Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

let me ask you a couple of questions :

A woman was near death from a unique kind of cancer. There is a drug that might save her. The drug costs $4,000 per dosage. The sick woman's husband, Heinz, went to everyone he knew to borrow the money and tried every legal means, but he could only get together about $2,000. He asked the doctor scientist who discovered the drug for a discount or let him pay later. But the doctor scientist refused.

Should Heinz break into the laboratory to steal the drug for his wife? Why or why not?

No

Heinz broke into the laboratory and stole the drug. The next day, the newspapers reported the break-in and theft. Brown, a police officer and a friend of Heinz remembered seeing Heinz last evening, behaving suspiciously near the laboratory. Later that night, he saw Heinz running away from the laboratory.

Should Brown report what he saw? Why or why not?

Yes

I remember seeing this question on a programme about child development. At a young age, they say no because stealing is drummed into them as wrong, and children of that age think "Right" or "Wrong".

As young teenagers, they choose the other option, because they're able to differentiate and weigh up the options.

I realise that this is nothing to do with the subject, but none the less I found it interesting.

In a similar note, should someone who "accidentally" kills someone through neglect or lack of care go unpunished, as they too have made a mistake that they'll live with for the rest of their lives?

Supposing a nurse in a hospital forgot to give someone their medicine, leading to a death?

This would be covered by "vicarious liability" whereby the employer would be held responsible and have to pay any damages etc. However the nurse would be dealt with through an investigation and disciplinary procedures. She could also be reported to the Nursing and Midwifery council who would also investigate. Afterwards it could go on to be an official hearing and depending on the outcome the nurse could be struck off the register.

Guest The Phoenix
Are you REALLY trying to point score on this? Beyond pathos. I really hope nothing like this ever happens to you.

No.

I'm not the one trying to say those expressing a different point of view are wrong.

I am merely stating my personal views on what is a very emmotive subject.

Your wish that nothing like this ever happens to me implies that I think the couple deserve it because they left the wee girl unattended - if this is the case, you haven't read my posts and nothing could be further from the truth - my heart goes out to them.

Frankly I don't give a stuff whether you (or for that matter anyone else) agrees with me.

Please don't take that personally - I've no idea who you are, nor you me.

Cheers

The Phoenix

I'm not the one trying to say those expressing a different point of view are wrong.

You were putting jibes in about Pink Freud not liking someone else's post. Someone else that agreed with your opinion.

Anyway, what's the script with this identikit of the kidnapper the polis have but are not allowed to release to the public? :huh:

That was brought up on a ITV last night but a head social worker or child expert or something said that it wouldn't apply in this case as the parents were doing everything right i.e. in a 'safe' holiday complex and checking on their children from 50m away every half an hour or so.

My garden is well over 50m long. We often sit in the garden while the kids are asleep and have our evening meal if its a nice night. Maybe I should get done for neglect as well.

Fucking social workers...

Guest Captain St. Sensible

This case has made me & my wife think. We have a 7 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. I can remember us staying up in Lochgoilhead when he was 2 with some friends. We rented 2 chalets with 2 families in each with the kids. They were next to each other. In evenings, after the kids had gone to bed, the adults would all sit in one of the chalets and leave their kids asleep in the other. We'd have the children radio listening devices on and someone would go back to check on them every 20 mins - and anytime we heard any noise on the radios.

Now that was 8 adults - and we all thought that what we were doing was perfectly safe. Looking at the Madeleine McCann story.... maybe not.

Any views?

Guest The Phoenix
You were putting jibes in about Pink Freud not liking someone else's post. Someone else that agreed with your opinion.

I think you will find that was me expressing a fact, not an opinion. ;)

This case has made me & my wife think. We have a 7 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. I can remember us staying up in Lochgoilhead when he was 2 with some friends. We rented 2 chalets with 2 families in each with the kids. They were next to each other. In evenings, after the kids had gone to bed, the adults would all sit in one of the chalets and leave their kids asleep in the other. We'd have the children radio listening devices on and someone would go back to check on them every 20 mins - and anytime we heard any noise on the radios.

Now that was 8 adults - and we all thought that what we were doing was perfectly safe. Looking at the Madeleine McCann story.... maybe not.

Any views?

I can remember being left in the apartment with my younger brother and cousin on a holiday in Malta while my Mum, Uncle and Aunt sat at the bar by the pool of an evening.

Can't say that I ever felt unsafe, especially as I could see them from the balcony if needed.

My first reaction was that there is no way I'd leave my kids on their own to be honest. Having said that, I don't think anyone can blame the parents for this. It's a disgustingly depressing situation :(

Heinz broke into the laboratory and stole the drug. The next day, the newspapers reported the break-in and theft. Brown, a police officer and a friend of Heinz remembered seeing Heinz last evening, behaving suspiciously near the laboratory. Later that night, he saw Heinz running away from the laboratory.

Should Brown report what he saw? Why or why not?

Saucy little devil.

How can letting somebody die ever be morally right? :unsure:

Whilst not applicable to your analogy, there are situations where letting somebody die is the morally correct thing to do.