Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

On 24/06/2020 at 17:59, Alternative Title said:

G https://getpocket.com/explore/item/conspiracy-theorists-have-a-fundamental-cognitive-problem-say-scientists?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

The thing is there are different conspiracies. One that the parents were involved, the other that those who think that are bad.

It's not the ones who think the parents may have been involved who I think are misguided, it's the ones who consider any other explanation impossible, and take any minor inconsistency in statements, any conceivable however bizarre conjecture of how they could have hidden the body,  and every bark of a dog, as ironclad evidence of guilt. 

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I follow a twitter woman called Madeline Mcann case tweets which is largely followed by absolute head cases who will argue with you vehemently for days on end, one guy wouldn’t stop talking about the patio doors and how Gerry tampered with them to help fake an abduction and apparently that’s all he ever talks about.

Anyway, their theory is that Maddie died in the apoartment as per Amarals account and then when Gerry bumped into Jeremy wilkins (during the Jane Tanner sighting) Gerry was actually en route  to dispose of the corpse and Wilkins had stopped him in his tracks and as Gerry saw Wilkins approach he stowed Madeleines corpse in a nearby flower bed which the cadaver dogs alerted to in the following weeks/months. He then returned to tapas to alert Kate the plan had been temporarily blocked before going back some minutes later when he walked her through the town, bumped into the Smiths who made a comment about how tired the child must have been to which Gerry ignored and it is suggested Maddie was stored temporarily in the patio of a vacant villa of which there were several in the area and Gerry was there and back within 15 minutes. Gerry would have known they were empty as they had shutters closed and rental signs up and they think  she was moved again at about 6 am when a polis see Gerry on the move around about said vacant apartments. 

The theory at least makes sense albeit not explaining the emotional implications involved in the parents execution of this cover up. 

That's a bit harsh. 

4 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

If they’re head cases why’ve you just repeated their head case theory and said it makes sense? 

The way in which this case seems to have inspired a sub-culture of creepy amateur detectives - clearly evident from some posters on this thread - is bizarre. These folk will be fuming if the German guy is convicted because it means they can no longer indulge in their hobby of accusing the parents of a missing child of killing her. Absolute shower of weirdos.

We could use a Kurt Cobain thread in case this one gets solved to the satisfaction of the authorities.

For anyone who isn't familiar, he was killed by his wife FACT.

What I find bizarre is how people are prepared to accept what the papers print on this case, whilst questioning the intelligence or sanity of people who point to information which proves they are not telling the truth.

This is not a case of amateur detectives piecing together a story from hearsay. It's a case of people drawing attention to the differences between the conclusions of a professional detective and the press manipulation by those close to the McCanns.

Personally, I'd be delighted if Brueckner or anyone else stood trial as it would be the best chance the McCanns would have to clear their name.

What I find bizarre is how people are prepared to accept what the papers print on this case, whilst questioning the intelligence or sanity of people who point to information which proves they are not telling the truth.
This is not a case of amateur detectives piecing together a story from hearsay. It's a case of people drawing attention to the differences between the conclusions of a professional detective and the press manipulation by those close to the McCanns.
Personally, I'd be delighted if Brueckner or anyone else stood trial as it would be the best chance the McCanns would have to clear their name.

You seriously think that would stop the conspiracy theories? They will just change it to the McCann’s handing her over to him to take her away.

Sadly I don’t think we will ever find out what happened to Madeline.

2 hours ago, steelmen said:

You seriously think that would stop the conspiracy theories? They will just change it to the McCann’s handing her over to him to take her away.

The crackpots who have this weird obsession with this case (like those who have dedicated Twitter pages about it and sign up to a Scottish football forum and post only about this) have already decided what happened and nothing will change their minds.  The person who abducted her could have a bodycam on them that recorded absolutely everything from the moment they were born and everything until the present moment and you'd still have zoomers claiming the McCanns did it.

Edited by Highland Capital

Sadly I don’t think we will ever find out what happened to Madeline.

I don't see the investigation carried out by the Portuguese police as a conspiracy theory.

Edited by Alternative Title

1 hour ago, Alternative Title said:

I don't see the investigation carried out by the Portuguese police as a conspiracy theory.

Have they charged the McCanns yet? Seeing as you keep asking if the Germans have charged their boy.

A senior Portuguese police source, who has seen the German evidence against Christian B, has told the BBC it is "very important" and "significant".

The source also rejected criticism that their procedures were slow, amid reports that the German authorities have privately been critical of their Portuguese counterparts.

Another source close to the investigation said Portuguese police accepted that Christian B was now a suspect.

Asked whether they had access to his previous convictions for child sexual offences at the time of Madeleine's disappearance, he said it was important not to judge the past with the benefit of hindsight, and that police systems since then had changed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53043818

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Have they charged the McCanns yet? Seeing as you keep asking if the Germans have charged their boy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53043818we

They haven't cleared them yet, if that's what you're getting at. The case is very much live, but if other law enforcement agencies are coming to them with new leads every year, it would be churlish not to consider them.

Regardless of what anonymous source Clarence dredges up for our supine media to keep the waters muddied.

31 minutes ago, Alternative Title said:

They haven't cleared them yet, if that's what you're getting at. The case is very much live, but if other law enforcement agencies are coming to them with new leads every year, it would be churlish not to consider them.

Regardless of what anonymous source Clarence dredges up for our supine media to keep the waters muddied.

Do you follow Madeline McCann case tweets on Twitter? 

I don’t, but this thread alone has 101 different theories about this case. Some sensible and some extremely far fetched. I get that the McCann’s behaviour and actions can lead people to believe they know more than they have revealed and it’s not how other couples with abducted children act but the only crime, so far, that can be proved against them is they left their kids alone and went out for food/drinks.

3 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I don’t, but this thread alone has 101 different theories about this case. Some sensible and some extremely far fetched. I get that the McCann’s behaviour and actions can lead people to believe they know more than they have revealed and it’s not how other couples with abducted children act but the only crime, so far, that can be proved against them is they left their kids alone and went out for food/drinks.

Which is perfectly acceptable behaviour according to some posters and "they've suffered enough for a 'mistake' "

I agree, there are some whacko theories out there. I go by what Gonzalo Amaral put forward in his book.

It's fair to say that there actions woyid raise eyebrows at least, given that in most cases like theirs it is someone close to the child that did it. That should have been investigated fully but was cut short by tgeyr return to the UK.

For some reason Portugal didn't pursue them and let the Met get involved. My theory is that they said, "this is what we think, but we are willing to let you investigate other avenues ."

Every year, around about time for more funding we have a flurry of stories about them (or now Germany) closing in on a suspect. They always come to nothing.

I would welcome someone being brought to trial so that all the evidence could be heard in court, and papers could report it without fear of a letter from the McCanns lawyers.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Which is perfectly acceptable behaviour according to some posters and "they've suffered enough for a 'mistake' "

Has anybody really said this? (I'm assuming you're just reporting and don't believe that yourself.)

By that logic, if you leave your kids unattended and nothing happens to them, you can be done for neglect. If you leave your kids unattended and they're abducted - clearly an infinitely worse scenario - you get away scott-free.

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Has anybody really said this? (I'm assuming you're just reporting and don't believe that yourself.)

By that logic, if you leave your kids unattended and nothing happens to them, you can be done for neglect. If you leave your kids unattended and they're abducted - clearly an infinitely worse scenario - you get away scott-free.

Have you read this thread? A surprising number of poster seem to think it was quite acceptable - "we've all done it" (no we f****** haven't) - and some have said the McCanns have suffered enough.

I don't see how you extrapolate your second paragraph from that, but the McCanns have indeed got off scot free (in a legal sense, I wouldn't like to have their heads).