Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

That's odd, because when I first saw this story on the news, there was an awful lot of talk about how well the Portuguese police sprang to action, closing airports and such, while setting up searches as soon as the girl was reported missing.

Yeh there was, but the next day the grandparents were on tv complaining that they were not doing enough.

This is a very strange issue, it seems the parents in the thread seem to be the ones that are disgusted with the way they have behaved, while people without children appear to be very liberal in their views, i think that says something.

I had a discussion about this with my parents last night who told me that when we went to Mallorca when I was 4 and my brother 6 months old, they did the same thing - went to the hotel bar and checked on us every half an hour. I was shocked, because I'm of the opinion that these children should NEVER have been left alone. What mum said was interesting - she did it without batting an eyelid then, but would never ever even contemplate it in this day and age.

I agree in part with Steven, and also with Sam. Bad things do happen, no matter what you do to try and protect your children. However, leaving children that age alone, locked in a room is irresponsible.

Guest xbasslichtie

I have to say, Im gonna agree with Steven here.

And by the way Savo, Ive noticed you have a fascination with inappropriatly used words. What the hell is 'Touche' at the end of your post for???

Touche.

Guest SavotheGreat
I have first hand experience of neglected kids a while back and since that experience the needs of the child will always be paramount to me.

I've worked in orphanages right across Europe. And?

Would I be the perfect parent? no I am very much aware I wouldnt' as such a thing dosent exist and I know I would make more than my fair share of mistakes I freely admit but one thing I know I would do is put the child first over my needs as if you have a child they simply have to come first and that is something they simply did not do in this case and you can argue all you like but it wont change that fact.

Steven, this is an Internet forum, statements relating to your personal character won't wash. Who's arguing? They made a mistake, true.

With me children and their needs and rights will always come first over adults because of experiences I have had and if that makes me come across as judgemental so be it I wont change who or what I am for forum members who do not agree.
Its an internet forum, we dont know the people personally involved

Steven, read the above quote, Marrez makes my own point. We've all had "experiences", of which, i'm sure - as your therapist has reitterated to you on many an occasion - are nowhere near as poignant or meaningful as yours, but unfortunately, that doesn't put any of us in a position to pass judegement over something which is, EXCLUSIVELY, a PERSONAL matter. A matter for the family. For THE FAMILY. But, again, in our culture of mass intrusion, every armchair psych-therapist believes it is one of their intrinsinc rights to grasp a peek into the lives of others - its almost voyeuristic. Quite ironic really, that the BB watching illiterate buffoons are probably among the first to complain about state intrusion.

Savo by making snap judgements on me based on what you read in this thread and crucifying me for it you are in fact doing the very same thing as you make out that I am doing to this couple.

Eh, yeah Steven, that was the entire point of my previous post - you see, its not nice when someone passes judgement over your character, is it? It amazes me that you have absolutely no inherent hesitation over passing judgement, yet when its put your way, you take exception :lol:

So I am not allowed to comment because it is not my issue or problem so does that mean you feel we should all no longer be allowed to voice opinions on matters that do not involve us directly? Will really kill off the General Nonsense section then!

It amazes me that such a small and continually shrinking mind can exist in an ever expanding Universe. Comment all you like, I just take umbrage with anyone who assumes superiority on the basis of watching a news broadcast and reading the Sun.

Your comment regarding education was by far the most condescending post I have ever seen on these forums

I know, brilliant, eh? :thumsup2

Yeh there was, but the next day the grandparents were on tv complaining that they were not doing enough.

This is a very strange issue, it seems the parents in the thread seem to be the ones that are disgusted with the way they have behaved, while people without children appear to be very liberal in their views, i think that says something.

Yeah, that you don't need to have been a horse in order to be a jockey, I assume?

Yeah, that you don't need to have been a horse in order to be a jockey, I assume?

That people with children feel disgusted that other people can be so selfish to their own needs.

Guest SavotheGreat
I have to say, Im gonna agree with Steven here.

And by the way Savo, Ive noticed you have a fascination with inappropriatly used words. What the hell is 'Touche' at the end of your post for???

It was appropriatE.

Sarcasm ;)

Guest The Phoenix

Savo the Great has achieved a status beyond us mere mortals.

He has managed to post lots of big words and yet still spout a lot of pish.

His wordy attack on Steven was, I assume, intended to come across as smart. Sorry but it only served to show that wee w**kers can be big p***ks.

Touche - Oops, for a moment I thought all posts had to end in that.

Guest xbasslichtie

Off topic again, but I would like to present exhibit A...

I'm an actual football supporter, I support my local side and no one else - I just dislike Chelsea. They're quintessentially boring, Mourinho is a manipulative tactician, he reduces the game to theory, withdrawing any form of excitement. His entire philosphy is based around the procurement of the result, boring!

Ive highlighted the words which I feel are innappropriatE! I mean its great to have a vocab, I have one, as do many posters on here(not rupertthebairn though), but please, if you arent sure whether a word is suitable, look it up!

Touche.

The whole thing started with the childrens family pointing fingers and telling people on TV that the portugese police were hopeless and werent doing enough to help.

No, the "whole thing" started when some reprehensible individual abducted a three year old girl.

I think many of the people on this thread seem to have forgotten that whilst they are busy trying to put the parents on trial for an error of judgement that will haunt them forever no matter how it all turns out now.

Guest The Phoenix
Off topic again, but I would like to present exhibit A...

Ive highlighted the words which I feel are innappropriatE! I mean its great to have a vocab, I have one, as do many posters on here(not rupertthebairn though), but please, if you arent sure whether a word is suitable, look it up!

Touche.

Brilliant! :lol:

I think I know what the answer is - Savo is actually German and is posting using an Oxford German - English Pocket Dictionary.

Douche! (Can't wait for the fanny to look that one up but it will probably wash over him :ph34r: )

Guest xbasslichtie
Douche! (Can't wait for the fanny to look that one up but it will probably wash over him :ph34r: )

Im hoping he replies, Im really desperate for an opportunity to use "Wooshe"* on him. :ph34r:

*Please, shoot me now, it was funny in my head! :ph34r: *

No, the "whole thing" started when some reprehensible individual abducted a three year old girl.

I think many of the people on this thread seem to have forgotten that whilst they are busy trying to put the parents on trial for an error of judgement that will haunt them forever no matter how it all turns out now.

I meant the whole "blame" incidents. We are an internet forum, we cannot put anyone on trial, we can only state our opinions.

Guest The Phoenix
Im hoping he replies, Im really desperate for an opportunity to use "Wooshe"* on him. :ph34r:

*Please, shoot me now, it was funny in my head! :ph34r: *

It was a bit wooshe washe*

*Ditto as per your post :ph34r:

And as Stewie Griffin has said if this was unemployed parents who had went across the road to a pub and left their young kids at home and a fire had started they would have been hanged for being daft enough to leave their kids in that situatuon.

I see no difference as in both situations they are leaving young kids alone in a room with no supervision.

There is a huge difference in the 2 situations however. If the abductor (if that is what happened) did not do anything, the kids would have been perfectly safe. Although i personally would never leave my kids in the apartment on their own, like Sam i think some of the abuse the parents are getting here is OTT. From what was said, the parents were about 100feet away from the apartment, so if a fire or anything like that happened, they were close enough to react quickly. How many people here, when they have BBQs sit outside while the kids are inside sleeping/playing, which would be an identical scenario here. It isn't as though they are miles away in a pub or something is it?

However most of all, hopefully the little girl is found safe and well.

n106mapuf2.jpg

Personally, I can't compare that to sitting in the back garden having a barbeque.

I think that it's a disgrace leaving 3 toddlers alone, even if it was just for half an hour. What if one of the twins had woken up crying for mammy, wanted a sip of water, had a bad dream, was sick on the bed etc. It's all very trivial, yes, but anything could have happened, and they weren't there. And as it happens, something unimaginable happened.

As bluetooner says, the important thing is that there's a petrified 3 year old girl missing, and a petrified family. Let's all just hope she's found as nothing the courts can do to those parents will compare to what they're going through right now.

And no, I don't have children. Let the stoneing commence.

I'd say the parents were certain, that having something to eat 50 yards away from where their children were sleeping, was perfectly safe.

I'm sure their feeling bad enoug, without some teenage know it alls judging them :angry:

n106mapuf2.jpg

Personally, I can't compare that to sitting in the back garden having a barbeque.

So it wasn't quite 50 yards away then, and puts a different twist on events. However if the kid was taken from the row of apartments behind the bar, it is comparable :lol: