Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

10 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm 2 down and so far they're very much suggesting a paedo nicked her.

Nobody suggesting foul play from the McCanns and they very much suggested they did nothing wrong and we all do the same thing when on holiday

That starts to change in episode 3.

35 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I'm really enjoying it.

And as I said on the Netflix thread, the fact that a couple of the Portuguese journos are absolute wids is a bonus.

Worth it then? Quite fancy spending the evening in Portugal.

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I’m only at episode 4 but it paints a very bad picture of the McCann’s so far. I’ve always had my doubts about them but after what I’ve seen so far they must have had some involvement in what happened. 

Spoiler

They turn out to be her parents.

Spoiler

Really. They are.

42 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

How could she notice Maddie was missing and immediately shout “they’ve taken her!” And not “Madeleine is gone/missing” very suspicious IMHO 

Exactly what me and my wife said.

Reminded me of George Bush at 9/11 taking about 5 seconds to know who was attacking America and being in no doubt.

26 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The 2 Spaniels are fair making a pure c**t of Kate and Gerry.

Was never aware Gerry didn't want the dogs brought in. Wonder why?

Who let the dogs out?

28 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'm 5 episodes in to this and, while I don't think they necessarily done her in, the parents & the Tapas 7 know more than they're letting on. 

Always found it strange that there was not more investigation into their friends in the Tapas bar. Maybe one of them did it. Didn't get much from it other than that the Portuguese were spending so much money and resources on the Maddy case they had f**k all left to investigate other missing children cases with probably more chance of success. I'm still 50/50 but they'd have to be fucking good actors to have topped her and got rid of the body. 

Edited by welshbairn

The thing that makes me think they weren’t involved is having that Crimewatch programme after the whole furore had gone quiet.

Edit - well that, and the complete lack of substantive evidence they were I suppose.

Edited by The OP

Covering old ground, but the amount of people on social media banging the “If the parents wiz from a council estate they wid be in jail for neglect” drum is mind numbing.

The reaction to the documentary (which admittedly I’ve not seen) seems like a good example of our current tendency (as a society) to watch an incredibly partial documentary and think we have cracked a case. The first and worst example of this was Making a Murderer.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

Covering old ground, but the amount of people on social media banging the “If the parents wiz from a council estate they wid be in jail for neglect” drum is mind numbing.

The reaction to the documentary (which admittedly I’ve not seen) seems like a good example of our current tendency (as a society) to watch an incredibly partial documentary and think we have cracked a case. The first and worst example of this was Making a Murderer.

The documentary just does the usual thing of bouncing from one side to the other and ending with "perhaps we'll never know". Does a very good job of seamlessly editing from archive footage, current interviews and actor reconstruction. Puts a lot of the stuff we heard into context and made me think the media frenzy did a lot of damage to the case, and to other cases that had to be ignored because of it. Worth a watch imo. Some vile characters and some cruelly vilified to spice up the narrative.