The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

I hope we Start Becchio and Somma up front again, I like McCormack but think the long haired strikers are better at the moment. Looking forward for Tuesdays game, if lucks on our side we could move up to 2nd.

January 3'rd,

Remember the date,

We beat the team we ******* hate,

We knocked the **** out the cup,

We're super Leeds and we're going up

Strong rumour that Shaun Harvey is to be replaced as CEO at Elland Road (within 21 days). If true it's almost certainly the 1st move from a group of new owners / investors.

Yup was reading about this last night big take over talk going about, not sure of the exact situation lots of rumours all of which involve Ken Bates getting shitloads of cash to do nothing so not much is changing in that aspect.

I would love for us to have a big wad of cash to play with before the January window, Seeing EPL Football at Elland road within a year still feels a million miles away though, just getting my head around playing at the dizzy heights of Ipswich town and Boro.

Yup was reading about this last night big take over talk going about, not sure of the exact situation lots of rumours all of which involve Ken Bates getting shitloads of cash to do nothing so not much is changing in that aspect.

I would love for us to have a big wad of cash to play with before the January window, Seeing EPL Football at Elland road within a year still feels a million miles away though, just getting my head around playing at the dizzy heights of Ipswich town and Boro.

Who know's may just be another false dawn, only a rumuor at this stage. Time will tell.

January 3'rd,

Remember the date,

We beat the team we ******* hate,

We knocked the **** out the cup,

We're super Leeds and we're going up

I remember it well :D

Even got my puss on the box when Beckford scored.

Left Tannadice on Saturday thinking it was still 0-0 at Elland Road, you can imagine my mood when I checked my phone in the car. A great start to the season, can't wait to get down to my first Championship game since 2006...

I remember it well biggrin.gif

Even got my puss on the box when Beckford scored.

Left Tannadice on Saturday thinking it was still 0-0 at Elland Road, you can imagine my mood when I checked my phone in the car. A great start to the season, can't wait to get down to my first Championship game since 2006...

We're away to Boro first game of the new year, should be a decent away trip and the closest Championship game for a travelling Scottish based fan. And more importantly, we're in with a chance of picking up some points and a chance to see many former SPL players, Boyd, Robson, McDonald, McManus and maybe Thomson too... and wee Gordon if he's not sacked by then.

Wasn't at the manc game would have loved to have been though, we could have sold out allocation 10 times over, not suprising to have seen the Leeds away fans outsinging the prawn sandwich eaters.

Wasn't at the manc game would have loved to have been though, we could have sold out allocation 10 times over, not suprising to have seen the Leeds away fans outsinging the prawn sandwich eaters.

The allocation was 9,000 and I was drawn 9,031st I think... thus 30 odd folk (at least) passed up tickets that they were drawn. I think they may well regret that :D

Outsung is a vast understatement my friend, the Stretford End was completely mute. About 10,000 were away even at the 80 minute mark. At the final whistle there were dozens of little pockets of Leeds fans in the home end - the scenes as some of them were tackled by security guards as they ran towards the away end was beautiful. I doubt I'll ever see the likes of it again, anywhere in my footballing travels, but hey.

Will most probably go to 'Boro then... get to see Barry Robson, quite possibly the msot naturally gifted Scot I've ever seen in the flesh.

Will most probably go to 'Boro then... get to see Barry Robson, quite possibly the msot naturally gifted Scot I've ever seen in the flesh.

Other than Snodgrass ofcourse. wink.gif

Talking of the manc game, anyone know when the first round of the FA cup will be drawn? Gutted that we got pumped out of the diddie cup early on, but The F.A. cup is where we want to be doing well in.

Talking of the manc game, anyone know when the first round of the FA cup will be drawn? Gutted that we got pumped out of the diddie cup early on, but The F.A. cup is where we want to be doing well in.

Leeds enter with the big boys in Round 3 this year. 8th January.

Other than Snodgrass ofcourse. wink.gif

Ha, I'm a big fan of Snodgrass actually (My Snodgrass for Scotland thread...) and see quite a few similarities to Barry Robson. Sweet left foot, I'm just glad that for Snodgrass it didn't take the metaphorical boot to the arse that a loan out to Forfar was for Robson to buckle down, give up the booze and become the great player that he always should have been. His free kick against Man U that hit the bar would have been the icing on the cake...

Robson seems to be the only thing keeping Boro from the bottom of the table at the moment and their fans seems particularly keen to stay away from games - the midweek game a few weeks back was the lowest ever attendance at the Riverside. Worrying times. At least they haven't got duds like Willo Floof on their books. Oh, wait.

Leeds enter with the big boys in Round 3 this year. 8th January.

+1 Cheers!

Hoping for a decent EPL team that we can beat with a bit of luck and then draw a big gun. Blackburn and then Man Utd would be good. Win lose or draw, Leeds vs Man Utd is a tie we live to be a part of. One of the Main reasons I can't wait to be back in the EPL.

Ha, I'm a big fan of Snodgrass actually (My Snodgrass for Scotland thread...) and see quite a few similarities to Barry Robson. Sweet left foot, I'm just glad that for Snodgrass it didn't take the metaphorical boot to the arse that a loan out to Forfar was for Robson to buckle down, give up the booze and become the great player that he always should have been. His free kick against Man U that hit the bar would have been the icing on the cake...

Robson seems to be the only thing keeping Boro from the bottom of the table at the moment and their fans seems particularly keen to stay away from games - the midweek game a few weeks back was the lowest ever attendance at the Riverside. Worrying times. At least they haven't got duds like Willo Floof on their books. Oh, wait.

Was flood not sold/loaned out? Or am I getting it mixed up and he is out injured? So thats McDonald, Boyd, Robson, McManus, Flood, Thomson and Killen.... 7 players from the old firm he has brought in within a year. Strange thing is Killen thats Twice he bought that player and twice he left him to rot before he got sold on. laugh.gif

Snodgrass was brilliant before he got sent off, got a huge cheers when they read out the team sheet and subs and also got a huge cheer when sent to warm up. If we do manage to get Promoted again this season then I'm sure he will get a call up, shame that the SFA don't want to know you unless you are playing in a EPL yo-yo club or the Old Firm.

Aye I'm amazed at the amount of fans they get from the orient, they go mad for Man Utd.... no idea why? Talk about glory hunting, they come from another continent! Not seen any other Top 4 side try to appeal so much to the Asian market. Truely a hideous club, can't wait until bacon face retires, when the old faces (ferdinand, VDS, neville, scholes, giggs, fergie) all go then thats the spine and heart of the club gone, they will be left with lack of identity and glazer at the helm to run them into the ground.

Aye I'm amazed at the amount of fans they get from the orient, they go mad for Man Utd.... no idea why? Talk about glory hunting, they come from another continent! Not seen any other Top 4 side try to appeal so much to the Asian market.

I take it Leeds no longer have a Chinese version of their website :unsure:

Truely a hideous club, can't wait until bacon face retires, when the old faces (ferdinand, VDS, neville, scholes, giggs, fergie) all go then thats the spine and heart of the club gone, they will be left with lack of identity and glazer at the helm to run them into the ground.

Well, it pretty much happened to us ;)

I take it Leeds no longer have a Chinese version of their website unsure.gif

Well, it pretty much happened to us wink.gif

I think we can put that 1 down as a failed experiment, along with the travel company & motor racing team.

I've no doubt that the fat cats at Elland Road (who ever they really are) would trade traditional support for far eastern cash in a heartbeat. To a degree the club has been sheltered by poor team performance (I don't think there's much interest in L1 in Shanghai).

The dramatic decline in the Leeds Uniteds team meant that there was quite an interval between visits to Old Trafford for me. When I returned on Jan 3rd the place had changed in a way I wouldn't have predicted possible previously. Not the fixture I remember from the past, closest you get for me these days is FC United vs Ossett Town.

Edited by repeat_offender

Leeds still have that feel about them that takes you back to when English football was a mans game and not like it is now, foreign nancy boys diving all the time, quiet fans, a million step overs per game by the wingers.

I like to watch that show on ITV4(?) that shows you a game from 30 years ago, I saw Newcastle vs Leicester recently and it's amazing how much football has changed, the tackles then would all be automatic reds now, players would play on no matter how much of a bog the pitch was, I love the old game, and you get an extra feel that Leeds still have that old fashioned way about them sometimes.

Looking forward to tonights game, I think it will be the exact same line up as last week due to injuries and Snodgrass being suspended. Prestons 2 Man Utd loan players both have injuries too though. I hope we go out and put on a good show and win by a good margin, none of this slipping up to the bottom clubs at home pish please!

Will be getting there nice and early and getting a pie and a drink, not sure what to expect attendance wise, doubt Preston are taking a large away support tonight.

Leeds: Higgs, Hughes, Bruce, Collins, McCartney, Gradel, Howson, Johnson, Sam, Somma, Becchio. Subs: Brown, Naylor, Kilkenny, Clayton, Faye, Watt, Nunez.

Preston: Lonergan, Morgan, Jones, Davidson, St. Ledger, Russell, Treacy , Coutts, Barton, Parkin, Hume Subs: Hayes, Mayor, Arestidou, McLaughlin, Wright, Gray, Parry.

Referee: N Miller

Listen to live commentary (WATCH LIVE ON PPV IN SPAIN OR SOUTH AFRICA!!) on

LUTV and/or follow live stats, scores and tables on our Matchday Console...

0,,10273%7E5629510,00.gif 0,,10273%7E5629504,00.gif

United manager

Simon Grayson named an unchanged side from the one which beat Sheffield United at the weekend. His only switch came on the bench where an injured Ross McCormack was replaced by debutant Honduran international Ramon Nunez.