The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

From the Leeds OS:-

New Leeds United owners GFH Capital are urging fans to get down to Elland Road on Saturday to kick off a new era in the club's history against Middlesborough. GFH Capital Executives David Haigh and Salem Patel joined CEO Shaun Harvey at an Elland Road press conference on Friday morning and spoke of their desire to "re-engage with the fans."

"We want to re-engage with the fans," said David. "We see that as being very important. We've had a lot of interaction with them, and the show of support has been amazing.

"Wednesday was a fantastic atmosphere against Chelsea and we hope Leeds fans see this as a fresh start and as an opportunity to get back to Elland Road to cheer on the teamlb_icon1.png they love."

The new owners were meeting Neil Warnock's squad on Friday afternoon ahead of the clashicon1.png with Boro at Elland Road.

Michael Tonge will play the final gamelb_icon1.png of his loan spell, and with no new injury worries, the manager was relishing the visit of promotion chasing Boro.

"It's been another big 48 hours for the clublb_icon1.png with the Chelsea game and the takeover announcement, and now we're playing Yorkshire's form team on Saturday," said the boss.

"Tony Mowbray has done well at Middlesbrough and this is a great game for us to start the Christmas period with."

Forest: Camp, Hutton, Ward, Collins ©, Halford, Cohen, Guedioura, Majewski, Reid, Blackstock, Sharp. Subs: Lansbury, Gillett, Darlow, Harding, Moussi, McGugan, Cox.

United: Kenny, Byram, Tate, Lees, Drury, Green, Brown, Austin, Thomas, Becchio, Diouf. Subs: Ashdown, Varney, McCormack, Pearce, Norris, Somma, White.

Accounts 2012:-

Leeds United Football Club Limited ('Leeds United') is the primary wholly owned subsidiary of Leeds City Holdings Limited ('Holdings').

The financial year end for both companies is 30th June 2012.

Leeds United Football Clublb_icon1.png Limited

Headlines

2012 2011

Turnover: £31,080,000 £32,678,000

Operating Profit: (£3,348,000) £939,000

Overall Profit: £317,000 £3,504,000

• Turnover decreased by 4.9% in the period.

• Gate receipts decreased by 10.6% in the period to £11,368,000 which represents 36.6% of turnover.

• First Team Squad and Management costs were £12,869,000 compared to £11,614,000 in the previous period in the Championshiplb_icon1.png and represents 41.4% of turnover.

• Leeds United employed an average of 213 full time employees during the period compared to 207 in the previous period. In addition, 667 casual part time people were employed.

Leeds City Holdings Limited (Consolidated)

Headlines

2012 2011

Turnover: £33,097,000 £34,475,000

Operating Profit: (£4,193,000) £509,000

Overall Profit: (£536,000) £2,988,000

• These figures include the accounts for Leeds United Media Limited, Yorkshire Radio Limited, Leeds United Centenary Pavilion Limited and Leeds United Footballlb_icon1.png Club Limited.

• 2 weeks later...

Leeds United have completed the signing of Stoke City midfielder Michael Tonge.

The 29-year-old has joined on a two-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Tonge returns to the club after a successful loan spell that saw him make 22 appearances between September and December.

He also scored five goals during his loan spell, including stunning strikes from distance at both Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday.

United boss Neil Warnock was delighted to complete the signing of a player who he sees having a pivotal role to play.

"Tongey showed what an important member of the squad he is," said the boss.

"I'm delighted we've been able to agree things with Stoke to bring him here permanently.

"I think people saw Michael get better as time went on and you could see what he brought to the side."

Leeds United have completed the signing of Stoke City midfielder Michael Tonge.

The 29-year-old has joined on a two-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Tonge returns to the club after a successful loan spell that saw him make 22 appearances between September and December.

He also scored five goals during his loan spell, including stunning strikes from distance at both Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday.

United boss Neil Warnock was delighted to complete the signing of a player who he sees having a pivotal role to play.

"Tongey showed what an important member of the squad he is," said the boss.

"I'm delighted we've been able to agree things with Stoke to bring him here permanently.

"I think people saw Michael get better as time went on and you could see what he brought to the side."

Good to see that Warnock has a bit of imagination when it comes to nicknames.

England U21 makes loan move... 0,,10273%7E11555336,00.jpgLeeds United have completed the loan signing of Everton's Ross Barkley for an initial period until February 12.

The 19-year-old midfielder has already tasted Championship action this season while on loan at fellow Yorkshire side Sheffield Wednesday. Before linking back up with his parent club in mid-November Ross made 13 appearances for the Owls, scoring four goals.

Ross, who has made his way through the Everton Academy, put pen to paper on his first professional contract at the age of 17. He has since extended that deal and he is currently contracted to Everton until 2016.

Midfielder Barkley has represented England at Under-16, 17 and 19 levels and is a current England Under 21 international.

The 19-year-old played a key role for England in last summer's Under-19 European Championships in Estonia. England reached the semi-final stage of the tournament, losing out to Greece who eventually lost in the final to Spain.

United Manager Neil Warnock spoke of his delight at signing one of England's young talents on loan.

"I'm absolutely delighted to get Ross and I'd like to welcome him to the club," said Neil. "He had four other clubs after him so I'm delighted he's come to us"

"I've wanted to sign him for a long time now, I remember watching him when he played for Everton against QPR in the Premier League.

"He's got a great attitude and I have no doubt that he will end up a top player.

"The deal works well for both parties as he will gain experience here and he is a great addition to our squad."

How is Colin Wanker still in a job? My mate who supports the Whites has lost interest until he gets the boot. Is this a common feeling amongst Leeds fans or do some think he can turn it around?