Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

20 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

If the parents were wee Shug and Senga from Garthamlock or Wester Hailes, then they'd have been slaughtered by the press et al as being guilty of negligence and would have been hung out to dry.

I posted earlier about how many time’s I’ve heard this almost exact same thing said and both you and Tynie have just said it within a few minutes of each other.

Do you ever wonder to yourself if you were a polis and you met a couple from Wester hailes you might be a bit more sceptical of them than you would be or 2 well presented and well spoken doctors? What do you think public perception would be of a pair from Wester Hailes compared to that of the Mcanns? I still don’t think working class parents would be thrown in jail and have their remaining kids taken off them either if this exact same thing happened to them.

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't imagine any culture where what the McCanns did is normal behaviour.

Well - IIRC - the Portuguese police didn't initially go for a prosecution charge as they deemed us Brits leaving our kids alone as something peculiar to our culture.

I've said in the thread before that we've met couples doing it.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

I posted earlier about how many time’s I’ve heard this almost exact same thing said and both you and Tynie have just said it within a few minutes of each other.

Do you ever wonder to yourself if you were a polis and you met a couple from Wester hailes you might be a bit more sceptical of them than you would be or 2 well presented and well spoken doctors? What do you think public perception would be of a pair from Wester Hailes compared to that of the Mcanns? I still don’t think working class parents would be thrown in jail and have their remaining kids taken off them either if this exact same thing happened to them.

The Alesha McPhail case being a good example. Her dad was selling drugs from the front door and it was one of his disgruntled customers who came back and murdered the wee girl. 

26 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

There was substantially more behind Clarence Mitchell's immediate appointment than just a PR gig.   He was the one behind the "no comment" approach and was instrumental in producing the strategy for the McCanns "world tour" and raking in the "find Maddie" cash.  He was an obstruction to the Portuguese police at every step.

I don't recall him or anyone else of that ilk landing in Kos within 48 hours of Ben Needham being reported missing.

This thread amplifies the vagaries and polar positions of the contributors, but there's nothing wrong with healthy debate or discussion, provided it stays within the acceptable parameters.

You did say this.

45 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Can't see Gordon Brown and his team dropping everything to help/protect/cover up for wee Shug.

Makes it sound like the SBS arrived on the beach to grab the wee mite and bury her at sea. All they did was send someone out to help deal with the media who were frenetic to say the least.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

That epitomises the class differential that exists and has been played out in this scenario.  Because they're "well spoken doctors", they were afforded the full monty of government protection and the approach was "well, they're doctors, so they couldn't possibly have done anything untoward".  The McCanns have max'd this out and some.

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I stopped after page 2 in case I found one of mine..

Turns out my first post is remarkably similar to my last couple of posts ...

On 06/05/2007 at 23:31, Ned Nederlander said:

This is the first time I've read this thread and I must say I'm a bit surprised at the general tone , I doubt anything said would be news to these parents , I reckon they've got a wee inckling that they f'ked up , they've probably mulled it over a few times over the last couple of days :huh:

I really can't possibly imagine just how terrifying this must be for them , it doesn't bear thinking about , and to know all along that things could've been so different :(

I was on holiday a few years ago where a couple left their kids in the room at night whilst they came down for a drink , we sat with a buggy in tow 24/7 and told them that we couldn't do it , they checked every 20 minutes or so ... just to see if the kids had woken or were crying ... not to see if someone had jemmied the shutters open and abducted one of them !

I guess the culprit (either a paedophile or a 'wanabe' mum) was working or staying in the complex and had spotted that little girl during the day and had then noticed what the parents were doing at night ... in that case , the very act of checking on the kids showed the way :(

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You did say this.

Makes it sound like the SBS arrived on the beach to grab the wee mite and bury her at sea. All they did was send someone out to help deal with the media who were frenetic to say the least.

Methinks, mon ami, that we may have very differing views on the why's and what's in this case.  However, i'm open to definitive and de facto evidence to alter my stance - if it is out there.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The words of the FBI profilers would do.

https://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2007/10/criminal-profilng-topic-of-day-who.html

This is an old post not long after the incident occured. There's obviously been so much posted since.

Apologies for delay. First chance I've had to get on the laptop at home and didn't fancy searching all day on my work one.

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

That epitomises the class differential that exists and has been played out in this scenario.  Because they're "well spoken doctors", they were afforded the full monty of government protection and the approach was "well, they're doctors, so they couldn't possibly have done anything untoward".  The McCanns have max'd this out and some.

I think it's a fair point. Who's going to be intelligent and educated enough to become a doctor and then throw it all away by commiting murder?

Spoiler

unnamed.jpg.de386cc3196700e6197322777394e93f.jpg

Edited by Dee Man

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

https://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2007/10/criminal-profilng-topic-of-day-who.html

This is an old post not long after the incident occured. There's obviously been so much posted since.

Apologies for delay. First chance I've had to get on the laptop at home and didn't fancy searching all day on my work one.

Sounds reasonable. I see he doesn't dismiss the idea that she wandered outside and got snatched by a local beast.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds reasonable. I see he doesn't dismiss the idea that she wandered outside and got snatched by a local beast.

She*

No and to be fair I've said to you I definitely see it as possible too. She's been much more vocal about the McCanns guilt in recent years though.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

She*

No and to be fair I've said to you I definitely see it as possible too. She's been much more vocal about the McCanns guilt in recent years though.

As a caveat I can't find anything to suggest that she ever worked for the FBI and she's a regular contributor to Fox News, so I don't entirely discount my scepticism.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

'There are FBI profiles who are certain that the McCanns are guilty as sin' 

Was the quote you gave.

You then post a 2007 summary from a profiler who's opening gambit is as follows.

"To the McCann case; I don't have a clue as to the physical evidence or timeline because of police silence and all the rumors. Therefore it is really hard to actually analyze how the crime went down. But, I will go ahead with what I generally think on the matter."

Be honest mate. There is not any profiler who 13 years later thinks the McCanns are guilty.  It would be dense of them to think that.

As a caveat I can't find anything to suggest that she ever worked for the FBI and she's a regular contributor to Fox News, so I don't entirely discount my scepticism.
If she contributes to Fox News, I'm surprised she hasn't tried to say that Obama or the Clintons killed Maddie.