N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Boulerice is a scumbag and has previous in this department from the minor leagues, hopefully won't see much NHL ice time for the rest of his career.

If it makes you smile go to live leak, search on Boulerice and watch him get sparked out by some other geezer. :lol:

Let's revive this thread for the upcoming playoffs...

What to say about the Western Conference, eh? Detroit have owned it this season to be honest, but I doubt they'll go far in the playoffs. I hope not anyway.

The Eastern is much more exciting, I think a team from there will win it. I hope it's the Penguins, but I'm not sure. If they can utilise the fact that they have the strongest attack in their history (well, there was the early 90s Jagr and Lemieux days, but with Malkin, Hossa and Crosby it could be debated).

I hope they can avoid Ottawa in the playoffs, the record isn't the best to be honest, at least not this year. I wouldn't mind getting the Habs, good record against them. Going to be very exciting.

My tip for the playoffs? Heart says Penguins, but my head tells me we're too reliant on attacking and a good team will capitalise on this. It's going to be interesting...

Lets go Pens!

Just hoping the Canucks can scrape into the playoffs this year, need to punt Naslund or at least half his wages for next year. I think we will just scrape in, Luongo and the Sedin brothers will carry us there. As for tips for the title, the Sharks are on form but I don't think they have quite the quality to go all the way, the Senators do but haven't shown it consistently enough. I'd like to see the Devils do it but at the moment I'd be sticking my cash on the Canadiens.

Who is the biggest goon in NHL?

Gonna watch hockey fights on you tube (yes am that bored at work) and fancy watching a complete meathead.

I'm getting quite into hockey, I respect there ability to fight on ice!!!

Dion Phaneuf, Calgary Flames #3

this should satisfy all your desires

plus he's also seeing Elisha Cuthbert

elisha201jpgjpgpo5.jpg

GO HABS GO!!!

I think we have a decent shout at getting far in the play-offs. Would be good to finish top of the northeast division but we are still to play the senators twice im pretty sure and we have a very bad record against them so they will be looking to top the eastern conference. Just have to hope Kovalev keeps banging in goals, I was worried when Huet got released to Washington but Price has done a decent job so far.

And Rob, Elisha Cuthbert may be dating Phaneuf but she will always be a Habs fan ;)

Well we lost to St Louis yesterday 4-3 in a shootout :( It was a good chance too aswell to open up a 4pt gap over Ottawa at the top of our division even though they have a game in hand.

The NY Rangers are on a bit of a run at the moment with two good wins over the Pens and Devils.

Detroit beat Columbus 3-1 and clinched the division, Buffalo beat Tampa Bay 7-4 today aswell and currently Chicago are belting Washington 5-0 :o I was expecting the Capitals to win that one.

Anyway bring on the Bruins tomorrow :D Go Habs Go!!

Edited by Bluenose5

Well we lost to St Louis yesterday 4-3 in a shootout :( It was a good chance too aswell to open up a 4pt gap over Ottawa at the top of our division even though they have a game in hand.

The NY Rangers are on a bit of a run at the moment with two good wins over the Pens and Devils.

Detroit beat Columbus 3-1 and clinched the division, Buffalo beat Tampa Bay 7-4 today aswell and currently Chicago are belting Washington 5-0 :o I was expecting the Capitals to win that one.

Anyway bring on the Bruins tomorrow :D Go Habs Go!!

Boston are brutal right now, Habs should walk that.

Pens play Lightning at home tonight, these are never the most exciting matches but nonetheless I'll be watching.

Go Penguins!

Canucks are building up a bit of momentum, take on the Wild tonight to go top of the Northwest, which is their only chance of progressing past round 1 of the playoffs I think, unless we get 6th which also gives us a chance, can't afford 4,5 or 7th but could maybe catch the Redwings cold if we finish 8th. I'm now convinced we will make the playoffs, which probably means they will screw it up somehow.

With Atlanta giving up this year, i haven't followed it really. Penguins are looking very good for the Stanley cup this year however. They put everything they could into getting Hossa (who should be back fit soon) which gives them 3 of the top scoring offenseman in the game (Hossa, Malkin and Crosby).

With Atlanta giving up this year, i haven't followed it really. Penguins are looking very good for the Stanley cup this year however. They put everything they could into getting Hossa (who should be back fit soon) which gives them 3 of the top scoring offenseman in the game (Hossa, Malkin and Crosby).

Will be a struggle to fit them all in at once, but they should always be able to have at least one of them on the ice at at time.

Hossa won't be in Pittsburgh next season anyway, they have publicly come out and said the priority is to keep Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal, and then they'll see if they have the funds to keep Marian Hossa, which will be a struggle really.

Massive game in the Eastern tomorrow night, Pens taking on the Devils, I think the winner will end up coming out on top of the conference.

Hossa won't be in Pittsburgh next season anyway, they have publicly come out and said the priority is to keep Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal, and then they'll see if they have the funds to keep Marian Hossa, which will be a struggle really.

Massive game in the Eastern tomorrow night, Pens taking on the Devils, I think the winner will end up coming out on top of the conference.

You beat us to get Hossa as he was like the only player we were after so to add him with Malkin, Crosby and Staal in your team you have a very decent squad.

We beat Boston again so thats 2 wins against the Bruins in the past few days and 8 wins against them this season :) The Pens had a great game against the Devils belting them 7-1 with 5 goals coming in the 3rd period :o and Ottawa lost at home to Toronto which was another result in our favour leaving us 5pts ahead of them when we play them at the Bell Centre on Monday :D hopefully we can finally notch up a win against the Senators for once. San Jose have clinched their play-off spot and Calgary beat Minnesota 5-4 to close the gap between them to 1pt in the northwest. Only 2 games tomorrow with St Louis at Chicago and NY Islanders at Philly.

Edited by Bluenose5

GO HABS GO!!! :D

Today we finally beat Ottawa 7-5 :) We were 7-1 up and then the Senators came back with 4 in the 3rd period :o We stay top of the Eastern Conference and now have a 7 point lead over Ottawa :) The Pens lost to the NY Islanders which was a bit of a surprise and now they play the Devils who beat them a couple of days ago. Colorado beat Calgary 2-0 and Edmonton beat Minnesota 5-3 in the other matches.

Pittsburgh have just beaten NYR to go top of the Eastern. Deecent game, we had 3 PPs without any shots though which is unusual. Hossa got a goal too which I was happy about, and also Crosby getting back in was important. He looked good.

Go Penguins! :D