The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Leeds fans are one if the several scummy groups of fans from the seventies and eighties that have hillsborough blood on their hands because they made fences and riot policing seem like a reasonable response. Read lots of preachy stuff on hillsborough thread about how police policy was to treat football fans like animals ....but an easy strategy would have been not to behave like animals. Talksport had debate few weeks ago about how hooliganism was dead now and footy fans should be treated like Olympic or rugby fans but that simply isn't the case sadly.even when its prevented in stadia it still occurs around towns n cities

I'm more than happy to have a glance at this alleged incident if you post a link.

To be fair to the Leeds support they're not the most vile and pathetic fans in England. They're only second from the top.

The incident is well documented, you don't need me to post a link just ask google.

I've seen a few players assaulted by fans first hand in recent years, Casper Ankergren the keeper now at Brighton was on the receiving end at the Den as was Shane Lowry up at Carlisle. I only mentioned Clint Hill as it was recent & at SWFC.

The Hearts fan on this thread seems keen to dish it out but given the attempted assault on an opposition manger at Hearts in recent years it seems to me at least a case of pot calling kettle black.

I'll leave the formulation of vile league fans to others, in the 80's the the flag and the bull dog did that sort of thing.

Leeds fans are one if the several scummy groups of fans from the seventies and eighties that have hillsborough blood on their hands because they made fences and riot policing seem like a reasonable response. Read lots of preachy stuff on hillsborough thread about how police policy was to treat football fans like animals ....but an easy strategy would have been not to behave like animals. Talksport had debate few weeks ago about how hooliganism was dead now and footy fans should be treated like Olympic or rugby fans but that simply isn't the case sadly.even when its prevented in stadia it still occurs around towns n cities

Give your head a shake.

You've had plenty of opportunities to post a link to this alleged incident.

Grasping as straws James I'm afraid. Lots of info public, if you want to keep the blinkers on that's up to you. I'm a lot of things Jimmy but I'm not a bull shitter,

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/eight-fans-arrested-as-sheffield-wednesday-relegated-1-857006

Published on Tuesday 4 May 2010 07:53 A TOTAL of eight football fans were arrested by police after violence flared following Sheffield Wednesday's relegation from the Championship at the weekend.

Police made seven arrests arrests for violent disorder and one for assault.

The Football Association is expected to launch an inquiry into the crowd trouble.

Crystal Palace player Clint Hill was assaulted by fans as he left the field after Wednesday were relegated from the Championship as a result of their 2-2 draw with Palace in the last game of the season.

While Palace players were celebrating, fans ran on to the pitch, clashing with rival supporters, police and stewards.

Violence continued outside as yobs hurled missiles at police and vehicles.

Eagles defender Hill said: "I know they're frustrated, but should they be throwing punches at people? A good few landed and I'm a big lad and can take them, but should they be throwing them? I wasn't inciting anybody.

"Once one has a swing at you, everybody gets a bit brave and starts having swings. At one point there was maybe seven or eight on me.

Just reading his Facebook, Kirkland isn't pressing charges according to him. Pretty sure that he can still be charged if it is deemed in the public interest.

What a stupid wee boy, he will not shake this for a long time.

The incident is well documented, you don't need me to post a link just ask google.

I've seen a few players assaulted by fans first hand in recent years, Casper Ankergren the keeper now at Brighton was on the receiving end at the Den as was Shane Lowry up at Carlisle. I only mentioned Clint Hill as it was recent & at SWFC.

The Hearts fan on this thread seems keen to dish it out but given the attempted assault on an opposition manger at Hearts in recent years it seems to me at least a case of pot calling kettle black.

I'll leave the formulation of vile league fans to others, in the 80's the the flag and the bull dog did that sort of thing.

Trying to bring Hearts into this. Dearie me we are debating the vile disgusting club Leeds United here.

Deflect all you will. We all know what a scummy support Leeds are.

Having a look at his FB page, his favourite quote is:

Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts

Clever guy.

As a Leeds fan for over 30 years i thought these days were gone as the club has made big steps in getting rid of this type of fan.

All i can hope for is Leeds ban him for life and he gets a custodial sentence.

The stewarding at the game has also to be questioned as Leeds had over 5000 fans their but sheffield didnt have enough stewards at hte away end.

A statement on the OS:-

Leeds United Football Club would like to publicly apologise for and condemn the actions of the fan who came on to the pitch at Hillsborough and attacked Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Chris Kirkland.

The club will fully co-operate with both the Police and the football authorities in identfying the individual concerned.

After the week football has endured, there is no place for that type of behaviour and the majority of Leeds United fans will be ashamed of his actions.