N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

I'm a Flames fan myself but been at GM Place (what I'll always call it) a couple of times to see the Canucks, and with Vancouver being one of my all-time favourite cities, I can only say.....

.....'mon the Canadians!

As a Flame myself, i tried to do this, but couldn't.

He's right, it was a late hit and as such interference, but it was not that late at all, less than a second. Horton was watching his pass for a split second too long which contributed to the severity of the collision. Still a penalty, still a 5 minute major given the NHL's (stupid) policy on injuries determining penalties, but a 4 game suspension in the SCF? When the previous biggest suspension ever was given in the SCF is 1 game? At worst, it's comparable to Pronger's elbow in the 2007 Finals

which got him a game suspension. A relatively easy suspension for the NHL given that it was Rome, but it really was nowhere near the worst hit of these playoffs, never mind the worst hit in the history of the Finals (by a long way judging by the disciplinary system).

Shoulder to head, he left the ice to make the hit. It's illegal is every aspect, he moved & pivoted to make the hit, while striding out to do it.

He could have easily stopped, or not even pivoted to come back at Horton.

Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol in Battlestar Galactica) stuck this up on his Twitter last night:

Dear Riot Police: Carte Blanche. Take those fuckers down. Pepper spray, rubber bullets, live ammo. Go hard. Those people do not rep. us.

Which I took to mean the Canucks got skelped