N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Bang goes that hope. Dustin Byfuglien scored a hat trick, embarrassing. Simple fact is that the Blackhawks are a better team this year, if they hold on to the momentum and don't screw the series up I think it's in the bag. Be interesting to see what they do next year with their entry level contracted superstars getting a massive pay rise.

And there goes the series. Go Habs.

Yep, I've not been this up for a game since the finals last year. :D

Pretty confident, Crosby's performance will be a huge factor tonight, if he can get a few early shots on goal I'm hoping he'll take some confidence from that and score a couple. I'm expecting some pretty hard hitting hockey too, so Montréal should be prepared for a physical game. The tough part for the Penguins will be getting the puck past a solid goaltender who has been excellent in this series.

Anyway, bring it on. Go Pens!

I support 2 NHL teams Canucks are my Western team, heartbreak AGAIN to see us go out at the same stage we always bloody dosad.gif

but... Montreal are my Eastern team, I'm sat here now with my Habs home jersey on enjoying a game 7 2-0 lead after 18minutes of the 1st biggrin.gif

hate pens, love habs!

great to see 20,000 packed into the Bell centre... yes, thats right in Montreal as the fans have paid to see the game on the big screens in Montreal, Great great fans, I really hope it's our year for the Habs to once again win it.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!!!!

Gutted after that, I knew Crosby's performance would be vital and by getting a penalty for roughing as soon as the game started wasn't really very promising.

Fleury has had an average season, and tonight his performance was poor. He's caught out of position all too often, and if any area of the team needs some work it's in goal. He has what it takes to be a top class goalie, but he's just not had a great year and all they problem's he has had showed up tonight.

Montréal are so tough to break down, and then once you manage it, you've got to deal with a fantastic goaltender too. They'll do well whoever they come up against in the next round, and if it's the Flyers hopefully they'll destroy them.

Overall a disappointing performance, but you can't make the SCF every year I suppose, eh? We've had a few fantastic years, with some incredible talent in the team and long may it continue.

Let's Go Pens!

Allez Le Habs!

Wish I was back in Montreal now, the place will be buzzing.

I love your teams buddy! mon the habs, lets get this done, I'm hoping for philly in the next round, cannot wait biggrin.gif the bell centre will be rocking!

I love your teams buddy! mon the habs, lets get this done, I'm hoping for philly in the next round, cannot wait biggrin.gif the bell centre will be rocking!

Is that Big Gay Al dumped then? ;)

Allez Le Habs!

Wish I was back in Montreal now, the place will be buzzing.

Didn't know you used to live there, what's it like in Canada? I have a friend who lives there with his family, i am moving over there in 2012.

I am jumping on the Habs wagon for the playoffs, until the start of next season anyway ;)

Here's hoping Camma can lift the cup.

Got to feel for the Bruins, losing the playoff series against Philly 4-3 after being 3 games ahead AND 3-0 ahead in the first of game 7.

Lost the game on the power play for a too many men on the ice penalty, bad times. And not the first time the Bruins have had that penalty bite them on the backside either according to the recap!

Got to feel for the Bruins, losing the playoff series against Philly 4-3 after being 3 games ahead AND 3-0 ahead in the first of game 7.

Lost the game on the power play for a too many men on the ice penalty, bad times. And not the first time the Bruins have had that penalty bite them on the backside either according to the recap!

I think it serves them right, all they need to do is win 1 game, yet they totally choke, they had 2 home games on their side as well yet the totally crumbled.... well done to the flyers, but it all is academic as the Habs are going to destroy them!