.

You were the incredibly moronic one I was referring to. I wanted to spare your feelings, but I've changed my mind.

I take your just estatic they've finally cleared Samaras with the new efits.

There is absolutely zero proof of an abduction; theres more proof of the mccanns covering up Maddy's death. Fact.

The commonly accepted counter theory is the Madeleine died either accidentally due to neglect or due to natural causes and the McCanns covered it up to hide the neglect.

This certainly seems to have been the portuguese police's view and the circumstancial evidence doesnt exactly disprove this.

If they did do it they had hours at the most but most probably just a matter of minutes to clear up, move and dispose of a body without leaving a trace evidence that two police forces could find during a year of dedicated investigating and then a further five years of police work.

They have also managed to avoid 'cracking' or giving away or saying anything incriminating during years of interviews and intense scrutiny !

The idea that a very small number of people on here seem to have, that the Met haven't looked at every scenario or that someone on an internet site will either present a cast-iron case, or will alternatively clear up any minor inconsistencies and clear the McCanns of all suspicion is incredibly moronic btw.

I do take your point and ultimately the one thing above all else is Madelaine. If she is out there I genuinely hope she is found safe and well. That has always been my view on this. It is my opinion however that the two who were responsible for her disappearance should perhaps have taken a back seat and let someone else front the campaign. There is an incredible irony in all of this.

That said I disagree entirely with the punishment. They will never be punished enough. And as for him saying that...unforgiveable. How can you as a father, as a human being, just put guilt to one side in this sorry situation?

As someone outside the UK, is the breakthrough that someone saw a man of average height, average built, average hair and average face carrying a girl to the beach, possibly in pajamas? This would definitely merit a 25 minute reconstruction 6 years later.

I got asked at work about a case 4 months ago, and I got details wrong. How can someone be expected to remember a face from 7 years ago?

The breakthrough is that a sighting of a man carrying a child used to be commonly accepted as the suspect carrying Madeleine. The Police now believe this was a perfectly innocent man carrying his own child home. This obviously moves their focus elsewhere.

If they did do it they had hours at the most but most probably just a matter of minutes to clear up, move and dispose of a body without leaving a trace evidence that two police forces could find during a year of dedicated investigating and then a further five years of police work.

They have also managed to avoid 'cracking' or giving away or saying anything incriminating during years of interviews and intense scrutiny !

Apparently it was over an hour before police arrived

Story goes McCann's and the tapas neglect crowd spent 20-30 mins searching, reported it to the resort who had a look then finally reported it the police.

It was apparently midnight before a large scale police search was launched.

I do take your point and ultimately the one thing above all else is Madelaine. If she is out there I genuinely hope she is found safe and well. That has always been my view on this. It is my opinion however that the two who were responsible for her disappearance should perhaps have taken a back seat and let someone else front the campaign. There is an incredible irony in all of this.

That said I disagree entirely with the punishment. They will never be punished enough. And as for him saying that...unforgiveable. How can you as a father, as a human being, just put guilt to one side in this sorry situation?

He might just be saying that. He might be heading for a colossal breakdown if he doesn't keep himself distracted and keep telling himself he is being constructive by carrying on the search. This is the kind of baseless supposition I'm trying to avoid though.

Oh - do tell !?

Have you phoned Crimewatch - I'm sure Kirsty would love to hear from you ... 0500 600 600.

Body Dogs and contested DNA tests suggest death in apartment and body in hire car. I don't know what evidence there is at all of an abduction other than a man walking with a child near a creche.

It was a freakish occurrence that could happen to anyone who doesn't stare at his or her children for 24 hours a day. But very, very unlikely. Children have been abducted from bedrooms and back gardens while parents have been in the house. I'm assuming most of the posters having a go at the McCanns are not parents. I pity the children of those who are.