Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

THE FERBANE MAN, NEWCASTLE, 3.20

latest 2nd in a Novice race at Warwick is good enough form to win this one. Young, talented Sam Thomas on board is a positive

was going well but blundered 5 out and never recovered!

How's this for a win!!...

A SMALL-stakes racegoer at Exeter bagged himself £1.4m when scooping Tuesday's monster Tote Jackpot after Lupita, the only horse covered in the final leg of the bet, recorded a narrow victory.

Steve Whiteley, a heating engineer, came forward to claim the life-changing sum of money, which was won from just a £2 bet.

The pool reached £2,035,538 by the start of the first leg at 2.30pm, the third biggest in the history of the Jackpot.

Big-priced winners, including two at 16-1, meant only seven units remained after leg four and that was reduced to one final unitafter 5-1 chance Lundy Sky upset 5-6 favourite Glitzy D'Ocala in the penultimate leg.

That set up a fascinating finale, with the hopes resting on Lupita, a seven-year-old mare, whose last victory came on the Flat at Bath in 2008, when trained by Brendan Powell.

I saw them talking about this on ATR 15 minutes before the last leg at Exeter and the commentator was completely ruling out the chances of him landing the jackpot because his last horse was 12/1. Amazing stuff, £1.4 million return for a £2 stake!! The winning distance was only about half a length or so, can you imagine how he must've been feeling as they came to the line

And of course, how did he choose the horse that everything was riding on?....

Why did I pick the last one? Lodge is just a name that sticks in my head. I didn't know anything about her. I'm not a horse racing man, I only go once or twice a year.

Aye, rub it in mate :lol:

Edited by cityfan

Had trouble narrowing it down today, so have quite a few bets on.

e/w Singles & e/w Double:

2.10 Profit's Reality @ 13/2

2.40 Tudor Prince @ 8/1

RF & Singles:

4.10 Steel City Boy @ 9/2

4.10 Thoughtsofstardom @ 10/1 (e/w)

Singles & Double:

6.00 Lytham @ 4/1

7.30 Sir Boss @ 7/2