The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Fair enough, the bet was clear enough and I linked it above.
The bad news is the Mrs was looking over my shoulder as I was checking the purchase history on my most recent club account last night, she's smart enough to convert games attended into £s and is probably beginning to realise why we can't afford the car she really wants now
I thought it best not to point out the purchase history I was looking at didn't include aways:lol:
Change in circumstances may mean the number of games I get to next season drops just as Leeds make it back to the top tier.

Divorces can be expensive tbf!

14 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Sounds good to me and for a good  cause Offy :). Let’s put a tenner on it.

Just homes or all games ? I’ve got a pretty accurate total from putting them into the groundhopper app the Mantis and a few others on here have been down with me over the years and can verify. 

You're a fucking weirdo...

13 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Aw Christ I thought this was cards on the table Leeds v Liverpool games seen :lol:

...and a complete shitebag.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Questioning a strangers level of support is bizarre and subsequently shitting out of a bet  when called on it marks you out as a weirdo and a shitebag.

There’s a bit of the weirdo in us all Moonster ... :D

On 07/02/2019 at 09:37, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’m afraid it wasn’t really you must have a far better memory than me Offy :)

Is that all ? :D ... No fair play to you that’s a fair few games. 

I just like having a wee nibble because all you ever seem to get is folk who support the likes of Stirling Albion and Falkirk giving it big licks about we and us when Leeds win. 

I have never, and will never, refer to Leeds United as "we" or "us".

I’m afraid it wasn’t really you must have a far better memory than me Offy [emoji4]. 
Is that all ? [emoji3] ... No fair play to you that’s a fair few games. 
I just like having a wee nibble because all you ever seem to get is folk who support the likes of Stirling Albion and Falkirk giving it big licks about we and us when Leeds win. 

Who honestly gives a f**k you absolute spanner?

It's been reported that the 'spy' Bielsa sent to the Derby training ground is a 20 year old intern, who is also tasked with going to pubs before future opponents games and speaking to opposition fans about their players.

What a man.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It's been reported that the 'spy' Bielsa sent to the Derby training ground is a 20 year old intern, who is also tasked with going to pubs before future opponents games and speaking to opposition fans about their players.

What a man.

While Leeds get set for a further delay in the ongoing ‘spygate’ case, The Times have reported some additional details regarding the EFL’s investigation.

The mysterious figure at the centre of the “Spygate” scandal — a 20-year-old intern brought to Leeds United by Marcelo Bielsa, the manager — was spending 24 hours before matches conducting undercover reconnaissance in the towns and cities of the club’s forthcoming opponents before being caught outside the Derby County training ground last month. Rather than simply spying on opponents, this remarkable scouting operation represented an attempt to get under the skin of every aspect of Leeds’ Championship rivals, which, in their submissions to the EFL, the club attribute to youthful enthusiasm. Throughout the season the Leeds intern has spent time around every Championship club from Swansea City to Middlesbrough, talking to fans, drinking in pubs and consuming local media to gain an insight into how the opposition fans would react during matches, as well as attempting to observe training.

The report also again dismisses Frank Lampard’s claim that the scout had bolt cutters on him when he was stopped by police, saying he had secateurs in his car.

25 minutes ago, WALMOT said:

While Leeds get set for a further delay in the ongoing ‘spygate’ case, The Times have reported some additional details regarding the EFL’s investigation.

The mysterious figure at the centre of the “Spygate” scandal — a 20-year-old intern brought to Leeds United by Marcelo Bielsa, the manager — was spending 24 hours before matches conducting undercover reconnaissance in the towns and cities of the club’s forthcoming opponents before being caught outside the Derby County training ground last month. Rather than simply spying on opponents, this remarkable scouting operation represented an attempt to get under the skin of every aspect of Leeds’ Championship rivals, which, in their submissions to the EFL, the club attribute to youthful enthusiasm. Throughout the season the Leeds intern has spent time around every Championship club from Swansea City to Middlesbrough, talking to fans, drinking in pubs and consuming local media to gain an insight into how the opposition fans would react during matches, as well as attempting to observe training.

The report also again dismisses Frank Lampard’s claim that the scout had bolt cutters on him when he was stopped by police, saying he had secateurs in his car.

World's greatest job found.

What a man.

Where would apply to be a “boy that goes to pubs and blether folk” and what qualifications are required?

• 2 weeks later...

Posted by Juani Jimena in Facebook group ¨Leeds Media¨ 18 January 2019.
If someone wants to write me my email is: juanignaciojimena@gmail.com
Hello from Argentina. First of all, sorry for my english is not the best, but at least is
better than bielsa´s  I'm in this group two months ago.
Why im here? First, because of Bielsa. Second, because i love football, i watch
football from all around the world. I like leeds before Bielsa arrive, and even more
now.
From the first moment I realized that the fans of leeds united liked bielsa, But I feel
that after the press conference the other day, you realized who is Bielsa really.
Think about it for a moment, I'm Argentine, what do I do here?
I'm not even a fan of the Newells old boys (Bielsa's team), im a River Plate fan.
The answer is because Bielsa is much more than a football coach. It is a way of
seeing life, and I'm not exaggerating.
We have Argentines, Chileans, Bilbao fanatics, Marseille fans, watching all the
Leeds United games, and even celebrating the goals.I screamed the goals of the
leeds this year, as if they were from the river plate.
Some other coach can generate that?. It will happen to you when Bielsa leaves
Leeds United. You are going to follow him. Watching Bielsa´s team's matches,
wishing him well
Some facts : In Chile, anthropologists, sociologists, analyze the influence of Bielsa
in Chilean society. Bielsa modified the self-esteem of Chilean society. When Chile
faced Argentina or Brazil, they thought before playing that they would lose. Bielsa,
made them believe they could.
He made them believe that they were just as good as them. In fact, they beat us,
Argentina, for the first time. That trust was transferred to the entire Chilean society,
which began to trust in themselves. Not only in football. what made anthropologists
interested in the Bielsa effect on the whole society
That's Bielsa.
In 2007 there were presidential elections in Chile. In a poll conducted majority of
society wanted Bielsa as president of the nation. It is good to clarify that the
Chileans above, do not like the Argentines. That´s Bielsa.
Throughout his career Bielsa had an enemy in common. Corporations or
monopolies of the press. In Argentina clarin, in bilbao the mail, in Chile the
mercury, in england sky. Why? First, Bielsa rarely gives interviews outside of press
conferences. The mediatic corporacoines are accustomed to inviting coaches or
players to their channels. Bielsa speaks to the press only at conferences, which
means that if you are from a local radio, or from the largest media corporation, you
have the same opportunity. Clarin, in Argentina, hated that. They criticized him for
not going to his television channels for interviews, and he received them only at a

press conference with local radio stations. That's bielsa, equality. Regardless if you
are an independent media, or a corporation.
He once told a Clarin journalist, one of his phrases that I liked the most : ¨The
further away I am from you, and from what you represent, the better person I am¨
Bielsa is more than a football coach. But also as a football coach is the best.
Makes a team that finished 13th in the second division of English football, per
moment play in the same way as Barcelona or Manchester City.
He made all the Leeds United fans believe that you can also play like Barcelona,
that you will play next year in the Premier League, and you are already thinking
that Leeds will play an excellent role in the premier league next year. That's bielsa.
If a Bielsa team is winning a match 2 to 0, Bielsa will not take care of the result, will
go for the third goal. Running the risk of being tied or complicate the game. He
prefers risk before speculation. And that, is not only in a football match, also in life.
In life, you have people who speculate, or you have people who risk everything for
what they believe. Bielsa, risk everything for what he believes, me too. That's why
Bielsa is more than a football coach, he is a coach of life. Enjoy it, it can last for
years or days, with him you never know. Therefore, enjoy every day.
Sorry for the length of my posting, but I wanted to tell you how I feel. In this time I
have learned a lot from Leeds, and it is a fascinating club with fans and a huge
history.
Not only will you promote the premier league, you will promote playing an
incredible football, with honesty, with risk, with ideology, with values.
Greetings, friends. From Argentina
PS: "The recovery work has five or six guidelines, the limit is reached, the offensive
football is infinite, endless, which is why it is easier to defend than to create"
"I am an obsessive of the attack, I watch videos to attack, not to defend ... to have
the ball, to have authority"
¨Success is an exception and not a continuous'
"For me, trust is a synonym of relaxation, I prefer fear, because it forces you to be
attentive"
Marcelo Bielsa.