Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Watched 4 episodes of it so far.  The Portuguese press and police are not interested in finding her, all they care about, to this day, is proving Gerry and Kate were involved.

They got a bit pissed off having to spend all their budget and man hours on trying to find Maddie at the cost of finding missing Portuguese children, due to political and media  pressure from London.

Watched the Netflix series, interesting stuff but haven’t changed my mind. Think she woke up, perhaps distressed, wandered out of an unlocked door, disorientated looking for her parents and was snatched by an opportunist with wrongful intentions, never to be seen again. Wrong place, wrong time. Don’t think the McCanns had anything directly to do with her disappearance, other than their obvious neglect and downright carelessness.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Watched the Netflix series, interesting stuff but haven’t changed my mind. Think she woke up, perhaps distressed, wandered out of an unlocked door, disorientated looking for her parents and was snatched by an opportunist with wrongful intentions, never to be seen again. Wrong place, wrong time. Don’t think the McCanns had anything directly to do with her disappearance, other than their obvious neglect and downright carelessness.

No luck, stumbling into the world's luckiest paedophile the only night you venture out.

No luck, stumbling into the world's luckiest paedophile the only night you venture out.

Research conducted by the NCA back in 2015 reported that 1 in 35 men in the UK have paedophilic tendencies. Would it be hugely different in Portugal and therefore not such an uncommon occurrence?

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Research conducted by the NCA back in 2015 reported that 1 in 35 men in the UK have paedophilic tendencies. Would it be hugely different in Portugal and therefore not such an uncommon occurrence?

And of those 1 in 35 how many who would put their tendencies in to action and also have the fortune for a lone toddler to cross their path at night?

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was about to post the same thing. What an utterly bizarre theory. A three year old wakes up, strolls our into the street and is unlucky enough to meet a paedophile casually wandering about outside hoping he stumbles across a child with no guardian.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Fucking hell, if that's right, that's a worrying statistic. A lot higher than I would've expected. 

I recently did an online sex offenders search to see if there were any in the local area and was sent a photograph of some c**t with my name watermarked right across his mugshot. For a brief moment I had visions of a lynch mob attacking my house due to mistaken identity until I realised it was to identify me if I shared the image. 

How would they know this? Did they put 35 men in a room and ask them? Did one guy then put his hand up?
Did only 34 men leave the room?

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

You only need to look at tabloid coverage of female child actors as they go through puberty to know paedophilia is uncomfortably widespread.

Remember the Brass Eye special taking the piss out of how the media cover paedophilia stories? It was the one where Doc Cox said "paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact—there's no real evidence for it—but it is scientific fact" and Phil Collins said "I'm talking Nonce sense!"

Anyway one of the tabloids ripped the programme to shreds and said paedophilia was nothing to laugh about. On the facing page was a photo of Charlotte Church, who was fifteen at the time, with a caption essentially saying "Phwoaarr - get a load of those!"

And of those 1 in 35 how many who would put their tendencies in to action and also have the fortune for a lone toddler to cross their path at night?

I’m not suggesting that someone was purposefully on the prowl that evening Serge, rather that she unfortunately presented herself as an opportunity to someone, who made a snap decision to do her harm, instead of returning her to safety. It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility nowadays sadly.

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I’m not suggesting that someone was purposefully on the prowl that evening Serge, rather that she unfortunately presented herself as an opportunity to someone, who made a snap decision do her harm, instead of returning her to safety. It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility nowadays sadly.

No, but it's among the least likely.

25 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Remember the Brass Eye special taking the piss out of how the media cover paedophilia stories? It was the one where Doc Cox said "paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact—there's no real evidence for it—but it is scientific fact" and Phil Collins said "I'm talking Nonce sense!"

Anyway one of the tabloids ripped the programme to shreds and said paedophilia was nothing to laugh about. On the facing page was a photo of Charlotte Church, who was fifteen at the time, with a caption essentially saying "Phwoaarr - get a load of those!"

Were there not at least a couple of papers who had a countdown until she was 16?

Very, very creepy and fucked up. Tabloids are noncey as f**k.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don’t know if I ever mentioned that I have a degree in history. It was mainly about how to evaluate source material etc. The retired detectives who investigated the evidence at the time and went to the resort, looked at the various theories etc started off with the knowledge that 75% of the time it’s a family member responsible. Once they’d looked at the evidence and theories of what has happened they bumped it up to 90%+ that a family member was behind the disappearance.

12 years of PR, spin and quacks being paid to discredit evidence and folk changing their story doesn’t really make a sound basis for finding out what happened. 

How would they know this? Did they put 35 men in a room and ask them? Did one guy then put his hand up?

Did only 34 men leave the room?

How do medical researchers calculate the prevalence of any other psychiatric disorder?

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Were there not at least a couple of papers who had a countdown until she was 16?

Very, very creepy and fucked up. Tabloids are noncey as f**k.

That was Lindsay Dawn McKenzie in the Sunday or Daily Sport. Literally counting down the days until she was 16 so they could legally show her tits. I remember thinking at the time that it wasn't quite right. That paper was purchased exclusively by sweaty sex offenders. 

I wonder if the people who say a countdown to a 16 year old being topless is as disgusting if it happened in a country where the age of consent is 12, or perhaps some of the less liberal countries where its 21.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's number one on my list, what's yours? Number 2 would require arresting all the Tapas crowd and interrogating them in separate rooms, although they would have probably ironed out any inconsistencies by now. 

45 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Sorry to quote you again but child disappearances are incredibly unlikely anyway. Doubt if there's enough to create a database to rule out anything as being beyond the realms of possibility.