N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

6-3 Sharks. Out thought and out played St Louis.

Extra happy because i stuck a 5er on Cooch to grab a double at 11/1.

Once again they win the first game of the series. So inconsistent though.

All these game sevens will mean they’ll run out of juice at some point. I think they’ve been a pleasant surprise this off-season. What they really need is a hockey-playing version of Steph Curry - a guy who just turns it on when it’s most needed. Maybe Logan Couture can become that guy.

Sharks managed to find themselves 4-3 down in the last minute of 3rd period after being 2-0 and 3-1 up. Thankfully the aforementioned Logan Couture scored to take the game into overtime where a slightly*controversial Erik Karlsson goal gives the Sharks the win and a 2-1 series lead.

*By slightly I mean should never have stood due to a clear hand pass. 

All these game sevens will mean they’ll run out of juice at some point. I think they’ve been a pleasant surprise this off-season. What they really need is a hockey-playing version of Steph Curry - a guy who just turns it on when it’s most needed. Maybe Logan Couture can become that guy.
Especially with the Bruins going through 4-0.

Trying to stay up as long as possible for game 4 tonight but i'll be asleep for the first period ending. Time difference is a killer.

Not NHL but better here than elsewhere.

Seven years ago I chose Marko Anttila's name for the back of my TPS Jersey. The whole season I was laughed at by other fans, the twenty-seven year old Anttila earning himself the nickname of "the icicle" as he struggled to manoeuvre around the ice on the second line of a team which scraped into the playoffs.

On Sunday, after scoring the only goal of the semi final, he captained his country to World Championship gold, scoring twice in a man-of-the-match performance.

On 5/28/2019 at 04:58, DiegoDiego said:

Seven years ago I chose Marko Anttila's name for the back of my TPS Jersey. The whole season I was laughed at by other fans, the twenty-seven year old Anttila earning himself the nickname of "the icicle" as he struggled to manoeuvre around the ice on the second line of a team which scraped into the playoffs.

On Sunday, after scoring the only goal of the semi final, he captained his country to World Championship gold, scoring twice in a man-of-the-match performance.

World Championship thread for this pish!

St Louis looked like they were on a powerplay in Overtime last night, just relentless pressure that Boston couldn't handle, well deserved win.   

On 28/05/2019 at 09:58, DiegoDiego said:

Some effort from a team of jobbers plus Kakko

1 minute ago, Torpar said:

World Championship thread for this pish!

St Louis looked like they were on a powerplay in Overtime last night, just relentless pressure that Boston couldn't handle, well deserved win.   

Well, there was a delayed penalty for about a minute

Strange game 2, Boston looked like they'd never played with each other before and were blowing out their arse for most of the third. Hopefully a big statement game to come in game 3.