Hillwalking Thread

Ten points if anyone can name this hill.

Is that the wall between glas maol and creag leacachd

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited to say thats a ridiculous answer im blaming the size of my phone screen. Os it in scotland?

Edited by invergowrie arab

Did Carn a' Chlamain from Old Bridge of Tilt car park last Monday.

A plod and a half - had the whole hill to myself, took nearly three and a half hours.

Good views of Beinn a' Ghlo, but I doubt very much I'll be back to this one.

Did Carn a' Chlamain from Old Bridge of Tilt car park last Monday.

A plod and a half - had the whole hill to myself, took nearly three and a half hours.

Good views of Beinn a' Ghlo, but I doubt very much I'll be back to this one.

One of those ones where a mountain bike comes in very handy for the approach.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely weekend in Torridon there. Made it up Beinn Alligin on Saturday, a but grey, but clear summits and ideal conditions for scrambling about in. Second time I've climbed it, anticlockwise this time, which I think is better than doing it clockwise.

post-21367-13776847628884_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ring of Steall in the Mamores Sunday past. Fantastic day to do one of the classic ridge walks in Scotland. Very atmospheric as well with the stags roaring. Took me 8 1/2 hours although the Walk Highland website days over 9 IIRC. A few scrambles but nothing too technical, brutal descent from Sgurr a'Mhaim though and the 2.5 km road walk to finish isn't much fun!

post-21367-13819184653595_thumb.jpg

post-21367-1381918513263_thumb.jpg

post-21367-1381918558901_thumb.jpg

post-21367-1381918591154_thumb.jpg

The mamores are my favourite hills in Scotland. Sitting here with a fucked knee champing at the bit to get out.not much of a winter walker so can see me being low level until next year now.

The Mamores are fantastic, so many different combinations of routes you can attempt, even better over a few days.

• 4 weeks later...

First day out of the winter on Sunday and what a fine day it was. Me a'Choire Leith and Meall Corranaich from Glen Lyon. Not the most taxing day but hills looking superb under a fine covering of snow. Hope it's the sign of things to come over the winter.

post-21367-13842562695409_thumb.jpg

post-21367-13842562961447_thumb.jpg

Edited by Desert Nomad

One of those ones where a mountain bike comes in very handy for the approach.

Yeah, am putting that on the "one day....." list.

It was quite an experience after three and a half hours to see the summit come into view....and see a car parked below it. No one was around to hear my exclamations, thankfully.

Think it was a deer stalker most likely.

Fine weekend in Glen Coe, Saturday turned out decent after a dismal start, Sunday was awesome.

Did Stob Dubh at the far end of the Buachaille Etive Mor ridge on Saturday, had a braw time and took my time to enjoy it. didn't do the other munro, gives me a good excuse to come back and do the ridge in the summer.

post-15829-0-36406200-1384457215_thumb.j

On Sunday a bunch of us went up the Corbett outside the Kingshouse, Beinn a'Chrulaiste. Probably the best views I've ever had from a mountain. Stunning stuff.

post-15829-0-97050200-1384457278_thumb.j