The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

From the OS:-

Loan man returns to Elland Road... 0,,10273%7E9068210,00.jpg Defender George McCartney has returned to Leeds United on loan until the end of the season.

The Sunderland left-back returned to the north east after his most recent loan spell came to an end following our 3-3 draw with Portsmouth on December 28.

The Northern Ireland international made 17 appearances on loan at the end of last year in the left-back role, and played a major part in United's unbeaten run.

McCartney is likely to be named in the squad for Saturday's clash with Scunthorpe, but won't be available for the FA Cup third round replay with Arsenal on Wednesday.

United manager Simon Grayson said: "I'm delighted we've been able to bring George back until the end of the season. He did well over the course of his last loan spell and I know what he can bring to the table."

United chairman Ken Bates added: "The additional revenue earned from the Arsenal game has helped make this loan possible as we continue to invest both on and off the field."

Arsenal game has now sold out, couldn't get a ticket sadly, just ordered my ticket for the Norwich game in Feb, should be a cracker! Gutted about the Arsenal game as I could see us winning this, will have a wee tout about and see if I can pick one up somewhere. Good news about McCartney, we need to be solid in defence and he has been great.

Season ticket holders have up until 5pm on Saturday to claim their seats for the Arsenal match, there are bound to be a few who don't take the seats allocated to them, which means come 5pm Saturday a number of seats will become available.

I would suggest that you try again just after 5 tomorrow afternoon, slim chance as demand seems to be high & only a limited amount of season ticket holders will choose not to retain their allocated tickets.

Best of luck.

SuperAlly there are quite a number of Arsenal tickets for sale on the Leeds United message board "waccoe", if you're not already a member you will need to register first here http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

There is a link to the ticket office sub forum here, I suggest you keep your eye on it tickets will become available you just need watch it http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showforum=13

This fella has a number for sale http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=201234

Quite a few for sale from various members here http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=200936

One in the East Stand lower here http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=201155

Site rules dictate that users on that message board can only sell tickets at face value.

I can't vouch for any of the users on the Waccoe message board so tread carefully before you part with your hard earned.

Best of Luck

3 points today which keeps us in the hunt,.

Links to matchday program notes below. This week Ken Bates accuses Archbishop Desmond Tutu of being anti semitic, has a dig at fellow Leeds fan & leader of the Labour Party Ed Milliband along with the usual attacks on Fifa and Blatter.

Ken Bates program notes P1

Ken Bates progam notes P2

Simon Grayson's program notes

Good game, hopefully we can take positives from this and take it on to our promotion push.

It was.

Great goal from Bradley Johnson, hope it tempts a Premiership side to pay for him before the end of the month.

Now can wholly concentrate on the push towards promotion...

Snodgrass and Howson are mid-Premiership players in my view. They were awesome last night.

Though how good were Arsenal at times?! A joy to watch; Djourou was outstanding, as were Nasri, Sagna and Alex Song.

A collection of photograph's taken by fans in the 80's will be exhibited at "templeworks" before and after the Norwich game which might be of interest to some who watched Leeds at that time.

It's free and is a also in LS11 so not so far from Elland Road.

wishyouwerehere-flyer2-3.jpg

More details here http://www.templeworksleeds.com/?p=835

• 2 weeks later...

Live on sky friday the 22nd April as per OS:-

Royals clash to be televised...

Our home game against Reading at Elland Road has been brought forward for television coverage.

The game was scheduled for Saturday April 23 (3pm), but will now take place on Friday April 22 (7.45pm).

The game will be shown live on Sky.

Stewart to remain at Thorp Arch... 0,,10273%7E8879151,00.jpg Former Hearts midfielder Michael Stewart is to remain at Thorp Arch on an extended basis.

The 29-year-old, a four-times capped Scottish international, has been training with the club on a trial basis for the past two weeks, and manager Simon Grayson says he is keen to take an extended look at the player.

Stewart has not shortage of experience, having started his professional career at Manchester United and having made almost 200 senior appearances in spells with further spells at Notts Forest, Hibs, and Hearts.

"We're going to take an extended look at Michael," confirmed the boss.

"He's done okay while he's been here and he's shown the qualities that have seen him play for the likes of Manchester United and Hearts.

"Because he's done well and fitted in well, we're going to take more of a look at him and see how things go."

Stewart arrived at the club after a spell on the continent.

Grayson also confirmed that he has released the French midfielder who played in the behind closed doors game against York has been released.