The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

• 2 weeks later...

A Leeds fan from Arbroath that I know texted me to say that he's going down to the CP match.

Gooners in the FA Cup to look forward to.

I just hope I make it down on Saturday, bloody snow!

I don't think the 3rd round of the FA Cup will quite live up to last season's 3rd round game :D Still haven't got over Beckford's goal :D

I just hope I make it down on Saturday, bloody snow!

I don't think the 3rd round of the FA Cup will quite live up to last season's 3rd round game biggrin.gif Still haven't got over Beckford's goal biggrin.gif

Yesterdaywas a nightmare down here, pretty much the whole of Leeds gridocked from dinner time onwards. Shops in town shut at dinner time & trains and buses not running. Still not much better this morning, if you're relying on public transport best to check the service is still running before hand.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Yorkshire-Snow-blizzards-bring-big.6647272.jp

Yesterdaywas a nightmare down here, pretty much the whole of Leeds gridocked from dinner time onwards. Shops in town shut at dinner time & trains and buses not running. Still not much better this morning, if you're relying on public transport best to check the service is still running before hand.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Yorkshire-Snow-blizzards-bring-big.6647272.jp

We were going to drive, then when the snow hit we looked into a train but it was £80 return a head. So we'll just wait and see how the weather is; if it looks even half-decent we'll head down at 6am Saturday morning and hope for the best I guess...

We were going to drive, then when the snow hit we looked into a train but it was £80 return a head. So we'll just wait and see how the weather is; if it looks even half-decent we'll head down at 6am Saturday morning and hope for the best I guess...

The official site suggests the game is going to go ahead & they're doing all they can to ensure it does. http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20101202/project-buckingham-well-underway_2247585_2235429

Best of luck if you do decide to make the trip down.

Best of luck if you do decide to make the trip down.

Cheers, I would be gutted if it was called off as there is no chance I would make a midweek rearranged game; but better that than get halfway down and get stuck in the snow or on a blocked road.

Anyone know what the M6 is looking like at the moment? As it stands, reckon we'll head across the M8 and down so as to avoid the East coast as much as possible.

Arab_Joe the road traffic situation in Leeds has improved today (on the main roads at least). Traffic seems to be moving ok, all be it slowly.

Leeds are pretty sure at the minute the match is on, under soil heating switched on & terraces cleared of snow. However parking up at the ground might be a problem, not sure they've cleared them.

As an alternative it might be worth parking in town in a covered car park & getting the football special bus (catch it from Sovereign Street, see link for street Map)

http://maps.google.c...ar=Sovereign+St,+Leeds+LS1&gl=uk&ei=pRT5TNGGDs2BhQet54jpCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

There's a covered car park at the end of Sovereign Street on Swinegate.

Edited by repeat_offender