Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

So leaving them alone is the answer? :rolleyes:

I don't have kids but I wouldn't leave them out my sight for a minue at that age nevermind leaving them periods upto 20 minutes at a time in a room by themself.

I didn't say that, but a childrens club is something far different from childcare. I'm speaking from experience, you've just got to get on with it & take the kids with you. One at the table and one in the buggy having already been fed, at the apartment. If you can't manage it, you've just got to eat in the apartment and spend the night with them and a couple of bottles of 'vino collapso'.

I didn't say that, but a childrens club is something far different from childcare. I'm speaking from experience, you've just got to get on with it & take the kids with you. One at the table and one in the buggy having already been fed, at the apartment. If you can't manage it, you've just got to eat in the apartment and spend the night with them and a couple of bottles of 'vino collapso'.

Tough shit you have kids you are responsible for them!

If they didnt want the inconvenience of kids they should either not taken them or not had any!

Tough shit you have kids you are responsible for them!

If they didnt want the inconvenience of kids they should either not taken them or not had any!

Exactly. Everybody seems to think that they should have the right to have kids but that this shouldn't interfere with their lifestyle.

They should be arrested the minute they arrive back in this country, or the Portugese should arrest them now on neglect charges.

But because they're 'nice middle class' parents they won't get criticised. Can you imaging the slagging the parents would be getting if they were unemployed and from a cooncil estate.

What would have happened to the kids if their had been a fire? Locked in the room with no way out - sounds sensible.

Heard the aunt on Radio 5 this morning and everything appears to be the fault of the Portugese police.

Guest DiddyCupsDon'tCount

I'd be interested to hear how many of you child care experts, actually have kids of your own?

I'd say the parents were certain, that having something to eat 50 yards away from where their children were sleeping, was perfectly safe.

I'm sure their feeling bad enoug, without some teenage know it alls judging them :angry:

I'd be interested to hear how many of you child care experts, actually have kids of your own?

I'd say the parents were certain, that having something to eat 50 yards away from where their children were sleeping, was perfectly safe.

I'm sure their feeling bad enoug, without some teenage know it alls judging them :angry:

I'm not a teenager I'm 28 and have been around kids my whole life and I would never even think of leaving them along at that age!

And as Stewie Griffin has said if this was unemployed parents who had went across the road to a pub and left their young kids at home and a fire had started they would have been hanged for being daft enough to leave their kids in that situatuon.

I see no difference as in both situations they are leaving young kids alone in a room with no supervision. We arent talking about a fucking dog or a cat but young children here.

I dont think that people should be judging the parents.My son is four and he has only recently started playing in the street by himself.It is a nightmare.What do you do stop them playing.I have had a few panic attacks over him being out himself.Although I do think something is not quite right on this occasion.

It really wouldnt surprise me to find out later that something had happened to the girl earlier in the day, and the child going missing from the room is a cover story for something more sinister.

It really wouldnt surprise me to find out later that something had happened to the girl earlier in the day, and the child going missing from the room is a cover story for something more sinister.

I hope you are wrong.God forbid.But I can see where you are coming from.

I dont think that people should be judging the parents.My son is four and he has only recently started playing in the street by himself.It is a nightmare.What do you do stop them playing.I have had a few panic attacks over him being out himself.Although I do think something is not quite right on this occasion.

You let a four year old play in the street himself??

Makes you wonder dosent it! you cant even have a tv without a licence :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes.Fortunatley enough it is a decent neighbourhood and the street layout means I can keep an eye him.There are boundaries that he is aware of.Most of the time he is round his friends back or vice versa.He plays with around six kids.He is the youngest out of his group.He will be five in July and starts school.Obviously I mointor the situation.It can be difficult to get the balance between safety and freedom.My house looks onto the main area where he plays which is a park.Do you think that is too young a age?

Yes.Fortunatley enough it is a decent neighbourhood and the street layout means I can keep an eye him.There are boundaries that he is aware of.Most of the time he is round his friends back or vice versa.He plays with around six kids.He is the youngest out of his group.He will be five in July and starts school.Obviously I mointor the situation.It can be difficult to get the balance between safety and freedom.My house looks onto the main area where he plays which is a park.Do you think that is too young a age?

There is kids in my street out about 3, but we live in a closed culdesac, If i lived on a main road id not let my kids out probably till they were about 10, every situation is different, it is extremely hard when kids first go out, but you have to let them do it.

There is kids in my street out about 3, but we live in a closed culdesac, If i lived on a main road id not let my kids out probably till they were about 10, every situation is different, it is extremely hard when kids first go out, but you have to let them do it.

Whe we first agreed to do it the wife was crying and i was shitting myself.We live in a quiet area.He is only allowed out when his mates are out ,even now I still panic.However I think you have got to let them go if they are comfortable and streetwise enough.

Edited by seamus

Makes you wonder dosent it! you cant even have a tv without a licence :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you a parent ?What age do you deem appropriate for childern to be allowed out the house on their own? :rolleyes:

Another thing is why would you lock the door and windows and leave the kids in the room,what would have happened if the room went on fire?

Also why aren't the parents back to the holiday place trying to help look for their kid? if they where that worried they would have staid there or caught the next flight back,wouldn't you? :unsure:

11yr old son who is cared for by me & his mother - and I wouldn't leave him alone so I could go out for a meal, anything could happen.

obviously not,why risk it even 50 yards away in this day and age no kid any age is safe left alone

Guest DiddyCupsDon'tCount
Whe we first agreed to do it the wife was crying and i was shitting myself.We live in a quiet area.He is only allowed out when his mates are out ,even now I still panic.However I think you have got to let them go if they are comfortable and streetwise enough.

My son's 13, and he started going out to play around the same age.

I was shitting myself also, but as any parent will tell you, It's very difficult tp watch them every minute of every day, and there has to come a time, when you have to let them do things you'd rather not.

My heart goes out to these people, and it angers me, that some young scrotes on here, with no experience of having kids of their own, are judging them :angry:

It's not like they went out for a night on the town for fucks sake.

They were in the apartment complex 50 yards away, and would have been certain the wee girl would have been safe.

Easy to pass judgement on them now though :angry:

My son's 13, and he started going out to play around the same age.

I was shitting myself also, but as any parent will tell you, It's very difficult tp watch them every minute of every day, and there has to come a time, when you have to let them do things you'd rather not.

My heart goes out to these people, and it angers me, that some young scrotes on here, with no experience of having kids of their own, are judging them :angry:

It's not like they went out for a night on the town for fucks sake.

They were in the apartment complex 50 yards away, and would have been certain the wee girl would have been safe.

Easy to pass judgement on them now though :angry:

Too true.You dont know the minute.

What baffles me is how some people are so judgemental and take the moral high ground when they have not experienced being a parent.Decisions like allowing my son to play in the street was not taken lightly.I am more relaxed when he is in the house.It is acually more hassle when he is out playing.Then some self rightous people are entitled to compare the situation to having a license for a tv. ;)