N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

I agree about Price, I don't think he's totally ready yet for the pressure of the later stages of the playoffs. I suppose the only way to get ready for it is to go for it. I'd love to see the Bruins beat the Canadiens to be honest, it should be a good game, I look forward to it.

What do people make of the rumour that the Canucks and Senators are discussing a trade of Luongo for Spezza? I assume it'll include Gerber going to Vancouver too just so that the Canucks have a goalie. The Canucks are looking to rebuild their team and Spezza is exactly what they need, somebody capable of over 100 points, but I'd imagine their team will be rebuilt around Luongo. It's certainly inetresting.

I agree about Price, I don't think he's totally ready yet for the pressure of the later stages of the playoffs. I suppose the only way to get ready for it is to go for it. I'd love to see the Bruins beat the Canadiens to be honest, it should be a good game, I look forward to it.

What do people make of the rumour that the Canucks and Senators are discussing a trade of Luongo for Spezza? I assume it'll include Gerber going to Vancouver too just so that the Canucks have a goalie. The Canucks are looking to rebuild their team and Spezza is exactly what they need, somebody capable of over 100 points, but I'd imagine their team will be rebuilt around Luongo. It's certainly inetresting.

I have no idea how strong those rumours are, but straight off the bat I would say not a chance in hell. I am almost always wrong though

I have no idea how strong those rumours are, but straight off the bat I would say not a chance in hell. I am almost always wrong though

My only sources are hearing in mentioned by commentators once or twice, and on messageboards. Sans fans seem up for it, Canucks fans less so.

No, please no. Gerber isn't a good enough replacement as starting goaltender and Sanford is a decent backup, if we are losing Luono we sure as hell need to be looking for more than Spezza and Gerber, we need goals, and someone capable of minimum 40 goals a season, not convinced Spezza is there yet.

Injuries didn't help the Sens, but even then Heatley etc. were all very underwhelming when they did play. It was a surprise to me cause I think like a lot of people I expected them to be one of the favourites this year. Won der what happened...

Rangers won last night to become the 2nd team to bag their series too, meaning they'll play the Penguins in the next round. A great chance to crush Sean Avery.

The Sens peaked a bit too early and were falling away towards the end of the regular season and the Pens just blew them away, would liked to have seen the Sens put up more of a fight though as they are a quality side. I think every team in the NHL want to crush Avery :lol: but i suppose the league needs characters like that.

He has done a decent job for us so far for his first time in the play-offs. We should have had the series finished by now but we have gone on a mini slump which hopefully we can finish it off at the Bell Centre :) Go Habs Go!!

Spezza has done well for the Sens and with Heatley and Alfredsson they can be quite dangerous, he will probably go but getting Luongo is a decent trade.

I think I'll be watching the 7th tie between the Flyers and the Caps, it's gonna be a good one. I hope Washington go through.

Re; the Habs game last night... well, that's just proof really of their quality. They needed the win and they sure as hell got it.

Goooooo Joe! Only kidding, much as I am meant to hate the Flames, I find myself rooting for the Canadian teams and the atmosphere in the Canadian stadiums is just unbelievable, was madness for the Habs last night and that's the quarter final! Plus the C of Red is something else.

Goooooo Joe! Only kidding, much as I am meant to hate the Flames, I find myself rooting for the Canadian teams and the atmosphere in the Canadian stadiums is just unbelievable, was madness for the Habs last night and that's the quarter final! Plus the C of Red is something else.

Its always better that a Canadien team wins rather than American

Yeah the C of Red is unreal, I have experienced it once and was blown away

But Joe Thornton, what a big time player he is. How vital will that goal be?

But Joe Thornton, what a big time player he is. How vital will that goal be?

Kinda outshone a little bit in the end :P

Commiserations to Mr Brightside, Calgary did very well to take it to a game 7 but the Sharks looked far better throughout and fully deserved their win. Still gutted about the Caps though, but Montreal should do the business against the Flyers.

I realise that absolutely every single person hates the Flyers, and as a Penguins fan it is my duty to do so too, but I struggle to find any reason. I don't exactly like them, but I prefer them the Capitals anyway. I'm pleased anyway, I'd rather come up against the Flyers than the Caps. Good win for San Jose too, I don't pay as much attention to the Western conference as I'd like to, but when I have seen the Sharks they've been outstanding. Definitely have to be one of the favourites

Kinda outshone a little bit in the end :P

Commiserations to Mr Brightside, Calgary did very well to take it to a game 7 but the Sharks looked far better throughout and fully deserved their win. Still gutted about the Caps though, but Montreal should do the business against the Flyers.

Cheers man, I have been avoiding this thread all day

However, we do have one title :D

The most inconsistant team in the NHL <_<

Mince about the Caps

Hopefully the Habs or Pens go on to win it now

The Penguins play the Rangers on Friday, which means my TV will hopefully be fixed and I'll be able to get a good picture instead of watching a stream on the internet. I can't wait already.

GO PENS GO.

Now that my team is out

I have take the decision to support the team that plays the best hockey, that would be you's