Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I'm talking about the average moron on the keyboard here. Although quality publications like The Express, The Mail and the Star have been done for printing libellous stories.

I missed the calls for David and Samantha Cameron to be imprisoned for neglect after leaving their daughter in the pub for 15 mins btw. There was more sharing of similar stories with a grin in response to that than anything else. Is gross neglect warranting a prison sentence only gross neglect warranting a prison sentence when a one in a million (if that) abduction occurs?

David Cameron's a c**t, but then you knew that.

I missed the calls for David and Samantha Cameron to be imprisoned for neglect after leaving their daughter in the pub for 15 mins btw. There was more sharing of similar stories with a grin in response to that than anything else. Is gross neglect warranting a prison sentence only gross neglect warranting a prison sentence when a one in a million (if that) abduction occurs?

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/177860-david-cameron-leaves-daughter-in-pub/

1. The Police approached him

2. Through the unlocked window

3. Why not her?

4. Should there be witnesses to this?

5. Pass

So this guy just ignored the news for 5 years - seems likely.

Did they not claim all the windows/doors were secure

The 2 other children in the room? The public location of the room?

Yes - Gerry referred to one tonight. Seems suss to me the appeal completely doesnt bother with witnesses such as this - they seem vital to the timeline.

Did they not claim all the windows/doors were secure

The 2 other children in the room? The public location of the room?

Yes - Gerry referred to one tonight. Seems suss to me the appeal completely doesnt bother with witnesses such as this - they seem vital to the timeline.

You don't know if he ignored the Police. It could be down to how well he was interviewed in the first place.

Dunno

Question remains. If you think it's suspicious that she was taken and not any of her siblings then you'd need to say why it would be less suspicious if it was one of them.

Agreed

I feel I must establish at this juncture, that my position is that anyone who considers Cameron's kids should be taken off him, or that he should be imprisoned for that, is a fucking moron.

Obviously there are differences in the two cases beyond the abduction which may obscure my opinion on the McCanns - that punishing them would achieve nothing for society, would teach them no personal lessons, would not prevent neglect from recurring where it otherwise would, and that a lot of people act extremely strangely and exhibit some pretty off opinions when this topic comes up.

I'd also point out to 'mybitchunderprotest', that they expressed guilt for leaving her alone on the telly about 20 mins ago. I've stopped watching however, unlike those who complain about a media circus and then indulge in it.

Edited by The OP

I'm not sure what you're suggesting but the police seem to be happy that he is the man.

Why it has taken so long is extremely surprising though, I'm sure the Met would state failings with the Portuguese police but if I was within 10 miles of those apartments on that night I'd be going over what I had seen and what I might know that could help the case - having carried a kid from the accommodation around the time a witness described seeing a man carrying a kid from the accommodation might just lead me to telling the police !!

Except they admitted f**k all. Their spokesman tells us how racked with guilt they are but not once in the multitude of interviews that they have given have they ever come close to saying this.

Gerry tonight said "he quickly learned it was pointless to blame themselves"

These pair still show no remorse for at best gross neglect.

I must've been watching something else - did Kate not say she kept going over and over why they thought it was ok to eat at the tapas bar and leave the kids in the room :huh:

Either the portuguese investigation was flawed - surely everyone at that creche should have been identified and interviewed

Or

Someone has had a new recollection 5 years down the line based on 5 years worth of media attention. Of course I am sure his memory got better 5 years down the line and he is now correct.

For me the Met investigation should have looked at all the scenarios - why havent they ruled out the portuguese theory etc.

Gerry tonight said "he quickly learned it was pointless to blame themselves"

I'd also point out to 'mybitchunderprotest', that they expressed guilt for leaving her alone on the telly about twenty minutes ago

So which was it. The former certainly doesn't sound like remorse to me. I didn't watch any of it.

Unless you can prove it, your hunches matter diddly squat. Inspector Jack Frost really has a lot to answer for.

Just didn't ring true for me OP. Seemed a bit too regimented; "at 8 Gerry checked on the kids, then at 8.30 I checked on the kids, then at 9 it was Gerry's turn again..." When the wine starts flowing a half hour flies by very quickly, it's quite conceivable to me that maybe one of the half hour checks was missed, or a half hour became 45 minutes.

As others have said, certain things were omitted from the programme that would have been unflattering to the McCanns, perhaps this whole half hour check thing is another little spin.

As someone outside the UK, is the breakthrough that someone saw a man of average height, average built, average hair and average face carrying a girl to the beach, possibly in pajamas? This would definitely merit a 25 minute reconstruction 6 years later.

I got asked at work about a case 4 months ago, and I got details wrong. How can someone be expected to remember a face from 7 years ago?