Win Counter

orlandoblue

16 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

BB why on earth have you £2k sitting in that account??

Stops me spending it. Usually bet365 will allow up till about 3k and then they'll stop the account from betting any more than £1 a time. 

Reverse psychology for me! If I've got quantities in the account I get it emptied. I've had it in the past where I've had money lying in my account and it doesn't seem quite as 'real' (if that makes sense) and am therefore tempted to be putting random £5 bets on horses when in the pub. (Which inevitably lose more often than they win). Have learned an expensive lesson there but credit to you and your willpower.

Between Wimbledon, The Open and last nights football I've racked up £600-odd quid in the last few weeks, the account has now been reduced to a small float, money transferred back to me and I'll go lift and stash it and keep it for a rainy day.

I have a maxim offered by a wise old man many years ago that 'if you can't touch it, fold it, feel it or count it, it's not real'. Seemingly now a very old fashioned viewpoint!

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Reverse psychology for me! If I've got quantities in the account I get it emptied. I've had it in the past where I've had money lying in my account and it doesn't seem quite as 'real' (if that makes sense) and am therefore tempted to be putting random £5 bets on horses when in the pub. (Which inevitably lose more often than they win). Have learned an expensive lesson there but credit to you and your willpower.

Between Wimbledon, The Open and last nights football I've racked up £600-odd quid in the last few weeks, the account has now been reduced to a small float, money transferred back to me and I'll go lift and stash it and keep it for a rainy day.

I have a maxim offered by a wise old man many years ago that 'if you can't touch it, fold it, feel it or count it, it's not real'. Seemingly now a very old fashioned viewpoint!

Yeah I still do the odd random bet myself. Such as last night - I put on that £10 double shortly before our game kicked off, despite having no clue about East Fife. Got lucky. 

But generally my bets all come from tipsters (check out Secretbettingclub.com). I bet on the horses every day even though I know fck all about horses. I have about £15k strewn across various bookies accounts at the moment. Just don't tell my wife. 

It's all about a mindset of treating betting as a source of income. Follow the few tipsters who know what they're doing, only place a bet if the odds are "value", and never do mug betting. Downside is most bookies eventually restrict you as they don't like people who make money. 
Edited by BinoBalls

On 26/07/2017 at 12:24, BinoBalls said:

Yeah I still do the odd random bet myself. Such as last night - I put on that £10 double shortly before our game kicked off, despite having no clue about East Fife. Got lucky. 

But generally my bets all come from tipsters (check out Secretbettingclub.com). I bet on the horses every day even though I know fck all about horses. I have about £15k strewn across various bookies accounts at the moment. Just don't tell my wife. 

It's all about a mindset of treating betting as a source of income. Follow the few tipsters who know what they're doing, only place a bet if the odds are "value", and never do mug betting. Downside is most bookies eventually restrict you as they don't like people who make money. 

Do you have much in the way of setup costs once you take the subscription for sbc, or do you tend to follow the free tipsters they suggest? Thank you.

On 29/07/2017 at 12:32, jagfox99 said:

Do you have much in the way of setup costs once you take the subscription for sbc, or do you tend to follow the free tipsters they suggest? Thank you.

Well joining SBC isn't necessary but it does give good unbiased reviews of the tipsters out there. 

I follow 2 free ones - Hugh Taylor and Ben Linfoot. Both are on Twitter and alert when tips are up. But you have literally 30 seconds to get Hugh Taylor's tips on before the odds are slashed. 

The rest cost money. I pay for another 3.  Nothern Monkey is a very good horse racing tipster who doesn't cost a lot. (http://www.northernmonkeypunter.co.uk/)

The other 2 I follow are a bit more pricey. 

There are football tipsters out there too but it's harder to get an edge on the market with football so the potential profit isn't as high as with horse racing. 

Had a fiver on mcbookie special of Milan, Bilbao and Everton all to win to nil at 13/2.
Also had a treble on three horses. First two came in.
Cash out offered £40ish for a fiver. Cashed out.
Last horse won :(

10 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Decided to bet on Aldershot to win 2-0 each game this season. Today came in at 11/1. Would post a picture but I have a 2MB limit and the picture is 3.6MB. 

Fun idea, might do something similar. Shame you can't get score bets in the Highland League, a few 8-1's could do quite well.

41 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

The first bet, on the Celtic game, recouped my losses from midweek and bets that didn't come in today. The rest was pure profit - cracking start to the season.

Bet 1.png

Bet 2.png

bet 3.png

Not bad for a days work.