Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

It's important that they secure the funding now.
With Brexit coming up, they might not be able to afford to investigate in Portugal, and will have to stick to crimes closer to home.

Id sincerely doubt that if it was up to the Met they’d actually want to continue the enquiry unless they were close to conclusion, I agree that its unfair on families in other cases who don’t happen to have access to the media and politicians. Looking back over the things which have come out as this has progressed I can’t believe the family haven’t been charged with some kind of child neglect at the very least!
Brexit will absolutely f**k foreign police enquiries, many will say ‘well look at the money waster on the Mccann investigation’ and whilst I agree there have been many successful but less covered by the media joint investigations.

No the funds were directly given by central government for purposes of that investigation, it was quite well publicised when the Met took over the enquiry because there was a similar outcry.
I'd rather my taxes went to crime prevention in the UK instead of golfing holidays.

Lets get it un ring fenced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So pleased for the boys out there in the Algarve.

Given that the Met have been blaming escalating knife crime in black communities in London on government cutbacks ,there must have been genuine fears they would all be drafted back there.

They must be elated at this injection of £150k. Just put yourself in their shoes. Would you rather be swanning around in Praia de Luz, looking for clues for missing Maddy, or tackling some drug crazed blacks armed with knives in Shepherds Bush?

11 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Given that the Met have been blaming escalating knife crime in black communities in London on government cutbacks ,there must have been genuine fears they would all be drafted back there.

They must be elated at this injection of £150k. Just put yourself in their shoes. Would you rather be swanning around in Praia de Luz, looking for clues for missing Maddy, or tackling some drug crazed blacks armed with knives in Shepherds Bush?

Shepherds Bush is quite a nice area. Good shopping at Westfield, excellent transport links to the Central Line and Overground throughout London.

My brother lives in Shepherds Bush. He wasn't black last time I saw him though.

1 minute ago, The Marly said:
14 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

When did you last see him?

48 minutes ago, The Marly said:
15 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That implies he's drug crazed and armed with a knife, though.