Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Unreal the headlines in the likes of the Mail and Express demanding to know why the Portuguese police hadn't identified this guy sooner. They did as "good" a job as UK forces despite MILLIONS being spent by UK police forces over the years keeping an investigation going that also failed to throw up this chap. Would love to know how many working hours have been spent by officers in Portugal by uk forces? Good thing the Germans are on the ball.

I wonder how many Portuguese children have gone missing in the last ten years and how many man hours they spent looking for them in comparison.

54 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't think it's a question of really being 'water tight' or not, there's a bit of a grey area in the science when it comes to assessing their capabilities and at times, they've proven to have made themselves very useful in directing where an investigation should go. If you're deploying them with no appreciation of that limit though (or indeed the lack of a limit with sometimes their abilities being so good to pick up on things from hundreds of years ago), it's not a good usage.

Re the Gilroy case, I didn't actually know a lot about that apart from the mentions in the Margaret Fleming case. From reading the appeal here and section 63, it looks like the court ruled that the dogs were 1 of 7 bits of evidence used and there was another point about statements he made that could have possibly been inadmissible (but the appeal court didn't feel the need to rule on that). It looks like him being caught going on long trips away with his car (CCTV) to Argyll and subsequent cover ups etc were probably the most compelling parts of the story.

Thanks, I'm sorry I can't point you towards the arguments that support the dogs. I spent too much time obsessing over the case, and posted long pieces last year.

For me, the McCanns lost the opportunity to put the record straight when they refused to co operate with the PJ and fled the country with undue haste.

The dog alerts definitely raised questions, and it is significant that they alerted in different locations. Saying the Portuguese police were fitting them up was a bit rich on their behalf. It was the British police that supplied the dogs.

On this latest revelation it looks to be another one in a series of "final leads", that Peter out. The sole purpose is to direct people away from the parents.

They often coincide with uncomfortable revelations from Portugal. I think we will have a clearer indication of the direction of travel in the next few weeks

A trial is not going to paint the McCanns in a good light. Believers in high level conspiracies will probably predict that a suicide or assassination will be the guy named's destiny

Thanks for a civil discussion on the subject.

48 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Unreal the headlines in the likes of the Mail and Express demanding to know why the Portuguese police hadn't identified this guy sooner. They did as "good" a job as UK forces despite MILLIONS being spent by UK police forces over the years keeping an investigation going that also failed to throw up this chap. Would love to know how many working hours have been spent by officers in Portugal by uk forces? Good thing the Germans are on the ball.

Team McCann's strategy has always been: use the abandonment by the parents to distract from what they did next; rubbish the Portuguese police often using disgusting racism; portray Portugal as being soft on paedophilia; play up "sitings" that take the scent away from PdL; use litigation to intimidate newspapers and the media.

We have already seen some of these and can expect the full set before this blows over.

1 minute ago, Alternative Title said:

Team McCann's strategy has always been: use the abandonment by the parents to distract from what they did next; rubbish the Portuguese police often using disgusting racism; portray Portugal as being soft on paedophilia; play up "sitings" that take the scent away from PdL; use litigation to intimidate newspapers and the media.

We have already seen some of these and can expect the full set before this blows over.

You should take a break from this and start looking into the Nairn banker assassination. Loads of rabbit holes in that one and some very dodgy people with a lot to lose.

Reading the online reports yesterday and today about this German suspect, one thing that jumped out for me was regarding his telephone records at the time Maddie was murdered by her parents reported as being abducted.  The reports claim his full telephone records from that time have him in the vicinity/town on days prior to and on the day itself.  Compelling, if they can tie his geographical locations with his specific movements.

If i remember correctly, was there not an unexplained void in McCann's telephone records where his phone had been switched off for a number of hours ??  I seem to remember the last known locations, pre-switch off, had him heading away into the remote wilderness inland of Praia.  His tennis bag mysteriously went "missing" around the same time.

With modern, updated technology, i'm sure if someone wanted to revisit the telephones aspect, then maybe McCann's records and movements would go some way to maybe nailing this one way or another.  

20 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Reading the online reports yesterday and today about this German suspect, one thing that jumped out for me was regarding his telephone records at the time Maddie was murdered by her parents reported as being abducted.  The reports claim his full telephone records from that time have him in the vicinity/town on days prior to and on the day itself.  Compelling, if they can tie his geographical locations with his specific movements.

If i remember correctly, was there not an unexplained void in McCann's telephone records where his phone had been switched off for a number of hours ??  I seem to remember the last known locations, pre-switch off, had him heading away into the remote wilderness inland of Praia.  His tennis bag mysteriously went "missing" around the same time.

With modern, updated technology, i'm sure if someone wanted to revisit the telephones aspect, then maybe McCann's records and movements would go some way to maybe nailing this one way or another.  

Not sure if they could accurately locate people with phone data back then, maybe just to the vicinity of a mast?

Edited by welshbairn

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You should take a break from this and start looking into the Nairn banker assassination. Loads of rabbit holes in that one and some very dodgy people with a lot to lose.

Do you think that's one of those ones where the police know exactly what happened but for one reason or another (eg the type of people involved) they won't feed out much to the media? 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Do you think that's one of those ones where the police know exactly what happened but for one reason or another (eg the type of people involved) they won't feed out much to the media? 

If I told you I'd be putting both of us in serious danger. It's probably something boring like they don't know who did it. They might have an idea who ordered it though, and are keeping it under wraps until they find the hitman/evidence. With all the thieving and corruption that went on in the Bank of Scotland in the years leading up to the crash there could be a long list of suspects if the victim had the dirt on them.

I can never see past the fact the mum came back to the group screaming "they've taken her".

Who? Why is that your first suspicion?

My kids often play out the front on their scooters. The first time my son wasn't there when I looked I assumed the little b*****d decided to go around the block (which he had). It didn't even occur to me that he could have been snatched.

If I told you I'd be putting both of us in serious danger. It's probably something boring like they don't know who did it. They might have an idea who ordered it though, and are keeping it under wraps until they find the hitman/evidence. With all the thieving and corruption that went on in the Bank of Scotland in the years leading up to the crash there could be a long list of suspects if the victim had the dirt on them.
Is that the case which involved a note being handed to the bloke before he was shot? Always been intrigued as to what the note said and the reason why it's never been made public

Just get into the Epstein murder which has bigger stakes and clearer cases of serious foul play than any of these ones. Link them into Epstein as well given the events of summer 2019 should’ve made everyone realise that elite sicko depravity runs rampant in society.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Just get into the Epstein murder which has bigger stakes and clearer cases of serious foul play than any of these ones. Link them into Epstein as well given the events of summer 2019 should’ve made everyone realise that elite sicko depravity runs rampant in society.

Thing about Epstein is that he was about the most likely man on the planet to top himself. He'd managed to get another 12 years of luxurious freedom and was now going to be banged up for life in Federal prison. Think he'd already tried a week or so before. Just because there's a whole list of likely suspects it doesn't mean they did it. Maybe he paid off the guards himself.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I would say the position of the lead detective on the case in 2007 is pretty clear. Gonzalo Amaral said he thought the child died by accident and the parents faked an abduction.

It's telling that the McCanns face ruin due to their unsuccessful bid to sue him for libel was thrown out by the Portuguese courts.

My personal feeling is that this latest story is consistent with what they have been doing since 2007. The least our press could do is follow it up, but the lack of attempts to gather information in Portugal and Germany is pretty poor.

Thankfully Carter-Ruck does not have the same influence in other countries.

https://amp.tvnz.co.nz/news/story/JTJGY29udGVudCUyRnR2bnolMkZvbmVuZXdzJTJGc3RvcnklMkYyMDIwJTJGMDYlMkYwNSUyRm1jY2Fubi1wb2RjYXN0LW1hbg==?__twitter_impression=true

No forensic evidence when he was investigated in 2007 and discounted by the PJ. We can expect further stories discrediting Amaral soon.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Thing about Epstein is that he was about the most likely man on the planet to top himself. He'd managed to get another 12 years of luxurious freedom and was now going to be banged up for life in Federal prison. Think he'd already tried a week or so before. Just because there's a whole list of likely suspects it doesn't mean they did it. Maybe he paid off the guards himself.

Agreed, we’ll never know for sure but I’d say on the balance of probabilities Epstein did kill himself.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I can never see past the fact the mum came back to the group screaming "they've taken her".

Who? Why is that your first suspicion?

My kids often play out the front on their scooters. The first time my son wasn't there when I looked I assumed the little b*****d decided to go around the block (which he had). It didn't even occur to me that he could have been snatched.

It is a worry when people are willing to ignore a complete lack of evidence and the extreme far fetchedness of an allegation because someone said something odd in the heat of the moment which didn’t chime with what they assume would be their own reaction in a different set of circumstances.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think it was round about that time I began to encourage my missus to answer the door every time the door bell rang.