Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Been long overdue for this thread to turn into the sub for fast food chat IMO.

Pineapple on burgers - better/worse than on pizza?

Pineapple shouldn’t be on a burger. 

I like a blue cheese burger.

6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Check out balut, it's tasty!

I've no doubt - people tend to eat shit like that for a reason.

It's getting my Western gag reflex past the idea that might be tricky, but I'm game.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Pineapple shouldn’t be on a burger. 

I like a blue cheese burger.

Similarly, mold doesn't belong on anything I'll be eating this side of a fifth Conservative term.

On 23/04/2022 at 11:28, BFTD said:

It's getting my Western gag reflex past the idea that might be tricky, but I'm game.

Similarly, mold doesn't belong on anything I'll be eating this side of a fifth Conservative term.

Isn't yeast technically mold? No more bread or pints for you.

I notice the Welsh town of Mold has this pub. You've been misspelt :P

mold.jpg.704c50e9882e8e66355847f68af8e703.jpg

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It has clearly worked and I've already explained why in an earlier post.

Just because something offends some people it doesn't necessarily make it a bad marketing strategy.

What has REALLY helped this guy is the fact that the "outraged" won't stop talking about it. That will certainly push business his way. Using your haters to boost your profile/business/income is a very well-worn and proven strategy.

Except it only seems to be you who keeps talking about it.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Except it only seems to be you who keeps talking about it.

I'll pretend to be outraged if it gets us an old-school Oaksoft Super Sunday screaming meltdown.

Grr. Burger Man bad. How dare he do that thing. Grr.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Just because something offends some people it doesn't necessarily make it a bad marketing strategy.

What has REALLY helped this guy is the fact that the "outraged" won't stop talking about it. That will certainly push business his way. Using your haters to boost your profile/business/income is a very well-worn and proven strategy.

It’s only a good marketing strategy if it pays off and we don’t know if he’s seen an increase or decrease of business as a result.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

First I'm apparently not allowed to laugh at a joke you personally find offensive.

And now you're having a go at me for answering someone's direct question to me?

Are you quite finished trying to control everyone Welshy? I can't recall asking you to even get involved in any of this in the first place.

Laugh at anything you like, obviously, no accounting for taste. It's just that you brought it up again today from a comment @throbber made last week, whilst claiming it's we snowflakes who won't let it drop. The story basically died last week when the advertising authority ruled against it, the burger company promised to never use it again, and the social media companies banned it from their platforms. But you still keep pushing this nonsense that it's a great victory for freedom of speech against the outraged snowflakes. :lol: 

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/the-otley-burger-company-g22-1150545-the-otley-burger-company.html

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This is so true. I remember after Gerald Ratner gave that speech, I felt an irresistible compulsion to go and purchase a set of earrings and a prawn sandwich. It may have cost his business £500 million but, all publicity is good publicity

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Laugh at anything you like, obviously, no accounting for taste. It's just that you brought it up again today from a comment @throbber made last week, whilst claiming it's we snowflakes who won't let it drop. The story basically died last week when the advertising authority ruled against it, the burger company promised to never use it again, and the social media companies banned it from their platforms. But you still keep pushing this nonsense that it's a great victory for freedom of speech against the outraged snowflakes. :lol: 

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/the-otley-burger-company-g22-1150545-the-otley-burger-company.html

Very strange thing for him to argue, basically saying that any attention is good attention for business.

On 23/04/2022 at 18:28, BFTD said:

I have to hold my hand up and say it's disgusting (probably).

7 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

This is so true. I remember after Gerald Ratner gave that speech, I felt an irresistible compulsion to go and purchase a set of earrings and a prawn sandwich. It may have cost his business £500 million but, all publicity is good publicity

Publicity isn't marketing though.  Marketing is with a view to selling more whilst publicity is with a view to getting something talked about.  Whilst the burger van's publicity strategy is undoubtedly successful I'm not so sure about it as a marketing strategy.   

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...